AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 01:24:25 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest Warrior  (Read 32466 times)
Arthur
« on: March 28, 2003, 11:40:22 pm »

www.protestwarrior.com

go to protest gallery

« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 11:44:19 pm by Arthur » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 12:47:59 am »

Gee I grew up hearing all the time that Russia had and  was going to use their weapons of mass destruction against us. I wonder why we didn't invade? Oil Well I guess we'll never know?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 12:48:35 am by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 12:57:24 am »

Frank:  Well, friends the "Shock and Awe" we were promised has yet to arrive, What do you think Joe?

Joe: "You got me Frank, But rumors have it that Saddam is injured!"  

Frank:  Yes, but we don't think it is a carear ending injury!

Joe:"Yes the first half has been pretty much a disapointment who knows will the allies deliver what we were hoping for next week?"

Frank:  We pause for a station break!  "This Saturday night catch reality T.V. with "Joe Millionaire!" and don't miss this weeks History Channel special,  "Lives of the Debauched Romans"  Now back to the show!

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 01:22:16 am »

That sign below shows it all: "Saddam only kills his own people, it's none of our business". What a bunch of garbage!! Of course it's our business---or is mankind only limited to the U.S.A.?? The U.S. and Great Britain are the only two countries who still remember 9-11 and what and where terrorism is. It IS our business to deal with terrorists, ESPECIALLY terrorists who kill their own people.

"Oh Saddam will never use weapons of mass destruction, what are we so worried about him for?" Well, as I remember it on 9-11-2001 a person just as ruthless as Saddam Hussein had his henchmen fly 737's into the World Trade Center. Have we forgotten so soon?Huh This isn't about oil--this is about the safety of the world's people--we in the USA were hit dramatically by someone just as mad as Saddam Hussein is. Have you forgotten the 3000+ victims??

They had to stop the Fireworks at Euro-Disney in France by the way. The other night when the fireworks went off 5000 french troops at a nearby military facility surrendered.

--Joe

editor
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 01:32:53 am »

Hi David

Don't let these facts get in the way of your war opinions but:

Nato was formed in order to combat the communist threat.  We had thousands of Nukes pointed at the USSR, in order to contain the threat of communism.  They tried to deploy missiles in Cuba, in order to threaten us.

The money and force arrayed against the USSR makes what we are doing in Iraq look like an ROTC exercise.

One of the main reasons we are invading Iraq is to avoid another cold war scenario, and this one with a much more unstable and hostile area of the world.

Again, don't let the facts flavor your opinion on this.  As a history teacher, you of all people understand that no one ever pays any attention to history.

On a lighter note:

How many Frenchman does it take to defend France?

Answer: I don't know, it's never been tried before.

Post war Political map of Iraq:

"I envision three democratic states:  Mobil, Texaco, and Chevron."  the last one is a Brent Tr0ckman original.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 01:38:48 am »

Arthur---

By the way, I do understand that that sign was made as an "anti-anti-war protest. But the sign shows the thinking
of so many protestors.  thanks for the post.

--Joe
Arthur
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 01:46:27 am »

They had to stop the Fireworks at Euro-Disney in France by the way. The other night when the fireworks went off 5000 french troops at a nearby military facility surrendered.

--Joe

LOL!   Grin

There was an article in Time which mentioned that French president Chirac wanted to give tips to Bush on how to surrender.  

www.sgtstrkyer.com
www.blogsofwar.com
Arthur
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 01:48:48 am »

On a lighter note:

How many Frenchman does it take to defend France?

Answer: I don't know, it's never been tried before.

Hehe! Grin
Arthur
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 01:50:27 am »

« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 01:53:12 am by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 01:51:35 am »

« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 01:52:20 am by Arthur » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 03:11:26 am »

Yes, IRAQ is a real present danger to the U.S. No 1. Their Islamic teachings condone violence whereas the teachings of Jesus don't!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 03:13:15 am by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2003, 03:17:29 am »

"Overcome evil with good"  How ironic I noted this verse above this thread!  My friend Ran Bates registered himself as a consciencious objector during the Vietnam war.  His convictions as a Christian lead him to do so.  He spent 4 years working in the conservation core as an alternative to fighting.  Do you think he was wrong?  The teachings of Christ seem to have a lot to say about 'turning the other cheek!" Yet I find that for the most part Christians are opting for an Old Test view on war!?  This really seems to me a serious controdiction.  Arn't you people suppose to be "Heavenly Minded?" My cousin Harold Fesperman volunteered to fight in Vietnam.  He was killed at 18 years of age.  Why?  What was he doing there?  What did we acomplish there?  Today his mother longs for his company and still nurses her broken heart.  I wonder if there really is a real and present danger with IRAQ?  2o years from now will the people who have lost their sons think it was worth invading?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 03:43:59 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2003, 03:38:00 am »

This one is too funny!

http://www.funforwards.com/flash/september02/saddam.swf

it has sound too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 03:39:06 am by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2003, 03:48:02 am »

Iraqi command uses gas station map.  lol

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_032703/content/eib_extra_2.guest.html
Arthur
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2003, 03:59:41 am »

One of the "human sheilds" in Iraq changes his mind when he finds out that people would rather die than be under Saddam's oppression (oppression--meaning, for example, having some people executed by putting them in a plastic shredder feet first for a slow painful death.):

http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.shtml?a=2003/3/24/95147

wacco comments from a senator's wife:
http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/3/27/121227
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 04:03:32 am by Arthur » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: