New Info on David Geftakys

(1/11) > >>

editor:
This is from an "Online Philipina Dating service."

name:            David Edward Geftakys
email:           ( Email address withheld for privacy )
Subject:         Just wanted to thank u for ur site.

Date:            Monday, July 04, 2005
Time:            09:39:18 AM

I was looking for a good way to send support to my fiancé in Bohol in the Philippines. we have known each other for nearly 1 yr now and I took a semester out of school to go visit and get to know her. Her name is Edna. We will not b married till I graduate in 2 1/2 years. I am a cadet officer candidate at the California Maritime Academy. It seems like forever! I was brought to tears as I looked at ur pics, read and listened. How familiar it all is.

Thanks so much. I would love to hear from u and am sure u have many emails such as mine to respond to. Thanks again. 

Here is the link
http://www.thedavisplace.com/guestbook/view.htm

I don't know what to think about this, other than David seems to be doing what so many single men his age have done.....gotten a bride from the Philipines.

He also seems to have changed his stance of Divorce and Re-marriage.  He was quite emphatic about a person not being free to re-marry, under any circumstances, when their 'ex was still alive.  In fact, I remember this being a VERY big deal for many divorced singles in the Assembly.  I wonder what changed his views?

Brent

Going back into my shell barring any other strange news

outdeep:
First thought:  Part of me is skeptical because it seems so odd to me that someone would use the full name (especially with such an ususal last name) on something like this knowing that it would be quickly picked up on search engines.  On the other hand, it certainly seems in keeping with David's brazenness in other areas.

Second thought:  He is worried about supporting this new young girl after he was finished trashing his first wife?   ???  One can only marvel at the extent to which he continues to become an even great jerk than that which we formerlly could imagined.

M2:
Quote from: Brent T on August 03, 2005, 04:10:58 am

This is from an "Online Philipina Dating service."

name:            David Edward Geftakys
email:           ( Email address withheld for privacy )
Subject:         Just wanted to thank u for ur site.

Date:            Monday, July 04, 2005
Time:            09:39:18 AM

I was looking for a good way to send support to my fiancé in Bohol in the Philippines. we have known each other for nearly 1 yr now and I took a semester out of school to go visit and get to know her. Her name is Edna. We will not b married till I graduate in 2 1/2 years. I am a cadet officer candidate at the California Maritime Academy. It seems like forever! I was brought to tears as I looked at ur pics, read and listened. How familiar it all is.

Thanks so much. I would love to hear from u and am sure u have many emails such as mine to respond to. Thanks again. 

Here is the link
http://www.thedavisplace.com/guestbook/view.htm

I don't know what to think about this, other than David seems to be doing what so many single men his age have done.....gotten a bride from the Philipines.

He also seems to have changed his stance of Divorce and Re-marriage.  He was quite emphatic about a person not being free to re-marry, under any circumstances, when their 'ex was still alive.  In fact, I remember this being a VERY big deal for many divorced singles in the Assembly.  I wonder what changed his views?

Brent

Going back into my shell barring any other strange news

A little over 2 months since your last posting.  Doing good Brent.

I only hope the woman does a Google search on David Geftakys, before she decides whether or not to hitch up with him.  But then maybe life in America would be far better than what she now has.

It is truly hypocritical that leaders cannot practice what they preached.

What a mess.
I was reading the 'grief and loss' and the PB articles referenced on GA.com.  Pretty amazing how aberrant Christian groups can mess up their members' lives.

Marcia

moonflower2:
Quote from: Marcia on August 03, 2005, 09:55:39 am

I only hope the woman does a Google search on David Geftakys, before she decides whether or not to hitch up with him.  But then maybe life in America would be far better than what she now has.

It is truly hypocritical that leaders cannot practice what they preached.

What a mess.
I was reading the 'grief and loss' and the PB articles referenced on GA.com.  Pretty amazing how aberrant Christian groups can mess up their members' lives.

Marcia

Regardless of what type of religious group they belong to, abusive males exhibit the same patterns of behavior.

M2:
Quote from: moonflower on August 03, 2005, 05:07:08 pm

Regardless of what type of religious group they belong to, abusive males exhibit the same patterns of behavior.

You are correct, Moonie.  I suppose abuse is related to upbringing.

The mess is in knowing that he is abusive and has a documented history of abuse, and to then make a decision to pursue marriage with an innocent, possibly ignorant of the facts, woman.  Also, in having messed up the possiblities of marriage for many divorced singles while in the assembly, to now do exactly what he emphatically preached against without a public statement of repentance and apology.

The sad thing is when I see singles still "married" to the assembly and messing up their chances of marriage, because they have been so indoctrinated by these leaders. :P :'( >:D

Marcia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page