AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 02:03:08 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: San Fransisco Seminar???  (Read 33687 times)
David Mauldin
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 12:22:54 am »

If I was raised Amish I might have a lot of anger and resentment towards the leaders but still would identify with the community. I guess that is what I am saying here. I don't think I could stand listening to all the "We are the chosen....You are among the English...."  garbage  But I still enjoy the quilts, food, Clydsdales, bundeling etc...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:29:45 am by David Mauldin » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 12:31:30 am »

Whatever Floats your Boat!
David Mauldin
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 12:34:26 am »

I entertain my wife quite often with stories about the Assembly...etc... She is not to keen on Eph 5 "...wives submit..."  but she likes the idea of consequences for leaving dirty dishes in the sink! She gave up on my sanity long time ago!         
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:37:25 am by David Mauldin » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 12:44:10 am »

Yes dishes in the sink is really one of the Highest Crimes and Misdeamers...How many times are you going to change your posts?Huh
David Mauldin
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 01:07:10 am »

Can't I have just a minute to edit them???
summer007

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 01:17:33 am »

Please by all means take your time. It's just I saw your Hoffemyer Twins post with 3 devil horns. Then it was gone , too riskay for the board huh?
David Mauldin
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 01:25:16 am »

"Hostettler Sisters"  What do you kow about "BUNDELING?" 
summer007

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 01:34:53 am »

Ok I was a little off. I know nothing about "Bundeling" and I really don't like the sound of it. Could it be a strange Amish court-ship custum? Kind of Creepy!
David Mauldin
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 02:15:55 am »

When an Amish young man is courting he often has travel a long distance by buggy. Thus he has to spend the night at the home of the young woman (In her bed!) Shocked Shocked. So, yust to make sure that no ya ya Wink Wink is goin on then they do vat's called bundeling!  They vear lots of clothes! Ya! dis will stop the devil!!!

http://www.amish.net/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 02:18:50 am by David Mauldin » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 03:03:42 am »

What no Guest rooms? It's my understanding the Mennonites had a branch brake off that became the Plymouth Brethren, not so stricked, which became The Brethren from which another branch brakes off which is GG and the Assm sect. Check the History! Summer.
David Mauldin
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 03:59:32 am »

I don't think you have it right.  The "Bretheren in Christ" are the outermost rung of the Amish. I attended one of these churches. It was the same as any E.V.Free church etc.The Plymouth were not associated with these people. Plymouth Bretheren were an offshoot of the Anglican Church! Can you believe it!  When you think about the emphasis on "The Lord's Cup" it makes sense!  In many ways the "Breaking of Bread" is just another version of mass. As I think I see it J. N. Darby was just the same as George. He was a meglamaniac. Always fitting his theology to ensure he had the pre-eminence. See the "Church in Ruin" doctrine.
just me

Email
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 07:19:56 am »

Hey Dave:
I sure like your posts.  I considered you one of my best friends back when.  You gave me the best Birthday Present I ever received.  If you want to pm me you may.

I got an email from someone in WLA recently who is still in.  They are working on VBS, teen team and other activities this summer.  I have spoken to this person about their involvement but, her husband being the head of the home ......wanting eternal good for their family.........blah, blah blah.  Her child is visiting Tom Lessaris' child in Champaign for a while (sick) etc. etc.  Sounds like the same old thing.  I don't think the system is dying one bit.  No one is using their brain, thinking independently, or acting scripturally at all.  This poor woman has a zillion kids, lives in poverty in LA, has a degree, refuses to use her brain because of "the headship" blah, blah, blah.  More cultlike than ever.

me
vernecarty
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 07:35:59 am »

Hey Dave:
I sure like your posts.  I considered you one of my best friends back when.  You gave me the best Birthday Present I ever received.  If you want to pm me you may.

I got an email from someone in WLA recently who is still in.  They are working on VBS, teen team and other activities this summer.  I have spoken to this person about their involvement but, her husband being the head of the home ......wanting eternal good for their family.........blah, blah blah.  Her child is visiting Tom Lessaris' child in Champaign for a while (sick) etc. etc.  Sounds like the same old thing.  I don't think the system is dying one bit.  No one is using their brain, thinking independently, or acting scripturally at all.  This poor woman has a zillion kids, lives in poverty in LA, has a degree, refuses to use her brain because of "the headship" blah, blah, blah.  More cultlike than ever.

me

As I said, these folks are going nowhere. Why should the rest of us?
The folks still involved are probably beyond help. The key is to keep others form ever thinking these people are normal.
Verne
p.s  I wonder how long before Lessares moves to L.A. His attempts at assembly making in Champaign will most likely meet with dismal failure. I will do my best to see to it. Last I heard he and his boys were alternating "bringing ministry" What a clown... Huh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:40:21 am by VerneCarty » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 07:40:15 am »

Must have been a gift I made?Huh A Hymn book cover?  Leather???  What does pm mean? My wife and I ran into Brent Hindegartd? (Spelling) at Sea World last summer. From what he said it sounded like it was pretty much no more Seminars and No more All day sunday and No more visting other assemblies. So I pretty much wrote them off. But not so???!!!   Amazing!!!!???  Boy I wish I knew who you were?Huh  The family you described sounded like Bill Bradbury.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 09:09:32 am by David Mauldin » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2005, 02:06:45 pm »

Verne, this brother gave me some advise which I heeded for the most part and helped me to "move on".  What do you think eh?

Marcia

Sounds like wise counsel to me Marcia... Smiley
Verne
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: