AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 10:20:22 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: St Louis, "77 - "79 Remember me?  (Read 18034 times)
thomasson

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 11:19:29 pm »

Uncle Buck you could always go to the Bible Study.  They still have those in Forest Park.  And they are open to the public.
thomasson

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 11:25:07 pm »

What's an interfaith meeting?

Marcia

Maybe Ms. Thomasson is away on vacation, or maybe she is simply not going to reply to my question, or maybe...

Anyway it does seem strange that formers would be invited to an interfaith meeting.  Is that like Christian and non-Christian?  or is it Christian and assembly?  The concept of an interfaith meeting is foreign to me.

You know it is so easy to take what we possess and form it into something familiar and call it our god, yet it is still a false god.  The Israelites did it with their golden calf, and Moses blasted them for it big time.

(I "fixed" it for you.  Thomas Maddux, moderator)

Marcia:

I am not sure what you are talking about when you say,"it is so easy to take what we possess........." I think I mentioned in my original post that I went to a different church as was no longer a member of the assembly.  The original topic of this post had to do with what do you do when you miss the friendships that you made in the assembly.  I was simply stating that I sometimes go to meetings to fellowship with old friends.  How is that making a false god out of anything?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 12:46:13 am by Tom Maddux » Logged
M2
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 01:21:25 am »

Marcia:

I am not sure what you are talking about when you say,"it is so easy to take what we possess........." I think I mentioned in my original post that I went to a different church as was no longer a member of the assembly.  The original topic of this post had to do with what do you do when you miss the friendships that you made in the assembly.  I was simply stating that I sometimes go to meetings to fellowship with old friends.  How is that making a false god out of anything?

The comment I made was not about you and your choice to stay connected.

Marcia
thomasson

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 02:08:56 am »

The comment I made was not about you and your choice to stay connected.

Marcia

Oh okay.  I am just responding so that I can show off my picture. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: