AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 04:01:42 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY  (Read 10341 times)
tenderhearted

Email
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:46:50 pm »

June 19th HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS ON BB.

Today at church, the children performed a song , written by two of our ladies for father's day.

Lenore

This was one the back of our bulletin:

Our kids have a special musical number to honour their fathers today. Besides being a tribute for some of the things their dads do for them, it is also a challenge as it reminds our fathers of their God given responsibilities to demonstrate their faith to their children.

FATHER'S DAY TRIBUTE AND CHALLENGE
Written: Words and Lyrics by:  Carol Ann Toman
                                           Lisa Donald

Verse 1:

God the Father wants me to know
How He loves and cares for me
Dad please help me to understand
All about my heavenly Father

CHORUS:
Daddy show me who God really is
His love for me let me see through you
His strength and wisdom and protection too
I need to see these things in you.

Verse 2
Thank you Daddy that you take the time
To play with me and make me laugh
I see that you want to be with me
And I see how God delights in me

Verse 3
Thank you Daddy that you  help me learn
About gravity and the golden rule
And about God's only way
To live with HIm in Heav'n someday.
grown up
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 07:04:03 am »

Thank You Lenore
Mark Kisla
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:25:49 am »

I too thank you Lenore....good song
Robb Middleton
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 10:37:37 am »

Lenore,
Again, with the encouragement! (lol)  Thanks again for your gifts of care and concern and well timed passing encouragement that can only be a gift from the ultimate Father.  May God bless you and keep you...May he make his face shine upon you........

God Bless
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 01:03:16 am »

:)Father's Day is coming up in about a month:

Is there anyone who would like to make contributes to their father's whether it is their earthly father or HEAVENLY FATHER, or father figure that made a positive impact on your life.
A TRIBUTE TO FATHERS?
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 09:25:22 am »

Hi Lenore,

I have a few tidbits from my Dad that always stuck with me.

"You can always do a little bit more"

When listening to other folks getting criticized, he would take the "walk a mile in my shoes" stance.

The first tune played on my piano was "Jesus Saves" (We Have Heard the Joyful Sound) played by him for memory. It was the only hymn that he played, and he played it with full chords in each hand.

He never let us kids give up.

Moonflower
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:37:23 am by moonflower » Logged
marden
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:01 am »

This Fathers Day will be my first as a father. I am thankful to the the heavenly Father for his goodness and for blessing me with a wonderful wife and two beautiful children.

what stuck with me about my dad is his sacrifices for his children. He worked two jobs to make sure his family was taken care of. He is nearly 80 and chooses to work to this day.
Tony

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 08:34:28 am »

Hi Jay,

Father's Day is a great time to reflect  for me.   I was Baptized on FD 1994 and my own father was saved on FD the next year.   He passed away about a month later and we shared some awesome talks in that short time.   His illness was a blessing to both of us and really our whole family.   I witnessed three of my sisters become Christians and each of them spoke of my father's testimony as sort of a catalyst.   

My Perfect Father has never ceased to amaze me.

Have a great Father's Day Jay!

--Tony
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: