AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 11:42:12 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOW ME THE MONEY  (Read 26352 times)
Heide

Email
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2003, 07:37:41 pm »

Hey Pat,

Supposedly they are down in Riverside. Another small gathering that likes the wisdom of hearing GG. Mike Almundsen (sounds like but is probably spelled wrong!) came up and helped them move.

The real estate company was called and although could not tell us exactly how much the house sold for, did say it went in the $600,000. range. So many thanks to everyone who put so much effort into that house! You helped GG out ALOT!
Yes, that is sarcasm....

Heide
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2003, 09:01:33 am »

Hey Pat,

Supposedly they are down in Riverside. Another small gathering that likes the wisdom of hearing GG. Mike Almundsen (sounds like but is probably spelled wrong!) came up and helped them move.

It is "Mike Almonzor" (again, probably not spelled correctly, but at least this is the pronunciation.)
psalm51

Email
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2003, 10:23:30 am »

Hey Pat,

It is "Mike Almonzor" (again, probably not spelled correctly, but at least this is the pronunciation.)
I can't help but feel sorry for Janine Almanzor.  Cry Cry Cry
Oscar

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2003, 10:51:00 am »

Hi all,

Since George and Betty are both past 55 they can shelter, I believe, $500,000 from taxes.

Thomas Maddux
psalm51

Email
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2003, 07:33:40 pm »

Hi all,

Since George and Betty are both past 55 they can shelter, I believe, $500,000 from taxes.

Thomas Maddux
disgusting Embarrassed Embarrassed
Arthur
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2003, 10:57:25 pm »

Hi all,

Thomas Maddux
disgusting Embarrassed Embarrassed

Still better than the IRS getting it.  hehe Grin
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2003, 11:03:34 pm »

Actually,  I'd rather see the IRS get the money than to see the G's enjoy it.  If there's anyone who can track down money it's the IRS.  I hope the IRS sends some Tommy Lee Jones-type agent to get all over their backs.

Jack
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2003, 12:41:35 am »

Has the IRS been notified?  If not what is the process? As far as I'm concerned, the whole Geftakys family can eat scraps off of the street for the rest of their lives.
curiously looking

Email
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2003, 12:42:31 am »

Well, maybe somebody should report them.  If the internet can help bring down his empire, leading to him selling his beloved house and fleeing across county lines to Riverside, it could easily do the same with a quick visit to www.irs.gov and point/click at the "report tax fraud" button.  Just a thought... Cheesy
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2003, 12:49:53 am »

Well, maybe somebody should report them.  If the internet can help bring down his empire, leading to him selling his beloved house and fleeing across county lines to Riverside, it could easily do the same with a quick visit to www.irs.gov and point/click at the "report tax fraud" button.  Just a thought... Cheesy

Im on it...I was looking at the  IRS site earlier, but somehow missed the fraud section.  We will see what happens.
danf

Email
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2003, 12:58:18 am »

It looks like a little more is involved than visiting the internet to report tax cheats.   It's nice that GG sold his house so that he has come cash laying around to reimburse Caesar that which he should have rendered over the past 20+ years.  The interest alone would probably put Willie Nelson back into bankruptcy.  Here's some info I downloaded from the IRS's website if anybody with useful information about GG's alleged fraud would like to see him pay up:

Where Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect tax fraud or know of an abusive return preparer, nonfiler, someone participating in abusive trusts, or someone not reporting employment tax, you should report this activity to your nearest Internal Revenue Service office.

If you have information about an individual or company you suspect is not complying with the tax law, report this activity.

When in doubt - seek help from the IRS or a tax professional.

This information can be communicated by phone or in writing to your local IRS office.

Dan Fredrickson
Heide

Email
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2003, 03:59:19 am »

Here is alittle speculation for you....

The IRS can't track cash. People over the years have given cash. Betty use to keep the "books" until Mark Miller took over. How many books are there?

Betty & George have lived between the lines, filing their taxes. They have been investigated many times. Without people coming forward and saying I gave this much and this much and it was all cash, there is NO way to track it.

Here is the slanderous part, I'm sure George hired the very best tax attorney he could find. Perhaps an attorney out of San Diego who helps people set up accounts in different countries, like Greece. Since George has dual citizenship, that shouldn't be too hard. Legally they could run money thru a dummy corporation and into Greece. The Torch & Testimony is considered a foreign corporation. In my notes, Ariel was started to print the Torch and then a few years ago bought by a corporation. I'm not sure how all this works out but it certainly is a good bedtime thought....

Heide
curiously looking

Email
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2003, 09:46:14 am »

Well, given how southern california is the cult capital of the world, there's probably several attorneys that specialize in helping cult leaders hide their cult money...in a foreign country via phoney corporations like the Scientology and Moonie leaders do.  Pretty standard proceedure, nothing sophisticated.  Oh well, at least he can't take it with him.  But just think, the money we were told that would be put to use for the Lord's work will probably be continued to be wasted by DG for more car parts, cigaretts, wine (per other postings/testimonies), and probably other vices.

Overall, the money is not a concern, it's gone and forgotten.  I just don't like the fact that it's being used for reasons other than the original intent, like financing DG's debauchery.  Therefore, I'm writing a letter to the IRS and Calif. Franchise Tax Board that documents the amount of money I gave to GG & Co., then bring it to a branch office and talk about it with an agent.

Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2003, 08:54:11 pm »

Well, given how southern california is the cult capital of the world, there's probably several attorneys that specialize in helping cult leaders hide their cult money...in a foreign country via phoney corporations like the Scientology and Moonie leaders do.  Pretty standard proceedure, nothing sophisticated.  Oh well, at least he can't take it with him.  But just think, the money we were told that would be put to use for the Lord's work will probably be continued to be wasted by DG for more car parts, cigaretts, wine (per other postings/testimonies), and probably other vices.

Overall, the money is not a concern, it's gone and forgotten.  I just don't like the fact that it's being used for reasons other than the original intent, like financing DG's debauchery.  Therefore, I'm writing a letter to the IRS and Calif. Franchise Tax Board that documents the amount of money I gave to GG & Co., then bring it to a branch office and talk about it with an agent.

Awesome!  I wish more people would step up and hold these wicked men accountable!
Robb

Email
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2003, 09:54:32 am »

I just don't like the fact that it's being used for reasons other than the original intent, like financing DG's debauchery.  Therefore, I'm writing a letter to the IRS and Calif. Franchise Tax Board that documents the amount of money I gave to GG & Co., then bring it to a branch office and talk about it with an agent.

It seems to me that we (as in former, current, whatever Assembly members- anyone involved in the Assembly for any length of time) need to collectively take this attitude.  It's not about being vindictive or bitter or spiteful, it's about being accountable and holding those accountable that need to be held accountable.  

This should be undertaken by everyone as a collective.  The more people that are involved in bringing the truth of what actually happened to the authorities ("Caesar" or "The worldly authorities", as it were), the more George and company are going to realize that they can't "lead us as lambs to the slaughter" and get away scott free.  

We can all continue to debate, bicker, argue, call names, be divisive amoungst ourselves, etc., discuss theology, methods of worship, and so on, but honestly, until we get this whole issue of George and his gangbangers off our collective chests and out in the open, exposed where it needs to be and resolved, we will never truly heal as a community of believers and will never in this life be able to hold George more accountable than the mild things we already have done.  Come ON! Really!  Do we let him get away with early retirement?  If any one of us "underlings" from the assembly were to pull what George has, we'd be in jail so fast our head would be spinning.

I have on a personal level come to a great level of peace and am moving on now that the issues have come to light.  But my sense is that, on a corporate level, as a group of believers, we aren't exactly being good examples by rolling over, growling a bit (by barking about our bitterness on various bb's) and playing dead and just letting things be.  Please don't get me wrong, I'm am not an advocate for allowing the Assembly to continue, but by us coming together in this way, I believe that we, as a group of believers with a common experience, need to do this as an example to all other believers of other demoninations that accountability is paramount.

Let's resolve this whole issue once and for all.  Stop beating a dead horse and bury it already.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: