AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 05:16:42 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOW ME THE MONEY  (Read 26325 times)
AaBbCc

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2003, 10:39:10 am »

Scott,

Per your statement:
As for your money, the Lord knows the spirit in which it was given and at this point that is your only  consolation. Fortunately, it is an incredibly wonderful consolation if you really think about it!

You are right!  I whole-heartedly agree.  I gave thinking it would benefit the work of the Lord - boy was I wrong!  I wish I had given the money to my sibling real brother who struggles every month to pay his bills.  He is a state trooper who risks his life everyday.  He is the # 1 state trooper in Kansas.  He has arrested more drunks than anyone in the state.  He talks to the drunks about God.  He is the best missionary I know.  

I also believe that it is easy to say I am sorry.  For George to say he is sorry and then keep the money he virtually stole from each and everyone of us is criminal.  Isn't there a verse about stealing and if caught to repay 7 times?  Let's see 5 years of fellowship x $40 per week is $10,400.00 for me x7 = $72.800.00  Lets get the numbers out there.  I want my refund of $72,800.00 to go directly to Judy and Rachel.  I don't think 7 times would be enough for the pain they endured.  

I am a CPA and I deal with the IRS regularly in my course of doing work.  I know that if the IRS audited George although they wouldn't have an audit trail because he conducted all his business in cash, at least the income portion.  The IRS has other ways to figure his income - such as looking at his expenses.   It is not possible to pay bills without having the money to pay bills.   There are phone bills, electricity bills, property tax bills, there are records.  He will have to prove where he got the money to pay his bills.  The burden of proof is on George.  

I wonder what country George is about to exile himself to?

Lori

Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 10:41:48 am »

Lori,

I bet it will be someplace sunny!

If I have a refund due, I'll wait and collect when I'm at the Pearly Gates! Treasure stored up in heaven and all that, ya know!

Scott
AaBbCc

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2003, 11:06:33 am »

Scott,

I have a good joke for you!

A man was dying and he begged God to allow him to bring one suitcase to heaven with him.  God finally agreed.  The man filled his suitcase with gold.  When he got to heaven everyone was asking him why he brought pavement.  Cheesy

Lori
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 11:10:33 am by Lori Wray (Rushmeyer) » Logged
Rob Kazarinoff

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2003, 12:58:04 pm »

Hi Lori !!

You bet, I'll tell Linda you want to get in touch.  Your friend Scott is right about the money - God knows.  

Rob K

VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 12:10:06 pm »

Smiley  WOW- Well Said Sue! You go Girl.

Greetings to you and Garth from your old buddy- Vinnie Galati in St. Louis.  I came out of the assembly in 1994 after 11 years. God is so good. He opened my eyes and plucked me out- to Him be all the Glory. I just found this site today via Joe Babor and can't get off it. It's 1 in the morning! Good Night- Stay in Touch- VPG
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2003, 07:56:13 pm »

I am a newbi to the site. I left the assembly in 1994 after 11 years. What is the lodge? We never used that word then.  I assume you are referring to the work or the Geftakys assemblies.  Is that correct? Thanks, VPG
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2003, 08:45:48 pm »

The "lodge" was a term coined by John Malone, who has since stopped posting on this site and requested that all of his posts and article(s) be removed from this site.  And yes, he coined the term to represent what we use as "assembly".  He believed (I think) that word better described what the assembly was, rather than using the biblical term, "assembly".
sue xander

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2003, 10:24:10 pm »

Hello All!  Lets get back to the subject at hand!  Where is the money that we each have given?  Has the IRS been informed of the misuse of George's money?  If not will someone take the steps who knows the books?  Lets pray that way, that the money and all its vast darkness is brought to the light of all of its misuse.  WE NEED TO KNOW!
freebird

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2003, 11:05:17 pm »

Sue,

Do I have to show you ALL the money? Cool
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2003, 02:57:11 am »

I wonder whether a lot of money went to a blackmailer?
psalm51

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2003, 03:29:59 am »

I wonder whether a lot of money went to a blackmailer?
Maybe. Her initials might be BG.
Heide

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2003, 06:41:29 am »

This is like asking the mob to show me the money. I understand that Betty once kept the "books" and then that job got passed onto Mark Miller. Now can you say two sets of books? The curious things is, why keep records? Why keep track of where the money is... Oh yes, because it isn't for the sheep it is for the wolf. His retirement plan.

Oh CPA out there... How long after selling your house do you have to buy another house to avoid paying taxes on the money you made might be another good question. When George & Betty bought their original home it cost them $35,000.00 and they sold it in the $600,000. range.
Inflation, whatever. I don't begrudge them the high market value but where is that money going?

Follow the money, it is an interesting trail.....

Heide
James

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2003, 06:50:30 am »

Have G&B sold their house?
Heide

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2003, 06:53:49 am »

G&B's house was in escrow... The got help moving out! That's all I know....

Heide
psalm51

Email
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2003, 07:50:13 am »

Anybody know where G and B are moving?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: