AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 11:07:44 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skeptics Only No Really this Time!  (Read 9423 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 18, 2005, 07:59:06 am »

O.K. since we have been given guidelines by Tom I guess it is safe to assume that now we will be able to post without interruption?  So I will start. If you use to believe and now no-longer believe please tell me what lead you to this decision? I can share many experiences and will from time to time in hopes of encouraging others to also. So here goes,  One reason I cannot believe is the fact that everyday I see other believers, not necessarily Christians, who believe also.  What I mean is I meet Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses etc...who are sincere, they are genuinely seeking God in the best/only way they know how. While I was a Christian I was taught that these people "are deceived". Yet these people are no better or worse than I was. In fact many were much more sincere and devoted to God in their religion than I was. Day after day, night after night the question would confound me, "If they are sincere, then why doesn't God show them the truth?"  "What if they are the ones that have the truth and it's me that is deceived?' The conclusions I came to were obvious, We all have a world-view!  We all have been taught that our world view is superior. In truth religious questions such as "Where did we come from and why are we here?" Are not as easily answered if at all, as the logical thinking mind wishes it to be. There really is no way of scientifically knowing how and why we are here. Yet mankind feels that he has to have an answer thus he creates one. For example, I enjoy caving. As always when I am a participant in a cave tour the guide will turn off the lights. This he/she explains evokes a strange phenomena of the mind. The darkness of the cave and the way the mind works combine into an example of "creating your own reality"  This happens when in the midst of a darkness so dark that you cannot see your own hand in front of your face, (in a cave that has no source of light available to it this is exactly what happens) your mind will create a hand!  Thus a caver will say, "I can see my own hand!"  "I can see a stalagmite right in front of me!" Yet when the tour guide turns on the lights, "Oh, I was wrong!" "there isn't any flow-stone there!"  This happens because our minds cannot accept the darkness!  Our minds must create something because they cannot accept nothing!  They cannot comprehend nothing so they must create something. This I believe is one explanation as to why men create religious systems. The real hard evidence has yet to be discovered or maybe never will. so we see that primitive cultures have a mythology, their mythology's sometimes look very similar to our own version of creation etc...  Now I must clarify that I do not believe that myths are necessarily good or bad.  It all depends on how they are used. But I will save that for another thread!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:13:46 am by David Mauldin » Logged
shinchy

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:57:25 am »

I'm back.

I hope people are really cool this time. The last time I was on this board, I got chased out with torches and pitchforks (not literally). One person did send me an apology by e-mail and I feel bad that I never replied. This BB was supposed to be a place of healing for people who had been through George Geftaky's little cult, but I found it to be a hostile environment because some people felt threatened by me, [Post altered by Thomas Maddux, Moderator]

SHIN,

On the "Skeptics Only" thread I posted the following:

"OK folks.   

I received an e-mail, (1), in which I was informed that the anonymous author "has a right" to chat about his issues.

Of course this raises the question of exactly who or what confers "rights" upon people in an non-believer's universe.  Or, for that matter, what is a "right"?

But go ahead and have at it.

I would ask two things of you:

1. Please observe common  standards of decency.

2. Please do not begin attacking the other folks on the board. 

Thomas Maddux"

In your first post you have already violated guideline number 2.   You have also come pretty close to violating number 1.

Biblical Christianity teaches that certain sexual practices are immoral.  Christians believe this as a matter of principle.  In the part of your post that I did not delete you are already accusing them of "feeling threatened by you".

Stop it.  Just don't go there.

Regarding number 1, which was a request that you "observe common standards of decency".  Most, if not all, of the people who post or read here consider sexual practices to be private.  Please keep yours private as well.

DAVID,

This is the third thread you have started under this topic.  Please confine this discussion to this thread, and do not start others on this topic.

Thank you,

Thomas Maddux

« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 12:49:02 pm by Tom Maddux » Logged
shinchy

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:01:30 pm »

In my defense, I did not attack anyone personally. I took steps not to use any innapropriate language. Given that, I have attempted to express my opinions as honestly as possible. Because my post was edited, my statements are not truly represented as mine. By altering my words, I have been silenced. My voice has effectively been taken by another. It is an abuse of power. Please leave my words intact. That is the only courtesy I ask.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 01:15:58 pm by Shin Evans » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:09:27 pm »

Shin Welcome!!!!   Another problem I have had with religion is the idea that a loving personal God is always with you and won't allow anything to happen to you that he hasn't ordained and will use for good. The  idea that God works all things for  good is a great way to explain many trials in the human experience. "I lost my job but then I got a better one!"  Yet thisdoesn't always work. Take the story of little Samantha Runion. Samantha was a precious little 5 years old girl in a community not far from where I work. 3 years ago a sick perveted guy kidnapped/raped/murdered her. The idea that Jesus just sat by and let this happen to her is sickening in itself. The truth is obvious. Samantha was on her own. She found herself in a nightmare. We at times are prone to the same. That is just the sad truth.
skeptic
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 10:35:36 pm »

My experience in the Assembly turned out to be a good thing.

Prior to getting involved my freshman year in college, I was a typical republican, Baptist, heterosexual.  I bought into the modern evangelical worldview pretty much 100 percent.

The fact that so much garbage went on in god's name in the Assembly caused me to re-think some things.  As a result there are things I don't believe in anymore.  Also, I really believe that we were brainwashed and controlled in the Assembly!  How could god allow that to happen?

Here is a link to something I no longer believe in, since leaving the Assembly.  Please check it out, and have an open mind.

http://zapatopi.net/belgium.html

Also, here is something that I haven't seen too many people talk about on the website here.  I don't see how a person can recover from mind-control without this, and each and every one of you should carefully follow the instructions on this website.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

So, I hope that this post encourages all the skeptics out there.  We have been lied to and controlled.  Let's take steps to recover.

Dave Mauldin, you are a brave person!  Good job in getting the pendulum to swing WAY over to the other side!  I honestly don't think you would have had the courage to start so many topics had you stayed in a mind controlled environment.  No doubt, if you were to get control of this BB, it would be completely different in short order.  I don't think people could handle that bro!

Also, regarding the ex-workers who want to post here, but can't....yet:  I think this is a strong condemnation of the judgemental spirit on the part of all but one of the posters on this BB.  Workers are the bravest, most ethical people around, with piercing discernment skills.  What I am saying is that workers don't put up with BS!  They see right through a ruse, or a phoney, and won't give them the time of day.  A hypocrite is easily spotted and exposed by a worker, especially a full-time worker.

If a courageous ex-worker is afraid to post here, then I can only conclude that the environment here is toxic beyond belief.  (Didn't fully comprehend this until I had my beanie on for 72 hours.  See above link.)

Skeptics are the smart ones, as I think  Dave and I have proven. 

Homosexual skeptics are to be held in even higher esteem, as they have sex.  That makes them special.

a skeptic's skeptic
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 11:35:26 pm »

Dearest Skeptic!!

What great info. you have provided for the benefit of former Assembly members.  I also urge all truly opened-minded individuals to read the links provided, as they are key to becoming an honest skeptic.

With out a doubt, homosexual ,liberal, and anti-religious skeptics inherently possess the best skills as practicing skeptics, with the possible exception of former full time workers from the Assembly.

Clear objective thought is most certainly in the sole possession of those who have a visceral hatred of anything Republican, hetero., or of those that have a faith grounded in the Bible.

It is the power of the above hatred that stokes the fire of great and free thinking souls:   Mao Tse Tung, Ho Chi Minh, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, and Joe's Hamster, offer a small sample of "free thinkers" that have sought to put down the religious oppression that narrow minded Baptist's have tried to foist upon us!!!! Angry

None of this did I realize until I put on my aluminum cap (as explained in "skeptic's" link) and afterward also could clearly embrace that Belgium was a myth.

It naturally followed that I could cleary see that former full time workers were of a higher spiritual/ethical class than almost all posters on this BB (Joe's hamster being the most wise in the above class, and if he is discovered to be homo. as well-------?

If God exists may he bless us,  Mark C.
skeptic
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 11:56:58 pm »

It's obvious that the beanie helps, and that it helps a lot.

After wearing the beanie for 72 hours, and covering my eyes with double thickness foil, (when not in use) I looked at the whole idea of God from the standpoint of logic, as it is taught in the public schools of Southern California.

There is more evidence for Belgium's existance, than for God.  I don't think anyone would argue against the veracity of this statement.  If a reader may not agree with this, use the beanie.

Just to prove my point, Belgium is seen on maps, has an airport, telephone service, etc.  All God has is a bunch of people cramming the idea of His existance down other people's throats.  Using creation, male/female, gravity, the precision of the celestial bodies, precession of the equinox, and the "obvious" conclusions brought about by those who foist the intelligent design theories on us, God has less evidence for His existance than Belgium does.

Yet, Belgium doesn't exist. 

Given that fact, logically, God doesn't exist, and he exists even less than Belgium does!

How any educated person could believe in God is beyond me.  Isn't it perfectly obvious that there is no God?  If there was, how can you explain George Geftakys? 

(I won't entertain the idea that stupid, naieve people were corrupted by him.  If we allow this false idea to take root in our thinking, we could conclude that perhaps stupid, naieve ex-followers of Geftakys are also WRONG AGAIN by concluding that the Christian idea of God is false.)

Here's the real reason that people avoid this BB.

http://ifaq.wap.org/computers/mrml.html

Mind control is being foisted upon us by even browsing the posts here.  Again, wear the beanie and learn the truth.

Dave Mauldin, you make more sense than you realize.

When you exagerrated and misrepresented your "conversation with Margaret," regarding Tom's fitness as a moderator, you were being set up.  You know that Margaret did, in fact say what she said, but when she logged on to the BB, the MRML got to her, and caused her to distort the facts.  Typical Christian dishonesty.  She won't wear a beanie, so she can't see it.

But we know better.

Keep it up Dave, you're winning the war.

a skeptic's skeptic
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 01:31:01 am »

...I really believe that we were brainwashed and controlled in the Assembly!  How could god allow that to happen?

...I don't see how a person can recover from mind-control without this, and each and every one of you should carefully follow the instructions on this (other) website.

...Also, regarding the ex-workers who want to post here, but can't....yet:  ...Workers are the bravest, most ethical people around, with piercing discernment skills.  What I am saying is that workers don't put up with BS!  They see right through a ruse, or a phoney, and won't give them the time of day.  A hypocrite is easily spotted and exposed by a worker, especially a full-time worker.

How any educated person could believe in God is beyond me.  Isn't it perfectly obvious that there is no God?  If there was, how can you explain George Geftakys? 

Folks,

Please forgive me, but I'm staggered by Skeptic's (il)logic:  George organized, set up, and ran the assemblies which Skeptic says (and I agree) exercised mind-control over his followers.  A significant part of his gestapo & SS troops were his dedicated (to him & his "vision") workers.  They were the ones who ratted out anyone who secretly doubted or disagreed with assembly policy and/or George's teachings.  How then are these double-dealers, who talk love & unity but practice assassination, the brave, ethical, BS-sniffing watchdogs of goodness that Skeptic make them out to be?

Skeptic and Dave M. do indeed prove something, but it is not at all what they wish it to be.

The beanie idea reminds me of my days of humanism & tolerance, when I ever-so-briefly considered honoring the sanctity of every living thing by never eating anything that had to be killed in order to become food.  I was going to wear a collander over my head when going to the grocery (to drown out the screams from the produce dept.) but never got around to it because I got hungry & there was nothing to eat except water & I was afraid it might have live bacteria in it. Shocked Roll Eyes

As to the "proof-of-God" angle, take a look at Psalms  53:1, 92:5-6 or Proverbs 10:8, 10; 11:29, 12:15, 14:16, 18:2, 6; 20:3, 26:11-12.

Inasmuch as skeptics are free to post anywhere on this board, there is no logical reason that Christians should be exempted from this or any other thread.  BBs are open forums, but each exists for a specific reason.  I will introduce another thread (under General Mayhem, for Dave M's benefit Wink) to discuss just what the present purpose of this board may be.

Meanwhile, please understand that no one is forced to read, post, or otherwise involve themselves with us here.  We are free to disagree with our moderators' techniques & practices, and we are free to simply go away.  Those who have renounced their faith in Christ are still free to participate within acceptable parameters, which we all observe or argue about, or turn our backs on...

Those who come here primarily to naysay Christ and His church intend to sow discord, to distract and detract, and to draw away any who are weak enough to buy into their spiel.  They are unhappy people, practicing the principle that "misery loves company," only too delighted to make our lives as empty, disappointing and purposeless as their own.  How do I know?  Well, I was once one of them, before I discovered the Grace of God through Christ.  They are brilliantly described by Peter in chapter 2 of his second epistle, vv.10-22. 

al
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 02:05:28 am »

...Workers are the bravest, most ethical people around, with piercing discernment skills.  What I am saying is that workers don't put up with BS!  They see right through a ruse, or a phoney, and won't give them the time of day.  A hypocrite is easily spotted and exposed by a worker, especially a full-time worker.

a skeptic's skeptic

The SS is joking, right?

If not, it appears that too much aluminum was absorbed from the S'sS hat and early Alzheimer's could be setting in. Don't think there is another name for it.

At this point, the only cure would be a hamster from Joe.
skeptic
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 03:33:00 am »

The SS is joking, right?

If not, it appears that too much aluminum was absorbed from the S'sS hat and early Alzheimer's could be setting in. Don't think there is another name for it.

At this point, the only cure would be a hamster from Joe.

If we ignore the "history" of George's excommunication, and the propoganda that surrounds it, we come to the realization that the full-time workers were the ones who exposed him, dealt with him, and cleared up the misundertanding that so many had about George.

The "history" of such events, presented on this website, are all given under the aegis of mind-control, hence the need for the beanie, in order to protect against psychotronic mind control.

The same people that say Belgium doesn't exist are saying that workers are in possession of piercing discernment.  After all, it was they who sat with George, under his teaching, year after year....who had it figured out, and then bravely stood against him and warned the rest.

The fact that these brave pioneers are afraid to post here says just how bad it is.....

Is the skeptic joking?

I suppose that if one is unclear about this, a double thick beanie should be contructed and employed at the soonest convenience.  Mark figured it out. 

Al is boldly standing against the skeptic.....you're all safe with his discernment skills.  Don't hold back Al, someone needs to take a stand, and Mark seems to have been sucked into the maelstrom.

Perhaps the point being made here has to do with absurdly faulty logic acting on false premises?  Wear the beanie, it helps a lot.

the skeptic's skeptic.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 05:47:05 am »

Hercule,

...guess it was my turn to get suckered Roll Eyes.   Good job Grin.   My regards to the hamster Kiss.

al Wink
M2
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 08:11:42 am »

I suppose that if one is unclear about this, a double thick beanie should be contructed and employed at the soonest convenience.  Mark figured it out. 
.... the skeptic's skeptic.

Oh skeptic's skeptic, you are wise above all other posters on this BB.  My hat's Smiley off to Moonie too for figuring you out.

I find that this BB is very addictive, and mind-control, well that's another story.  If only I was one of those "workers" and possesed those great discernment skills.  I really regret not pushing my way into the inner circle.  You know they say, "Don't cry over spilt milk", but I do, I do. Cry  I believe I need and extra thick beanie and another session with Skippy.  I really should not be posting on a skeptics thread because I'm a believer.  Pray for me brethren.

Marcia
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 08:52:04 am »

... My hat's Smiley off...

...I really regret not pushing my way into the inner circle.

Marcia

Sorry, Sis Cry, but you never could have got into the inner circle without a head-covering Undecided!

al Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: