AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:49:37 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY ASSEMBLY CHILD  (Read 12017 times)
lenore
« on: June 14, 2004, 09:08:50 am »

Smiley: JUNE 14: 12:08 AM

MY ASSEMBLY CHILD:
From 1982 to 1987 minus 1986:

My assembly child was name Christie:
Joanna Christine "Christie for short"

She was two years old her experience of mat training was started.
Also her training of high expectation on how a child should behave, even when she was a good kid, it didnt quite live up to the expectations of others.

It was also a time of confusion and people pleasing  increase Mom, who desperately wanted to be accepted.

Christie perferred Sunday School, and still remembers her sunday school experience from the age 7 to 12.
And still remembers that experience.
Christie doesnt remember her assembly experience, except she knew something changed in her acceptance.
Christie accepted Jesus at the age of 4, when told to the leadership,  lets just say, there was more emotional support from a few loving sisters.

Christie is now a mother of 6 year old twin boys. Is not attending church, although, she values the sunday school experience, and still has her bible given to her.
I cannot speak for Christie about her experience, these are my memories.
Christie was a small child in a world that had high expectations and punishments when those expectations were not met by adult standards for a child.
Christie was a child with fears, including fear of men, and rightful so.  Yet there was no understanding when she refuses to approach the men of leaderships, and mom was told that I should force her to shake their hands.  In retrospect, a child's phobia should be understood, not cuddled, but understood, and slowly dealt with, but there was no patience to the fact , both Christie and I escaped from an abusive situation within my marriage, and trust and acceptance was already in short supply.  Trust and acceptance was never really earned either.
So this is my assembly kid story.

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 10:59:58 am »

Lenore,

What a sad, tragic, and all too familiar story.  Since all your posts end with a picture, some of which seem to have little to do with the post itself, I can't help wondering whether you realized that you closed this particular post with the picture of a rainbow, symbolic of God's promise.

There's nothing about the text itself that speaks of hope or encouragement, but the rainbow at the end speaks volumes about believing in God through the dark stormy time, waiting in confidence for the breaking of the clouds, the shining of the sun, and the hope of the promise that this too shall pass and God will prevail, in His beauty & glory, over all.

Please tell Christie for me that I'm glad she holds on to a sense of connection to her childhood experience of God, and if she ever wonders why she no longer has that assurance of closeness to Him that she once enjoyed, He has not moved:  He is right where she left Him, waiting for her return... Cheesy

al

lenore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:33:45 am »

JULY 6TH, 2004: 3:37 PM

TODAY IS MY ASSEMBLY CHILD BIRTHDAY:

Christie is 24 years old.
She has been in the same relationship with Jason since September 1997.
Their twins turned six years old on May 21st.

Christie is running a home day care for the summer, babysitting about 8 kids over the age of 5.

Christie has completed her high school by correspondence. and has been taking college correspondence courses to get her home day care licence.

Christie and Jason in the eyes of the land are considered married, although they have not made it final in the eyes of God.

Christie has very curly hair and has freckles.
When she was growing up if I had a nickle for everytime some one mention her curls, freckles, and her height. She is 5'7" now.
I would have had her college tuiton paid for.

My second daughter Sara, is 17.  She was 8 months old when , we moved from Ottawa to Arnprior.
She and I have our troubles, but she seems to be getting back on track now.
She is boarding in someone else's home.
She is attending 1st Baptist church regular. ANd she leaves on Sunday to be a camp counsellor at Camp Bonnchere  near Eganville.

I just wanted to pass on this little information on how my assembly children are doing.
Mom is a lonely empty nester, but on track too.

lenore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 08:02:21 pm »

Smiley: August 20th at 11:07 Arnprior time.

Christie phoned me about 15 minutes ago. The new baby she is expecting is a little girl.

I am going to be a Grammie of a little girl.

She didnt break the cycle of grandchildren from my parents.
The pattern is
two girls, two boys, two girls, two boys.

Christie is the first to go beyond the second child.

I have two girls
My sister has a girl and a boy
My brother has a boy and a girl

My sister started it with my neice
Then I had Christie
My sister had my first nephew.
My brother had a son
Then I had Sara
My brother has my last neice.

Then Christie had the boys(twins) six years ago.
Now even though this is her second pregnancy, this is her third child.

She said that somebody else will have to have the second girl, to maintain the pattern.

She was telling me, that when the doctor was doing the ultrasound, and said it was a girl, my grandson William, said "I knew it, "I knew it", it was so cute him saying this.

When Their father said, that the picture makes the baby look kind of alien looking. William broke into a fit of laughter.
While Anthony was the questioning type, having to have those intellectual answers.
I could be bias of course, but my grandsons are a couple of smart cookies.

This made my week, after having a rough start of it.

Have a good day

Lenore
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 08:41:06 am »

Dear Lenore! Smiley

I just wanted to take the time to tell you how much I appreciate your contribution on the BB.

Really!  I have to say that I am often quite moved by what you share; as you share the small, big, sad, and happy moments of your life.

I have been stirred often to pray, and when doing so, have realized maybe what God is thinking about as He considers us exassemblyites:  His thoughts are filled with love and blessing for us, and those innocents who lived through the Assembly with us.  In other words, your participation ministers to my heart by causing me first to have empathy for the needy, and then yearn for God's consolation in the lives of these same wounded souls.

Your posts move me to pray!

May God bless you Lenore, your children, and your grandchildren with "every blessing of the Soirit".  May God also help all those whom visit this BB, though they have not shared with us their needs as Lenore has, with a strengthening of their faith in Christ.  For the single moms, the "difficult" child, the discouraged believer, the confused mind, and yes even those whose faith has been destroyed; may the Good Shepherd, who seeks the one lost sheep, use all His wisdom and power to work in their lives.

In Jesus name, amen.            Mark C.

lenore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 06:03:55 am »

December 28, 8:15 pm Arnprior.

I got a phone call from Christie this evening.
SHe asked if she can move in with me the first of February and wandered what the social housing rules are.

Christie is 39 weeks pregnant.

She didnt get specific about the reasons , but for some odd reasons I believe her and Jason are having troubles again.

Before CHristmas she wasnt answering her phone.
For the last couple of days, I have been dreaming how I would be able to move things around to make room for her and the children. Including the twin boys age 6  and the new baby.

She doesnt want her father or her sister to know quite yet.

SO I AM ASKING FOR PRAYER FROM MY BB FAMILY FOR GOD PROTECTING ARMS AROUND MY DAUGHTER AND HER CHILDREN RIGHT NOW.

Thanks
Lenore

Jerre

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 01:54:55 am »

Dear Lenore,

Our God is a great and gracious God who knows us so much more than we know ourselves. He is faithful to bring us into trials that will "turn to gold", for our faith to be strengthed and our lives be made more Christlike. How comforting in a way to know that Christie is turning to her loving mother instead of someone else for safety and support. Both you and Christie will be in my prayers during this difficult time. May our Lord use this time to turn Christie's life to Him competely, and may He equip you to say and to exactly what is needed to wonderfully care for and minister to your daughter.

XOXO,

Jerre

Psalm 139

Isaiah 26:3, 4

Isaiah 40:28-31
lenore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 01:06:11 am »

:DJANUARY 10TH

ANNOUNCING THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF VICTORIA WHELAN-COX

ON JANUARY 9TH AT 4:24 PM
AT THE QUEENSWAY-CARLETON HOSPITAL
OTTAWA, ONTARIO.

WEIGHING 6 LBS 16 OZ

MOM - CHRISTIE IS DOING WELL

GRAMMIE - LENORE IS THANKFUL FOR HER FIRST GRANDDAUGHTER.
AUNTIE SARA IS HYPER OVER HER NEICE.
lenore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 05:36:48 am »

:)January 23 HAPPY LORD'S DAY TO YOU ALL

I just wanted to share what has been happening with the family.

Christie was 7 when I left the assembly.

She is the one who just had her third child.
Little Victoria.  I only seen once that was two weeks ago.
According to Christie, she is growing.
Victoria's big brothers, twins Anthony & William are dealing with a new one who has so much attention from Mom, that has been their for 6 1/2 years.
William is the one who is dealing with jealousy, acting up to get attention.
Anthony is dealing with it a little better, or is hiding it a little better. According to Christie , he is the one who wants to hold her, help with all the baby chores. etc.

I am asking for prayer for this family. As the situation with Jason and Christie has worked it self out yet.
Although Jason is a good father, and this little girl has already wrapped herself around his little finger.
Jason and Christie 8 year relationship is rocky. With Jason wanting to taste his wild oats. He was only 19 to Christie 17 when the twins were born.
So please up hold this family in your prayers.
Thanks you God for your answers to prayers.

Sara was only 8 months old when I moved away from Ottawa.
She is my cyclone. Strong willed, out spoken, butting head type.
I have a praise.
Sara was dropping out of high school two years ago.
She now made the honour roll and is applying to colleges.
I am asking for prayers, to uphold Sara into God's hands for wisdom.
Also for maturity for Sara.
I believe with Sara always having high expectation of others to fulfill her needs. SHe is going to have a rude awakening when she really get on her own.
It has been almost a year since she moved out of home and went to live with a CHristian Couple friends of mine.
Sara & I still have some unsettled business we cant seem to get past, I am afraid that type of garbage will be a hinderance to her.  I wasnt the mom that she deserved.
She still goes to church regularly at another baptist church here in town.
I also pray she will find Christian friends in college to keep her on the path, that God wants her to be.
So there are my girls, my grandsons, my granddaughter.
The family I am extending them to my Christian family on this site to up hold my family in prayer.
Also continue to prayer for this assembly Christ Child as I deal with issues of mood disorders and daily living.
Thanks for listening and praying.

Lenore
lenore
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 12:29:40 am »

April 24th

This was on the back of one of the adult sunday school take home papers.

SON/DAUGHTER

THE PHONE IS FOR YOU
IT'S THE LORD
HE SAYS YOU ARENT ANSWERING YOUR MESSAGES.
HE KEEPS CALLING, BUT GETS A BUSY SIGNAL OR THERE'S NO ANSWER.
ANOTHER THING, YOU KNOW I TELLYOU THAT NO ONE LOVES YOU AS MUCH AS I DO
BUT HE SWEARS THAT HE LOVES YOU MORE THAN I CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.
THINK OF THAT

MOM
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 01:01:14 am »

May 21st:

FOR THOSE WHO ARE PRAYER WARRIORS:

Please pray for my assembly daughters' prodigal situations, that they will see the light of their own actions and attitudes, and quit blaming past for their motives of the present.

THANK YOU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: