AssemblyBoard
April 30, 2024, 09:01:17 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone really ever get beyond "their issues?"  (Read 45199 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2005, 05:22:41 am »

I was really looking forward to the explanation of the “blood of circumcision” and the “blood of annointing” but I guess I will have to remain in the dark for a while longer.
I wanted to try and shed a bit more light on the remarks I earlier made about transparency.
You cannot talk about overcoming besetting sin, which results from growth in grace and learning what it means to walk in the Spirit, and neglect the critical role of the Word of God.
Both blood and water flowed out of the side of the crucified Christ. We all know that water is a type of the Spirit. The instrument the Spirit of God uses is the Word of God.
I believe the blood of Christ cleanses us judicially but that the Spirit uses the Word to cleanse us practically:

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

If someone claims to be victorious over their sin, and also claims to be neglectful of the Scriptures, I would simply ask:

“How do you know?”

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:(mirror)
 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

If you neglect the Word of God, your walk in the Spirit I suspect to be unsteady at best.

2 Corinthians 3 compares the ministry of the law under Moses, and the ministry of the gospel of grace as found in Christ Jesus.

One was written on stone.
The other on the fleshy tablets of the heart.
One was a ministry of veiled and subsequently fading glory.
The other of unveiled and increasing and surpassing glory.

There is no more common error among Christians than than to confuse these two.

But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Verne
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 05:49:27 am by VerneCarty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: