AssemblyBoard
May 15, 2024, 11:41:02 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were king  (Read 20087 times)
Arthur
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 03:36:34 am »

Who am I , I am not without sin, to be able to cast the first stone.

What is that supposed to mean?  You can still condemn sodomy and anyone who practises it.  You should condemn them!
Not all sin is the same and not every person is the same.  As the redeemed, we have forsaken the wicked works of darkness.  Yes, we understand it is by his mercy that we were redeemed, not of our own merit.  Saved from what?  God's wrath?  Why were we under his wrath?  For our actions.  What actions?  The same godless actions that the lost practise to this day. If God hates it, so should we, as his blood-bought people.

You know Arthur: Just like Sodom and Gomorrha, the time is riping for God to destroy the earth.
I know these are signs that will indicate that the time is drawing so near.
I welcome the time when God will grace the earth.
These signs of darkness must come to usher in the era of the AntiChrist.
Why are we so surprised that it is here.

Yes, and no surprise here.  I don't accept it as normal or ok though.  Sodomy is an abomination.

There is nothing I can do to stop government from making these stupid rules. I sign the petitions and written to my member of parliament, and I exercise my right to vote, so I can consciously rightfully complain when the government does something displeasing.
If you dont vote, dont complain.

Same here, nothing I can do.  I do vote, but it's meaningless.  The representatives that we elect don't care about the people.  For example, on the gay marriage issue that came before the senate, there has never been so many calls, letters, emails in the history of the U.S. that came into senators from concerned citizens about this issue.  And 500 to 1 it was in favor of making a bill to protect marriage.  BUT, did the senators listen to the people?  Heck no!  They voted according to whichever lobby/special interest had them in their pocket.  

If a gay man, repents and practice celebracy. Would you still have him executed.

No, I would not have him executed.  If he repents, then he'd be set free of course.  But if does it again, i.e. no true repentance, he's dead.

COMPASSION.

WHERE IS YOUR COMPASSION.

I am on welfare, I am a single mother I raised two girls working part time jobs.
I am not trying to seek disability for mood disorder.
In this small town there are no jobs except part time jobs, which pays only minimum wage.
It is not enough to support myself, let alone a family.
I dont drive, so I have to work in town, where walking distance is a must.
I have to have medication for my antidepressives, which without a government welfare drug card, would cost me $100 a month.
I live in social housing, I pay gas heating, hydro, water, plus my phone.
including groceries, cleaning supplies, hygienic supplies and my furry family members needs.
I also have debts.
Last month I only received $368.00 per month to live on.  It is no pleasure ride on welfare.Ontario Works.
Being on welfare is emotionally bankrupt and financially bankrupt.
I have volunteered with in the community and with in my church.

You are probably going to say, I am trying to justify my reasoning.  But if there was a full time office job outthere somewhere, where I can gained the skills, usefullness, confidence and acceptance. I will be glad to accept.
Arthur. You told me to wake up.  There is nothing I can do about this country policies.
But I think Arthur you need a reality check, of fact that there are people out there that need compassion and understanding.
This why I asked you about some of your rules.
Are there going to be jobs out there to have.

Your King Arthur's kingdom is not realitic and human demeaning.

With out expections in life. There is no COMPASSION.

LENORE

Lenore, I have compassion.  If I were king and you were to come to me with your story, I help you out.  As king I couldn't fix every persons individual problem, but I'd do my best.  Also, as I've mentioned, after I'd get these reforms in place, situations like yours would be the exception and not the rule.  Your husband wouldn't have left you, or if he had died your church would help you out.  (That's what they are supposed to do, look after the widows, unless you remarry and depending on your age and behavior).

Some questions, what happened to your husband? Is he dead?  divorced? Was there a court order for him to pay child support?  Is he paying child support?  Does your church help you? friends? family?  And if things had turned out differently you might not need to take pills for depression, because you wouldn't be depressed.  

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 03:39:11 am by Arthur » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 05:19:09 am »

If I were King of the Forest,
Not Queen, not Duke, not Prince
My regal robes of the Forest
Would be satin, not cotton, not chintz
I'd command each thing, be it fish or fowl
with a woof and a woof and a royal growl--woof!
As I'd click my heel
and the trees would kneel
And the mountains bow
and the bulls kowtow
And the sparrow would take wing
F---I--f---I  were king.

Each rabbit would show respect to me
The chipmunks genuflect to me.
Though my tail would lash
I would show compash
For every underling...
F---I---f----I were King...
Just King.

It's good to be the King.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 05:42:01 am »

If I were King of the Forest,
Not Queen, not Duke, not Prince
My regal robes of the Forest
Would be satin, not cotton, not chintz
I'd command each thing, be it fish or fowl
with a woof and a woof and a royal growl--woof!
As I'd click my heel
and the trees would kneel
And the mountains bow
and the bulls kowtow
And the sparrow would take wing
F---I--f---I  were king.

Each rabbit would show respect to me
The chipmunks genuflect to me.
Though my tail would lash
I would show compash
For every underling...
F---I---f----I were King...
Just King.

It's good to be the King.

Alas, Joe, where is Bert Lahr when we need him?  Huh

al Wink

summer007

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 11:31:32 am »

Oh King,  Hast Thou forgotton the Oil, the precious fuel that fills our SUV's ? And that most of it comes from Saudi. You said you'd do what is in our best interests. And most of the Oil Rich are Muslim. What will ye do do to make us Energy efficient and please dont mention our scant reserves or Alaska. Thank-You Your  Highness.
Arthur
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 12:08:23 pm »

The technology for hydrogen fuel cells is here.  All we need is for filling stations to become as numerous as gas stations.
The middle east can return back to their 9th century ways once the money stops flowing in.  

But let's say hypothetically that we are still dependent upon oil.  When you mentioned the scant reserves in Alaska, are you referring to our current developments or the untouched oil fields that we are not using because some idiot liberals are concerned for the caribou?  It probably would improve the ecology but they're diseased mind can't reason so don't bother explaining it to them.

As for the middle east, if we were still dependent upon oil, the middle east would become a colony of the USA.

Arthur
summer007

Email
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 12:40:36 pm »

A take-over just as I suspected! But what if they similtaniously blew-up all their gas stations here first? The way they've set the oil fields afire in the mid-east.  You know they're planning something. Also doing dry-runs and probes at all the major airports as reported 7/21/04 on CNN. Are you prepared for Suicidal/Homicidal Holy-Wars???Can you protect your loyal subjects???
d3z

Email
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 09:20:57 pm »

The technology for hydrogen fuel cells is here.  All we need is for filling stations to become as numerous as gas stations.  The middle east can return back to their 9th century ways once the money stops flowing in.

I'm curious where you got this idea?  Numerous problems, including storage, have not been solved satisfactorily.

All this aside, there is still the main problem with most people's understanding of hydrogen as fuel.  Hydrogen is not a source of energy, at least not on the earth.  Almost all of our hydrogen is already tighly bound with other atoms.  To use it as a fuel, energy must be put in.  It isn't all that much different that a battery, except less convenient to store.  Currently, the best ways to make it are either from fossil fuels directly, or using electricity (most of which is produced from fossil fuel).

Given that hydrogen is so difficult to store, it is probably better to use something such as compressed natural gas.  Natural gas can be synthesized nearly as easily as hydrogen, making it a reasonable energy store.  Plus, it is much easier to work with.

The US would have to more than double its electricity production capacity in order to produce enough hydrogen to run the automobiles in the country.  Unless these power plants were all nuclear, we would still be dependent on the same fossil fuels.
summer007

Email
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2004, 09:54:58 pm »

Yes, as soon as I read, "All we need is..." I knew the King was in trouble. Seems like a problem that could take 20 to 30 years to iron out. And forget elec cars they'd shut down the grids and they only go 90 to 94 miles before needing to be re-charged along with 5 to 7 months waiting lists,due to limited production and these are two seaters(leave the kids at home) Oh and Leases only at about 400 to 500 per month.  The Prius is probibly better running on gas and elec charged from the engine. Yet again a long waiting list. I've test driven the Prius.  Its not bad. Yet I'd probibly never lease. Also Mechanics have been electricuted by these types of cars. So alot of things are still in the works.Everyone seems to have some Grand Idea, but nothing happens. We are just as Dependent on the Muslim Oil Producing Countries as ever.  They know we'd try to take them over in a Heart-beat. Its all about the Oil or the Golden Rule...He who has the Gold makes the Rules!!!
Arthur
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2004, 11:11:21 pm »

http://www.fuelcellsworks.com/Supppage761.html

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/article_558.shtml

Earlier this year GM drove a H2 car 9,696 kilometers from Norway to Portugal.  The car can travel 300 miles without refueling.  Of course, they had to carry the fuel with them since there are no Hydrogen fueling stations, ergo my previous statement.  

In regards to the energy required to manufacture the hydrogen, yes I'd put up a lot more nuclear plants around the U.S.  The technology for nuclear energy has made tremendous advances and there's really no reason not to employ it other than for the ignorance-imposed negative stigma associated with it.

Arthur
Arthur
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2004, 11:24:41 pm »

A take-over just as I suspected! But what if they similtaniously blew-up all their gas stations here first? The way they've set the oil fields afire in the mid-east.  You know they're planning something. Also doing dry-runs and probes at all the major airports as reported 7/21/04 on CNN. Are you prepared for Suicidal/Homicidal Holy-Wars???Can you protect your loyal subjects???

Unlike the current government, I wouldn't let politcal correctness stop me from protecting our citizens from danger.  

Check out this article about one woman's experience on Northwest Airlines flight #327 from Detroit to Los Angeles.  It's highly alarming!

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711

and the followup article
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=716

14 middle eastern men board the airplane and make frequent visits to the airplane bathroom in succession, communicate with each other in arabic, congregate in small groups--and they're not arrested?!  

They're not arrested because the airplane companies are afraid of being sued, because the trial lawyers (such as VP running mate Edwards) are drunk on their own power and have never been stopped from gaining millions of dollars by breaking the backs of companies over ridiculous charges.  

I would put a stop to that, and any group of middle-eastern men boarding a plane would be detained.  Similar for any other possible act of terrorism.  In the 1940's after Pearl Harbor was bombed, Japaneese were put in concentration camps in California.  Today, the children of those who did it condemn their fathers for racism, etc.  But I say that wasn't such a bad idea.  We're at war, if some people get uncomfortable in the process of ensuring the saftey of the nation, too bad.

Arthur
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2004, 12:25:15 am »

Oh, King, live forever!

Have you heard about the "L" that operates in the Chicago area? It is run by electricity and gets
the job done for many, many commuters. You could extend the lines out to the far suburbs of
any metropolis.

I also believe that Commonwealth Edison, the company responsible for electricity in the Midwest,
is more dependent on nuclear energy than fossil fuel. I'll check and let you know how we progressive
Midwesterners are handling the situation and get back to you.

WARB Corp. Captain
summer007

Email
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2004, 12:35:19 am »

Arthur, Thanks thats the Story I was referring too. I had walked in in the middle of the broadcast so I missed alot of it. Amazing it seems they could have easily overpowered the plane and any Air-Marshalls aboard. With all the discrimation regulations it no wonder they think Americans are so Stupid. They know these Terrorists are around they are trained to blend in, have families, dress American,etc. Its interesting when the one guy walks by and says NO..as his finger glides across the mans neck..technical difficulty? maybe. They're around. Remember the Egyptian flight the Pilot yelling Allah as it crashed. that was a suicide flight. I'm less than 10 miles from LAX. So in essence they're in the Neighborhood hey. Just blending in until they strike and they will.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: