AssemblyBoard
June 13, 2024, 03:02:43 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Events  (Read 108314 times)
enchilada
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2005, 10:18:36 am »

Hi Dan,
What is you opinion of  using Precast concrete foundation walls in a home building application ?
Thanks

That's an interesting idea.  It'll work structurally, but I'd recommend calling Verne up and give him a lot of cash in advance without a contract, then wait for him to build it for you with the styrofoam blocks.  I get 10%.  Good luck.
Dan
vernecarty
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2005, 04:49:52 pm »

That's an interesting idea.  It'll work structurally, but I'd recommend calling Verne up and give him a lot of cash in advance without a contract, then wait for him to build it for you with the styrofoam blocks.  I get 10%.  Good luck.
Dan

What a brilliant idea!!  Smiley
Verne
CAGirl

Email
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2005, 05:51:55 am »

I don’t know if this is the place to post it but I guess it is as good as any. I found this site where you can “adopt a deployed solder and send him letters and care packages. I just thought it was so cool and the more people I could turn on to it the better. I have a solder and it is so cool to feel that I am helping even if it’s just a little bit.

http://www.soldiersangels.homestead.com/
editor
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2005, 10:32:26 am »

Here is an interesting article put out by the Cato Institute.  They are a Libertarian think tank.

Read it and see what hippies they are.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/ssps/ssp32.pdf

Brent
BAT

Email
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2005, 09:22:58 pm »

INteresting article,

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050517-122418-5719r.htm
vernecarty
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2005, 04:51:24 pm »

If you have not heard about H5N1, commonly known as the Avian Influenza Virus, you may want to do some reading about it. Most health experts predict that it has the potential tp precipitate the world's most horrific pandemic ever, far outstripping even AIDS in its devastation. Speaking of AIDS, it is interesting how the media has been all but ignoring its accelerating rate of worldwide infection.
The reference in Matthew 24 to pestilences is literally strange diseases.
I know over the centuries, folk have pointed to all sorts of reasons for expecting the Lord's imminent return, but few have cited this as a compelling sign. This particular virus is terrifying and its lethality probably rivals ebola. The places that it is likely to break loose are the least equipped to contain it. It is mutating at a scary rate, and once it perfects a vector for human to human transmission, there is going to be hell to pay...check it out...
Verne
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 06:29:51 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2005, 09:35:40 pm »

Verne, I'll check that out. I read a book on Ebola a few years back really interesting I think it started in the Congo. I watched a show last night that went over the unpresedented events of 2004 in order a map of the world with every Volcano, Hurricane Tornado, Flood, Drought, Eathquake, Pestilance and then a run of locusts in Africa from aug-nov they are 4 inches long a pinkish red color and they destroy food crops, the man doing the show was in Israel in Nov when a part of the swarn came through from the African destruction and he said they'd never seen anything like it and immediately got out the crop-dusting planes to prevent damage. Then he ends the last catastrophy with the Tsumami. And as he goes over the charts you can see the Earth is in Travail. I find it interesting the Aids epedemic is being swept under the rug, but that's Politics and Money in action!  Summer.
summer007

Email
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2005, 10:04:43 pm »

I just wanted to add this person on the show I think it was Carl Baugh ? states he's not a Gloom and Doom preacher at all, but he states the Earthquake that triggered the Tsunami shifted the earths plates to such an extreme we have yet to see the repercussions of what will transpire. Also I remember an Aids package of 3.5 billion for Africa being discussed it would provide medicine over a five year period, but with the Famine and the food wars re: think "Black-Hawk Down" I think it was dropped ? it may of seemed futile to give the meds when most of them were starving anyway does anyone know what happened ?  Summer. p.s. Get Ready!
Oscar

Email
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2005, 10:56:16 pm »

Summer,

Carl Baugh is a man who passes himself off as having several Ph.d's in various sciences.  He attacks science regularly as an advocate of recent creationism.  Outlandish claims are his stock in trade.

He naturally has attracted the ire of real scientists.  They jokingly refer to him as "Dr. Dr. Dr. Carl Baugh" in recognition of his multiple "degrees".

The problem is that his degrees seem to have been granted by a university that exists only in an office in a Baptist church somewhere in Australia.

Blessings,

Thomas Maddux
summer007

Email
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2005, 11:09:42 pm »

Thanks Tom. That was the first time I watched the whole show usually he is talking about Creationism, and things for Evolutionists, and Atheists. His charts looked pretty good. Summer.
M2
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2005, 09:50:10 pm »

Hi All,

6 weeks ago we admitted my Dad to hospital because he was absolutely frail.  We thought that possibly he needed re-hab from his recent car accident in March.  It turned out that he had some form of bone marrow cancer, and passed away a week ago today, the funeral being this past Friday.  The trips to and from Toronto were frequent but I was able to skim and post on AB while I was there.

I feel that though my Dad, and Mum, suffered in his last days, that suffering led to them making peace with each other and with God.  So I am am comfortable with that outcome.
The miracle of it all is that all of us 7 kids had never been together since my wedding almost 27 years ago.  In his death my Dad has succeeded in bringing healing and togetherness to the family, something he was unable to do in the past, though he did try.

This is just FYI, since we have been BB pals for the past 2 years.

Marcia
Margaret

Email
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2005, 12:11:55 am »

Marcia, I am sorry to hear of your loss. You've been missed on the boards.  --Margaret
Tony

Email
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2005, 08:13:37 pm »

Hello Marcia,

Sorry to hear about your father's passing.   I am glad to hear that you and your siblings came together and had an opportunity to mend fences or whatever else you had to do.   My father's death in 1995 had the same affect on my siblings.
   I pray that you receive other blessings and encouragements in the near future.

--Tony
summer007

Email
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2005, 11:27:09 pm »

Marcia, My heart felt Sympathies to you and your Family. Is'nt it something how a funeral brings people together? Weddings too! Well I hope you stay close and have many more reunions.  God Bless Summer. p.s. Yes we've all kind of been bb pals these past 2 years well 1.5 for me anyway.  Ecc 3: To every thing there is a season,and to every purpose under heaven: A time to be born and a time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; Atime to kill and a time to heal; atime to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep and a time laugh: a time to mourn and atime to dance. A time to keep silent and a time to speak.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2005, 12:45:50 am »

Marcia----

Sorry to hear about your father. My condolences. But I'm glad to hear about your family
all getting together again. When my father passed away in 1997 the same thing happened--
all of us got together after not seeing one another for a few years. As Summer stated below,
weddings and funerals have a way of bringing everyone together.

God bless you,  Joe
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: