AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:51:10 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Louis assembly and people  (Read 21192 times)
Kirkman

Email
« on: September 24, 2004, 09:57:45 pm »

Can anyone tell me what happened in the St. Louis assembly after the fallout of George's excommunication? Are they still meeting? Did they disband?

Also, I'm trying to find information about the following people, who I met through the UMSL Bible study:

Danny Edwards
Rudy Dodorico
Daniel Grant (He married Jen Dodorico, I believe, and had moved to Chicago to study chemistry)
Donnie Mcguire (he is from Nebraska and married a girl named Deb)
Richard Starr (and his children Dina, David, and Dara)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 10:04:28 pm by Josh Renaud » Logged
outdeep

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 12:01:17 am »

Can anyone tell me what happened in the St. Louis assembly after the fallout of George's excommunication? Are they still meeting? Did they disband?

Also, I'm trying to find information about the following people, who I met through the UMSL Bible study:

Danny Edwards
Rudy Dodorico
Daniel Grant (He married Jen Dodorico, I believe, and had moved to Chicago to study chemistry)

Danny Edwards registered on this board with this e-mail:  
tosetfree@sbcglobal.net

I assume he is yet in the San Luis Obispo, CA area, but I really don't know.  You might look up Joe and Loretta Dearman in Floressant, MO.  They may have more details about the assembly out there.  I believe Joe is registered on this board as well.

---------------------------------------

Side note:   I knew Danny Edwards since 1978-1979 when he was a young student down in Huntington Beach area.  He led the Bible Study once or twice at Orange Coast College.  He had just come out of being a seik (sp?) and eastern mysticysm.  He was "sold out for Jesus" as we would say back then.  I think his seriousness and intensity was a real asset to the Assembly.  It caught George's eye and he became a rising star, moving into George's house and being sent various places in the work.

He did seemed to have a real honest side as well which served him well when things began to fall apart.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 12:01:59 am »

Joe Dearman is : jdld8898@yahoo.com according to his profile.
M2
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 02:39:16 am »

Danny Edwards
Rudy Dodorico

St. Louis has disbanded

DannyE in SLO (disbanded)

Rudy D in STL (disbanded)

Daniel Grant married Jen D and lives in Chicago and may be attending the Chicago assembly, but I do not know for sure.

Donnie McGuire married Deb Lovic.  I think that they still live in Omaha (disbanded) but I do not know for sure.

The D Starr family:
Danielle married, lives in STL.
Dina married Josh Dinakaran and lives in Ottawa(my locality).  Has 3 kids. Still attending the Ottawa assembly; see
http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Reflections/ContinuingAssemblies.htm for more info.
Dara in STL
David university student in STL (I think)

Josh Dodorico is Gus Dodorico's son.

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 05:49:15 am »

Danny Edwards
Rudy Dodorico

Danny Edwards registered on this board with this e-mail:  
tosetfree@sbcglobal.net

I assume he is yet in the San Luis Obispo, CA area, but I really don't know.  You might look up Joe and Loretta Dearman in Floressant, MO.  They may have more details about the assembly out there.  I believe Joe is registered on this board as well.

---------------------------------------

Side note:   I knew Danny Edwards since 1978-1979 when he was a young student down in Huntington Beach area.  He led the Bible Study once or twice at Orange Coast College.  He had just come out of being a seik (sp?) and eastern mysticysm.  He was "sold out for Jesus" as we would say back then.  I think his seriousness and intensity was a real asset to the Assembly.  It caught George's eye and he became a rising star, moving into George's house and being sent various places in the work.

He did seemed to have a real honest side as well which served him well when things began to fall apart.

I believe that Danny was a very honest, genuine and real man. He didn't leave the impression that he was into anything for his own glory or for money. I think that G.G. found a real Christian man in Danny, just like he did in a couple of the other brothers, and of course, used Danny and others for his own purposes.
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 08:50:11 am »

Danny Edwards, last I heard, is in San Luis Obispo with his family.
Elizabeth

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 08:50:11 am »

Hi,

As you can guess, I'm new to this board. Actually, I don't do the online message board thing very much, so I hope I don't make any gaffes.

I was involved with the St. Louis assembly about 20 years ago, first as an UMSL student with the bible study. I moved with my family to Colorado a little over a year later, so I did not become more involved, but when I was stationed in North Carolina, I visited the assembly in Washington, D.C., since I knew the Kruses from St. Louis. And I happened to move to San Diego just as the ministry was beginning there but moved again before getting more involved (actually, the story is a little more complicated than that, but I'll leave it for now). I think the couple we knew there were Perry and Elaine, and they had a young daughter. Not sure those are correct names. I came back to St. Louis, but I was definitely not in the frame of mind to attend the assembly in St. Louis.

It looks like there is at least one poster on this site that I knew when he was a baby. Nothing better than that to make me feel old.

I ran into Roger Hommes last weekend, and I talked to Ray Kruse at George Mason University in 1994. Other than that, haven't seen anyone else from St. Louis. By the way, I went by Beth at that time, so no one will remember me as Elizabeth.

I can't say I had any terrible experiences with the assembly, but they set the standard so high that I never found another church that I thought measured up. But the story of my personal spiritual journey is more than I want to share at this point other than to say that my most recent and longest sojourn was with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).

Elizabeth Jones

Nowyn

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 01:44:01 am »

Rudy Dodorico is still in St. Louis and currently go to a Baptist church if I remember correctly, I dont pay too close attention to my uncle. Jennifer Dodorico is married to Daniel Grant and living in Chicago, Hannah, Becca and Liz still live in St. Louis.  Their three boys, Isaac, Caleb and Jesse still live at home.

Gus Dodorico is also still in St. Louis, lives near Rudy, my cousins come over all the time. Josh Dodorico lives in Florida with his wife and new daughter.

Paul and Debby Martin, going to a Baptist church near their house.

I havent heard from Bruce, Jerry R., Ken T. so I dont know what they are doing now even though I know they are in and around St. Louis still.

Jerry Starr and family moved to Illinois somewhere.

Dick and Debby Starr live in St. Louis, their daughter Danielle is married and still in St. Louis. Dina is married and living in Ottawa, Dara and David are both still in St. Louis and unmarried by all last counts.

Dan Sjogren lives in my basement and hogs my bandwith.

Luke Martin is married and living with his wife in St. Louis, Abby Martin is also married, no idea where she is.

I'm not sure on the others. Its not like I keep in real close touch with people.
jstarr

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 04:06:32 am »

Jerry, Linda, Jonathan Starr living 7 miles north of Litchfield, Illinois on Hickory Ridge Farm. We had a new arrival 2 weeks ago named Adam (see pic). Jessica and Kayla Starr are living in Litchfield, Illinois and doing well. April (Starr) Babor is living in Chesterfield, Mo. with her husband Joe and children Andrew and Abigail. Lisa (Starr) Funderburg is living with her husband Jason in Ferguson, Mo. We love visitors and hearing from the saints. We are attending Pleasant Hill Christian Church but we are wanting more, we miss what we enjoyed for 20 years with the saints in St. Louis. Lord bless, Jerry Starr.
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:16:56 am »

Your goat is so cute. David says his name is "Adam". David had a spectacular, stupendous, out-of-this-world time last weekend with you all. Thanks so much, and God bless you. And I do hope that you find a church that has the fellowship you desire, as in the old days. Love you,
                                                                                             Jean Harris
bjh
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 06:52:48 am »

I guess I'll add my two cents to this one...
First, Josh, if you're still reading this.  "Hello Again"  (sorry, couldn't resist, but as you know, PRMW too)

Don't know if you remember meeting Daniel (Harrison) Buss, but he and his wife are at Emmaus Bible Chapel in Ferguson, MO.

Gus Dodorico was also at Emmaus for a while.

The last I've heard from the others was back when Mike Pasatieri married Danielle Starr, but that's been a couple years ago.
marden
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 07:35:29 am »

Hi;

I dont know if Josh reads here but welcome to the board.

I remember Gus Dodorico from my visits to the assembly in Stl. I have been wondering how some of those fro Stl area have been.

j
VPG100

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 10:09:33 am »

Hello St. Louis Disbanded Assembly Members,

It has been over 3 years since I have been active in this blog. Wow, time moves faster as you grow older. I was a young 20 year old when I started meeting with the saints in Bel-Nor. Then I was working for the Cardinal Baseball team. I quit working for the team in 1987 to move to Fullerton Cry and be involved in campus ministry. I moved back into Jerry and Tina's home after that to finish my degree at UM St. Louis and continue the campus bible study with my bud, Joe Babor. I am still in touch with Joe. I read the posts of saints I have not seen in decades and it seems like last week to be honest.

Josh Renaud- I did not know you in my assembly days, but I think I know you now. I have a golfing bud of mine who attends Grace Church with me. I have suspicion this is your dad- please confirm or deny. One of these days I will beat him in a round of golf Grin. I would like to meet you and talk over common friends we have from the UM St. Louis campus bible study. It sounds like that is how you know some of the folks from the assembly. I go to Grace regularly. Joe knows how to reach me. I am even posting on his blog now as well. I would like to meet you soon.

Hello to everyone else in cyberspace I have seen on this post- Steve Harris et al, JStarr, Beth Jones, Dave Sable, and many more. What a neat way to connect. Let me list some more from my eighties tenure- Michelle S (married now) and Cindy and Heather; Toni and Ken Fuller, Kristi S, Christry Lenz, Gary Lowe, Bruce and Karen, Jerry and Tina (plus big fam), DStarr's et al, Mike and Angie Kamp, Scott Shy and fam, Linda S, Paul and Debby Martin & fam, Roger H, Ken and Nancy & fam, Bud, Cheryl & fam, Rich, Carlene et al, Carl Elmore and Carol & fam; Gus & boys, Rudy Carol et al.

Who else am I insulting by leaving them out Huh? Fill in the blanks- Remember, I am asking during my tenure- 1984-1994- and I am not asking about someone who visited for 2 meetings. I mean who was at the ANOP, who was at the Tuesday prayer meeting; who was at the TAPE Meeting  Shocked! Who went door to door on Sunday? Who did not have a T.V. stashed in their closet (Debby Starr, you know who I am talking too Wink), who never went to an R rated movie, who did not have a Christmas tree or exchange gifts (man, why did I ever give that one up!) Shocked

I ran into Mark Kisla on the golf course this fall. I guess this is my new ministry. No really- I head up the Grace Golf Club at Grace. We have a men's league. It is a great way to reach people with a like passion.

Enough for now- I want someone to read this post so I better stop rambling. Write back to swap stories. God Bless- Vince Galati
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 01:39:19 am by VPG100 » Logged
marden
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 05:14:27 am »

Hey Vince,

Welcome back, what about the canoe trips back then? Maybe others will have some stories but anyway most of the names you mention I recognize.

ps how bout those Cardinals anyway!
VPG100

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 10:47:16 am »

I see you enjoy your anonymity on this board- good luck with that Jay- Great to fellowship with you too. Unfortunately, I don't know who you are. Maybe you prefer it that way. VPG

P.S.- I won't block any messages you may want to send me.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: