AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 05:14:44 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Tom and Dave read words that others can't see  (Read 29380 times)
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 08:30:05 am »

This looks like a self pity post to me.  In one breath you say "I am sorry" and in the next you say "It is amazing that you are complaining about me inconvenience you".  Make up your mind.

What you are doing on the WP thread, having a discussion with MarkC, is good.  The rest is questionable.

Marcia

This is not self pity, this anger.  You are the ones who are doing the complaining. Not every one is telling me to knock it off.

People have written to tell me what I have posted have helped them.

If you want the right to post the way you do, doesnt the same courtsey should be extended to me. To post the way I want to.
If this includes verses, devotional, what the Lord has done to encourage. Then what it to it.
By complains on the subjects I post. These are the ones I am being send, I find them wonderful and I want to share them.

If I dont like what you post I ignore it and continue on.

I believe there is room on this board for all kinds of postings and submission and personalities.

I will let you post what you want, all I am asking is the same rights.
Yes I used the word RIGHTS.

IT SEEMS THAT YOU WANT TO POST WHAT YOU WANT, ANY WAY YOU WANT, YET WHEN SOMEONE POSTS DIFFERENT. OH NO, THIS DOES SUIT.
LETS TALK ABOUT IT, GET HER MAD, THEN WHEN SHE RESPONSE TO THE NEGATIVITY.
LETS KICK HER SOME MORE.

THIS IS NOT SUPPORTIVE OR ENCOURAGING.

THIS IS TO LET YOU KNOW. AS LONG AS ONE PERSON IS ENCOURAGED BY BIBLE VERSES, BIBLE DEVOTIONALS, TOPICS OF BIBLICAL & TOPIC OF JESUS AND THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTIAN WALK. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR OPINION IS OR NOT.
ONLY JESUS CAN JUDGE THE HEART.

I KNOW I AM A CHILD OF CHRIST AND NO ONE , CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN, BECAUSE JESUS IS ADVOCATING AT THE THRONE OF GOD FOR ME, AGAINST ALL ACCUSATIONS.

THIS IS MY VOICING ON THIS TOPIC.

I ALSO READ THE 10 RECENT LIST, AND ALOT OF TIMES I HAVE TO GO TO THE TOPIC TO GET TO THE AREA OF INTEREST FOR ME.

SO WHAT. IT IS NOT AN INCONVENIENCE FOR ME.
IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE BIT MORE EFFORT AND TIME ON MY PART.

MAYBE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF THIS THREAD,
WHY TOM AND DAVE READ WORDS THAT OTHERS CANT SEE ?

In my opinion, may be they can see by being intimate with the Holy Spirit, and listening to the Holy spirit of what God is telling them , talking to them in their hearts.
Maybe they can see because God is allowing them to see, what is beyond the words that are being written.
I have not developed that skill yet. I hope as I avail myself to God's teaching I will be blessed with that gift as well.

I am amazed at Christians condemning another Christian for sharing things of God.
I am really amazed at this. Questioning things of God that is being share. And Questioning the condition of another Christian heart and motives.
I am really amazed , I am really amazed.

You know what has just cross my mind: THE HEARTS OF MANY WILL GROW COLD.

Well it is almost 12 midnight.

See you next LORD'S DAY.

Lenore
M2
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 08:35:59 am »

This is not self pity, this anger.  You are the ones who are doing the complaining. Not every one is telling me to knock it off.

People have written to tell me what I have posted have helped them.

If you want the right to post the way you do, doesnt the same courtsey should be extended to me. To post the way I want to.
If this includes verses, devotional, what the Lord has done to encourage. Then what it to it.
By complains on the subjects I post. These are the ones I am being send, I find them wonderful and I want to share them.

If I dont like what you post I ignore it and continue on.

I believe there is room on this board for all kinds of postings and submission and personalities.

I will let you post what you want, all I am asking is the same rights.
Yes I used the word RIGHTS.

IT SEEMS THAT YOU WANT TO POST WHAT YOU WANT, ANY WAY YOU WANT, YET WHEN SOMEONE POSTS DIFFERENT. OH NO, THIS DOES SUIT.
LETS TALK ABOUT IT, GET HER MAD, THEN WHEN SHE RESPONSE TO THE NEGATIVITY.
LETS KICK HER SOME MORE.

THIS IS NOT SUPPORTIVE OR ENCOURAGING.

THIS IS TO LET YOU KNOW. AS LONG AS ONE PERSON IS ENCOURAGED BY BIBLE VERSES, BIBLE DEVOTIONALS, TOPICS OF BIBLICAL & TOPIC OF JESUS AND THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTIAN WALK. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR OPINION IS OR NOT.
ONLY JESUS CAN JUDGE THE HEART.

I KNOW I AM A CHILD OF CHRIST AND NO ONE , CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN, BECAUSE JESUS IS ADVOCATING AT THE THRONE OF GOD FOR ME, AGAINST ALL ACCUSATIONS.

THIS IS MY VOICING ON THIS TOPIC.

I ALSO READ THE 10 RECENT LIST, AND ALOT OF TIMES I HAVE TO GO TO THE TOPIC TO GET TO THE AREA OF INTEREST FOR ME.

SO WHAT. IT IS NOT AN INCONVENIENCE FOR ME.
IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE BIT MORE EFFORT AND TIME ON MY PART.

In my opinion, may be they can see by being intimate with the Holy Spirit, and listening to the Holy spirit of what God is telling them , talking to them in their hearts.
Maybe they can see because God is allowing them to see, what is beyond the words that are being written.
I have not developed that skill yet. I hope as I avail myself to God's teaching I will be blessed with that gift as well.

I am amazed at Christians condemning another Christian for sharing things of God.
I am really amazed at this. Questioning things of God that is being share. And Questioning the condition of another Christian heart and motives.
I am really amazed , I am really amazed.

You know what has just cross my mind: THE HEARTS OF MANY WILL GROW COLD.

Well it is almost 12 midnight.

See you next LORD'S DAY.

Lenore

Your response is not supportive nor encouraging to me.  I am really amazed at how condemning it is.  Neither is it tender hearted.  It looks more like a temper tantrum.

You said, "People have written to tell me what I have posted have helped them."

Then email your thoughts to them.  There is a way to work this out, if you are inclined to do so.

WOW!!!

Marcia
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 08:52:39 am by Marcia » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 02:43:46 pm »

I am sorry if I have inconvenience people, by posting posts to encourage people.
It is not with malice or trying to get your goat.
It is to encourage people only.

I am sorry that I am a topic of conversation again.

Does it really take that much effort to go to the topic of interest to get the conversation.
As you have notice I am only posting about once a week now.

I am sorry if I step on you 'RIGHTS' toes and made it really uneasy for you to get right to the conversation.

It is amazing that you are complaining about me inconvenience you, that you have failed to notice about the source and topic of most of those posts of encouragement.
It is the Lord's Day isnt it. So the topic of verses, devotionals, etc that reflect my life in Christ, is an inconvenience to you.

Well I am sorry for inconvenience you.

Lenore

Hi Lenore:
A few quick points as to a friend.
It is not about inconvenience.
It is very much about BB etiquette and these are things we all have to learn.
Did you know for example that posting in caps is the verbal equivalent of shouting?
While one may actually want to shout once in a while, few will listen to someone who does it all the time.
The thing that makes a BB interesting is that it is a place of exchange.
No one is interested in listening (reading) to a lengthy monologue with little or no opportunity for response and/or comment.
 Unfortuntely, this is exactly what happens when you make posts of the length that you generally do, and in such rapid succession. It completely disrupts the flow of BB conversation and frankly has the opposite effect of the one you intended, which as you indicate, is to encourage others.
Please do not be offended that the matter is being raised again as it was mentioned to you previously and you apparently have chosen to ignore the effect the practice has on other BB participants.
May I suggest that you shorten your attempts at encouragement a bit, and try to avoid posting more than two or three items at a time. This will make what you post easier to digest, and will not have the effect of your most recent posts disproportionately dominating the recent posts lists.
It is simply a matter of consideration for your fellow posters.  Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:12:59 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 05:17:30 pm »

Hi Lenore:
A few quick points as to a friend.
It is not about inconvenience.
It is very much about BB etiquette and these are things we all have to learn.
Did you know for example that posting in caps is the verbal equivalent of shouting?
While one may actually want to shout once in a while, few will listen to someone who does it all the time.
The thing that makes a BB interesting is that it is a place of exchange.
No one is interested in listening (reading) to a lenghty monologue with little or no opportunity for response and/or comment.
 Unfortuntely, this is exactly what happens when you make posts of the length that you generally do, and in such rapid succession. It completely disrupts the flow of BB conversation and frankly has the opposite effect of the one you intended, which as you indicate, is to encourage others.
Please do not be offended that the matter is being raised again as it was mentioned to you previously and you apparently have chosen to ignore the effect the practice has on other BB participants.
May I suggest that you shorten you attempts at encouragement a bit, and try to avoid posting more than two or three items at a time. This will make what you post easier to digest, and will not have the effect of your most recent posts disporportionately dominating the recent posts lists.
It is simply a matter of consideration for your fellow posters.  Smiley
Verne

When Lenore first signed on to the BB, she used caps exclusively.  I, and maybe another, informed her via an email that caps meant she was shouting.  At that point she changed her posting style.  So, yes, Lenore knows that caps means shouting.  She was reason able with then, but has changed her tune since.

IMO some of what she posts is unnecessary and only takes up database storage space.  Like the long lists of verses e.g.  I am encouraged that Lenore has renewed her family connections, but I knew that anyway, from knowing her personally and from what she has posted here before.  I don't find her other accounting of her other activities, to the detail she accounts them, necessary.

Her false spirituality becomes quite evident when she makes all those long posts of how the Lod is encouraging her and how she is trusting the Lord, and then she spews out garbage when she gets angry.

This is written in response to Verne's post since Lenore said she would not be posting till next Sunday.

Marcia

P.S. see www.assemblyboard.com/index.php?topic=697.msg24783#msg24783 for Stephen Fortescue's excellent post on this topic and the discussion that followed.

Marcia
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:53:50 pm by Marcia » Logged
editor
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 06:37:16 pm »

Quote from: tenderhearted on August 07, 2005, 08:30:05 pm

WOW!!!

Marcia

This could explain it.  Normally, Tom is quick to jump on someone saying things like this.  How much you wanna bet he ignores this one?  (Your posts get erased, Marcia)

OH, LENORE, I THINK YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR WAY TO DEVELOPING THIS SKILL, AND HAVE DEVELOPED MANY OTHERS THAT ARE JUST AS AMAZING.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:39:12 pm by Brent T » Logged
M2
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 07:35:24 pm »

This could explain it.  Normally, Tom is quick to jump on someone saying things like this.  How much you wanna bet he ignores this one?  (Your posts get erased, Marcia)

OH, LENORE, I THINK YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR WAY TO DEVELOPING THIS SKILL, AND HAVE DEVELOPED MANY OTHERS THAT ARE JUST AS AMAZING.

Brent,

Welcome Back!

Have you seen the NHL commercials?  They're using the "Welcome Back Kotter" song to promote the NHL comeback.  Wish I could play the tune here for you.

Brent, I believe that you and Elijah have a lot in common.  Any common ancestry there? Smiley

Anyway, I will be surprised if Tom does not respond to that heresy.  But then most people only skim Lenore's long post and may have missed that point.  I happened to read it because she was 'reacting' to my post.

Marcia
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 07:55:04 pm by Marcia » Logged
skeptic
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 12:52:38 am »

Brent,

Welcome Back!

Have you seen the NHL commercials?  They're using the "Welcome Back Kotter" song to promote the NHL comeback.  Wish I could play the tune here for you.

Brent, I believe that you and Elijah have a lot in common. Any common ancestry there? Smiley

Anyway, I will be surprised if Tom does not respond to that heresy.  But then most people only skim Lenore's long post and may have missed that point.  I happened to read it because she was 'reacting' to my post.

Marcia

Wisdom dicates that we learn and abide by the unspoken rules of decency and post-Assembly recovery.  According to these rules, there are several things we should not say:

Lenore should be allowed to post in whatever manner she wishes, without judgement, condemnation or criticism.  We shouldn't say anything about it.

As for me, I should be sharply rebuked for things I did not say, the moment I type a sentence.

It's only fair. God simply LOVES an imbalanced scale.  Prov. 34:124

Never speak plainly and openly about a person who is accepted, if that person is saying or doing something irritating.

Always trash and then ignore people who are not accepted.  The response of the moderator will teach you who is, and who is not accepted.  Remember these are unwritten, unspoken rules.

People who we perceive as needy and weak are valuable, because they allow us to teach and have influence over them easily.  Anything and everything should be tolerated and praised, if said by such a person.  Never speak the plain truth to someone like this.  Never attempt to shake them loose from their self-deception.  It isn't done.

Any person of influence should never admit a mistake.

There are more, but these serve as a good foundation. 

S'sS

vernecarty
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 01:08:57 am »

Wisdom dicates that we learn and abide by the unspoken rules of decency and post-Assembly recovery.  According to these rules, there are several things we should not say:

Lenore should be allowed to post in whatever manner she wishes, without judgement, condemnation or criticism.  We shouldn't say anything about it.

As for me, I should be sharply rebuked for things I did not say, the moment I type a sentence.

It's only fair. God simply LOVES an imbalanced scale.  Prov. 34:124

Never speak plainly and openly about a person who is accepted, if that person is saying or doing something irritating.

Always trash and then ignore people who are not accepted.  The response of the moderator will teach you who is, and who is not accepted.  Remember these are unwritten, unspoken rules.

People who we perceive as needy and weak are valuable, because they allow us to teach and have influence over them easily.  Anything and everything should be tolerated and praised, if said by such a person.  Never speak the plain truth to someone like this.  Never attempt to shake them loose from their self-deception.  It isn't done.

Any person of influence should never admit a mistake.

There are more, but these serve as a good foundation. 

S'sS

This is fairly serious business. At the risk of appearing to take myself too seriously let me weigh in with this.
The first time I came onto the BB and saw that all ten most recent posts were Lenore's I was a bit taken aback.
The natural assumption would have been that this was either an incredibly egotistical person entirely lacking in any self-restraint whatsoever, or someone a bit unstable. I assumed neither. I reasoned that Lenore simply did not realise that this violated generally accepted rules of BB etiquette and that this was probably because she was never told any differently.
I e-mailed both moderators and suggested they talk to her about her posting habits.
Tom advised me to simply scroll through her posts and that if I tried it,  I might like it, or something to that effect.

His meaning was clear - pretend the problem did not exist.

Mark's assesment was that Lenore was too fragile to be corrected.

My astonishment knew no bounds at these responses and I found them quite revealing indeed.
I asked myself the question:
"Would I silently allow someone to continue doing something that I was convinced made them look foolish in the eyes of other observers?
My answer? No, not if I cared anything about them.
I therefore e-mailed Lenore and gently told her that I thought what she was doing was inappropriate and why.
This was several mionths ago.
I am still convinced that if either one of the moderators had talked to her about this we would not be having this conversation. This is one instance in which moderatorship ( as well as all forms of leadership) is worth its weight in gold.
Verne

p.s Some of you know why I am doing this. This is the long and short of what happened with George Geftakys and his legacy. Believe it!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 05:30:29 am by VerneCarty » Logged
skeptic
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 01:38:00 am »

This is fairly serious business. At the risk of appearing to take myself too seriously let me weigh in with this.
The first time I came onto the BB and saw that all ten most recent posts were Lenore's I was a bit taken aback.
The natural assumption would have been that this was either an incredibly egotistical person entirely lacking in any self-restraint whatsoever, or someone a bit unstable. I assumed neither. I reasoned that Lenore simply did not realise that this violated generally accepted rules of BB etiquette and that this was probably because she was never told any differently.
I e-mailed both moderators and suggested they talk to her about her posting habits.
Tom advised me to simply scroll through her posts and that if I tried it. i might like it, or something to that effect.

His meaning was clear - pretend the problem did not exist.

Mark's assesmemt was that Lenore was too fragile to be corrected.

My astonishment knew no bounds at these responses and I found them quite revealing indeed.
I asked myself the question:
"Would I silently allow someone to continue doing something that I was convinced made them look foolish in the eyes of other observers?
My answer? No, not if I cared anything about them.
I therfore e-mailed Lenore and gently told her that I thought what she was doing was inappropriate and why.
This was several mionths ago.
I am still convinced that if either one of the moderators had talked to her about this we would not be having this conversation. This is one instance in which moderatorship ( as well as all forms of leadership) is worth its weight in gold.
Verne

p.s Some of you know why I am doing this. This is the long and short of what happened with George Geftakys and his legacy. Believe it!

Verne, both repsonses were in keeping with the sick set of standards that has infected this board.

I'm sure you also deduced that these are the same character flaws that made Tom and Dave especially ineffective at stopping GG for all those years, and after they each left the Assembly. 

Lenore has been told many times about her posting habits.  She doesn't like being corrected, or told what to do, in case you haven't noticed.  She also thinks she is really spiritual, especially compared to others.

The reason the moderators haven't done anything is because they believe Lenore to be a substandard person, not capable of behaving in a decent, socially acceptable manner.  She isn't smart enough, and is too fragile...in other words, she is incapable of learning.  At least that's what they think.   Dave Sable even likened her to a "retarded kid,"  hence, the toleration of her obnoxious posting. 

They aren't concerned about her to the point where they will tell her the truth, which really means they despise her.  It's like medicating a boisterous sixth grade boy,  in order to get him to behave more like a girl.  It's easier to do that than to do practice tough (real) love.

They may have used some "gentle" communication with her, but it is obvious that she doesn't listen to that! 

Come to think of it, Tom doesn't respond to gentle communication either.

It has to do with one's perception of oneself, and our whacky ideas about love and decency.

S'sS

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 01:51:06 am by skeptic » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 08:27:14 am »

Dear SS and Others,

With my metal cap and aluminum eye shield firmly in place I still discover that all my attempts to moderate "the dreaded" Lenore debacle remain ineffective.  I would like to take this moment to tender my resigination as "Global Moderator," with all it's glorious perks.

Though SS and Verne suggest a tougher police man on this block is the answer (maybe they are right, as I still refuse to drink the warm prune juice) I hereby,as an official Global Moderator of dubius distinction,am willilng to pass the torch of the testimony to SS or Verne, or whomever has the perfect balance of wisdom to make this BB a utopian community.

I must admit Sceptic's appearance on the scene sent David M. to mingle with his former Worker atheist friends, and maybe a heavy dose of sarcasm will do us all a great deal of good.

I say all this without accepting the sweeping generalizations about how the moderators operate on this BB--- meaning I doubt even Skeptic's shielded thoughts can provide a view into the motives of why Tom, Mark, and Dave (the last not being in the special annointed class of moderator at all) "always" say and act the way that they do.  I will deeply ponder the insight that I, as a Moderator, wish to keep Lenore weak so that I can "teach and influence her."

However, it cannot be denied that Skeptic and Verne are correct that Lenore is involved in very "serious" breaches of "etiquette" that are very harmful to her soul.  Making Long and numerous devotional posts with reams of scriptures in them is certainly (helmet on securely and eyes covered with shield) ----- Annoying?  Yes, that's the great wickedness---- it bothers me!!!!

I thought Verne's attempts to address his concerns with Lenore were very courteous and good advice; and I told her so.  However, as usual my great influence over her had little affect.  I thought Marcia's suggestions re. how Lenore had a conversation with me on WP was very sound as well.

Oh well, I suppose a totally utopian and fully mind shielded community awaits the annointing of a truly efficient, effective, and balanced Moderator who will be able to make this BB what it really should be. 

This Moderator would be able to abolish all annoying posters, and catch them before they could even get started (we could have a chain, like a prayer chain, and call it The Watchtower.  24/7 we could make sure and keep up with those crossing the line of good BB manners, and with our powers of persuassion get them to be all that they can be!

No more posting what we don't want and----- BTW,we better sit down with our helmets on and a big warm glass of prune juice before we decide what will be acceptable posting.  Well, the new Moderator will tell us what to say, how to say it, and even if our motives are in proper order while making our contribution.

Hip-hip-horray for the new BB with the new and improved moderators!!!  I can hardly wait for the ushering in of the new age of Aquarius;right here where only mediocrity and deadness has reigned for so long!!!!

God bless the new Moderator, Mark C.

(He/she will need it)

M2
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 09:53:39 am »

Hi Mark,

Interesting post.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Are you ticked off, joking, serious ... Huh

The ideal would be to have a change in the moderators rather than a change of moderators.  None of us is beyond the need for growth and change, eventhough we have learned some valuable post assembly lessons.  It would be unfortunate if we only go so far and then get stuck in another rut of sorts.

The point was being made that there is a double standard, and that good discussions often get sidetracked.

What is obvious is that the approach you used did not produce the needed change in Lenore re. BB etiquette.

You said, "However, it cannot be denied that Skeptic and Verne are correct that Lenore is involved in very "serious" breaches of "etiquette" that are very harmful to her soul."

I'm not sure of the tone here.  Seems cynical if anything.
The BP (big picture) is that Lenore loves an environment where she receives support and encouragement.  The moment someone touches on a need for change she cannot receive it.  Her spirituality is false, and that is harmful.

You also said, "Making Long and numerous devotional posts with reams of scriptures in them is certainly (helmet on securely and eyes covered with shield) ----- Annoying?  Yes, that's the great wickedness---- it bothers me!!!!"

I failed mind reading 101 hence I'm not sure if you are being cynical or are actually bothered by it.

And you said, "Well, the new Moderator will tell us what to say, how to say it, and even if our motives are in proper order while making our contribution."

Kind of like when skeptic was accused of slander eh??

Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 04:03:27 pm »

Dear SS and Others,

I thought Verne's attempts to address his concerns with Lenore were very courteous and good advice; and I told her so.  However, as usual my great influence over her had little affect. 

God bless the new Moderator, Mark C.

(He/she will need it)

In my opinion, you have done a generally very good job as moderator Mark. Your resignation in NOT accepted!  Smiley
A few quick points.
Power without restraint is terrifying - the bull in a china shop syndrome.
Authority without power is pathetic.
If as the moderator you had politely asked Lenore not to make ten posts in a row, the next time she did it you simply delete an appropriate number of them. It's that simple my friend. She would get the message.
No rancor, no hard feelings, no condemnation; you properly excercise your authority for that is why you have it!
Verne
p.s. in the two years or so I have been on the BB, there have been probably two or three occasions in which I thought moderator intervention was needed. I myself have benefited from a timely correction or two... Smiley
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 04:18:41 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 04:44:08 pm »

Hello Verne and Marcia!

I must attribute whatever I said in the last post to my wearing of my approved head and eye shield, thus I employed only pure reason and truth in my studied post.

As to "changing the way the Moderator operates vs. changing the Moderator:"   

I disagree.  If we can only find the right person to moderate they will be able to take all the different personalities, with all their different points of view, and mold them into completely rational and productive members of the BB.

SKeptic seems to fit the bill here better than anyone that I can think of.   Why, it is obvious the present Moderators will never be able to clearly discriminate between who should be able to post, how much, or how long.

As an example:  We've had very rude and dominating contributors, wacko atheist/liberal posters, false mystic posters, malacious lying wolves holding forth, former members now wanting to pursue same sex partners, and now the pinnacle of destructive evil----- the long and boring poster!

Tom deleted one or two of the wacko liberal's rantings, I believe, but it took the sarcasm of Skeptic to finally convince the errant soul to flee to his leftist friends elsewhere.  It isn't just deletion of posts that did the trick, because that just made him mad;  no, it was a special gift that used anonymous ridicule and like an arrow expertly aimed it found it's mark!

Even on my best day, and with helmet and eye shield on, I still try to "believe the best" about participants, and trust that most people can see where these different people are coming from.  The world is filled with the above and it's a good idea if we can learn how to answer their views vs. as a Moderator just hitting the delete button.

So you see, my perspective is too weak and we need to elect a new Uberman who can control the mass of humanity vs. allowing a too tolerant BB where all this nonsense is allowed to continue.

Slander you say Marcia?  Certainly not!  It was perfectly just to suggest that the Moderators of this BB wish to keep Lenore weak so that we can teach and influence her.  Skeptic knows what goes on in the hearts and minds of Tom and myself, it is apparent in how we have handled this whole situation!!   

God Bless,  Mark C.
M2
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2005, 05:50:17 pm »

Hi Mark,

We've got a number of issues now on this thread:

1. what started all of this is that Tom accused skeptic of slander and then did not apologize when he discovered otherwise.  Come to think of it I cannot remember that Tom has ever felt a need to apologize.  I've read apologies from you, Brent, Verne, Margaret, etc.  but I cannot remember reading one from Tom.  But then maybe Tom is above reproach and his education has shown him the truth and it is us that need to spologize to him for not seeing the wisdom of his thoughts.

2. When Tom accused skeptic of slander, skeptic retorted with a high dose of sarcasm.  DaveS and I have discussed how it comes to this in another discussion see: www.assemblyboard.com/index.php?topic=995.msg26256#msg26256

3. The fact that Tom often breezes on with some related good point, but only succeeds in sidetracking the discussion, as demonstrated with where we are now.

4. The fact that your subtle gentle approach, though necessary at times, does not make it abundantly clear what your opinion truly is.  Almost like you are afraid to state your true opinion for all to see and thus end up offending a poor lost soul.  The effect, better that the lost soul remains lost, than you state the truth about the matter clearly.  This is not to say that you are not clear in stating your opinion on other matters.

5. When spared was on board declaring her use of the welfare system, she was driven off.  It was easier to do that with an annonymous poster than with someone like Lenore.  Not that the point is to drive people off.  But IMO it is hypocritical to take an annon to task about the very matter that a regular is all about.  People are afraid to point out to Lenore her false doctrines just because she is Lenore.  Maybe they know she will fly off into a temper tantrum. Undecided

6. Changing moderators only avoids the existing problem and does not solve it.  And besides, why would any of us want to be on the hot seat eh?? Wink

Marcia

PS.  You have stated you ire at skeptic quite clearly, so that's actually a good thing.  Not sure why you do not state your ire at other posters.  Maybe I have forgotten those occasions.

MM
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 05:55:19 pm by Marcia » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2005, 06:14:02 pm »

Hello Verne and Marcia!

As an example:  We've had very rude and dominating contributors, wacko atheist/liberal posters, false mystic posters, malacious lying wolves holding forth, former members now wanting to pursue same sex partners, and now the pinnacle of destructive evil----- the long and boring poster!

God Bless,  Mark C.

It seems to me that while true, these observations are not relevant to the issue.
There has not been a single other poster on this BB who has taken the extraordinary action of making ten posts in a row, not even the most passionate of posters among us. In fact I have never ever seen even five posts in a row by any past poster!
This is abberrant in the extreme.
The logical person to deal with that kind of profusion on a BB is the moderator and they should.
The issue is not one of content or of motive, it is one of order versus chaos.
While it is true that the moderator should be all but invisible, there are a few instances in which their invovlement in the process is absolutely necessary to prevent complete chaos. Any poster in the habit opf repeatedly holding the ten most recent posts is in my view one such instance.
Verne

p.s. Marcia contrary to the discussion being side-tracked as you suggest, I think this topic is even more vital and relevant than the original. I think a fatal misunderstanding of what constitutes the proper and improper use of authority is the key to seeing how the men around Geftakys failed. If I find the time, I am thinking about starting a thread on the subject.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 08:54:47 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: