AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 06:43:13 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUEST/PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER  (Read 46315 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 06:19:43 am »

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

At latest count, this 9.0 earthquake has killed at least 22 thousand.

I sometimes wonder about the Lord's purpose in natural disasters that affect poor people the most.

Luke 13:4-5
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I guess that it means that what the Lord has in store for the rich is in the future.

You will remember that the terrible earthquake in Iran took place one year ago to the day as the recent catastrophe. Anybody wondering about the strange events in Florida this hurricane season?
There are rumors aboundng about scalar weaponry....
Verne
The fact that this sort of thing is happening in the 10/40 window is I think significant...the gospel is making inroads...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 11:57:07 am by VerneCarty » Logged
lenore
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 05:51:26 am »

December 28th :

The news has put the death toll caused my Indian Ocean Earthquake and tidal wave, at about 50,000 and many more missing.

The entire world is affected, because of the vacation spots this time of year, that many tourist from all over winter there.
Already there are 3 Canadians confirmed dead. Many more are missing and presumed dead.

Prayers are greatly needed for the aid workers and the emergency personnel that are doing the search and rescue.  ALso prevention as disease , hunger, is threatening the survivors that are already in shock, homeless, injured.

lenore
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 05:55:39 am »

December 28 at 8:10 pm Arnprior:

I have two prayer requests that are personal.

1. My Aunt Hazel who is 90 years old, a deaf mute , suffering from dementia, has fallen over Christmas, and broke her hip.
- prayer is that God will be done what is best for this beloved lady.

I saw her on December 23rd when I went to the Villa(a retirement type of home), to give her a gift. She went and got a friend of her , who once own the house my parents bought 30+ years ago. We went to the dining room and had  tea and cookies. Then these two elderly women both in their 90's took me on a tour of there home and we went to each door and admired the decorations.

lenore
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005, 06:40:08 am »

;)January 21st

Please prayer for my Pastor.
Pastor Bruce
at Calvary Baptist Church
here in Arnprior.

Just up hold him in prayer.

Thanks Lenore
lenore
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 10:32:17 am »

;)February 1st

Our local Presbyrterian Church which my Mother attends:

Pastor of that church, found out on Thursday,
that his ten year old son was diagnosis with
Muscluar Dystrophy.

Prayer that the congregation of the church will raise to support their shepherd.

Prayer that the Pastor and his family, be left in arms of Jesus, putting their absolute trust in the HEAVENLY SHEPHERD, to help see them through.

My mother said it was a very sad service on Sunday.
Her pastor was in tears trying to do the sermon.
This church is one of the faster growing church especially the Sunday School area.

The Pastor of that church and his wife have a Clown Ministry reaching the younger members of the community.

lenore
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2005, 09:48:59 pm »

February 24:

DID YOU THINK TO PRAY?
Author: Mary Ann Kidder
            W.O. Perkins

CHORUS:
Oh, how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day:
So in sorrow and in gladness,
DONT FORGET TO PRAY.

Verse 1:
Ere you left your room this morning,
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Saviour,
Did you sue for loving favour,
As a shield today?

Verse 2:
When you met with great temptation,
Did you think to pray?
By His dying love and merit,
Did you claim the Holy Spirit
As your guide and stay?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sad
Verse 3:
When your heart was filled with anger
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace, my brother,
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verse 4:
When sore trials came upon you,
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was bowed in sorrow,
Balm of Gilead did you borrow,
At the gates of day?
lenore
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2005, 08:20:00 am »

:)HAPPY LORD'S DAY OF FEBRUARY 27TH

PRAY FOR THE CONGREGATION OF CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH HERE IN ARNPRIOR.

On April 2nd, this church is embarking on the 40 days of Purpose Journey.

Pray that the sheep of this Christian community is ready to receive what ever God has for us, as a congregations and as individuals.
Pray for the protections against anything that Satan will be throwing at us, as we learn and grow, in areas God wants us to be in, and to allow Him to change us, to point of getting closer in a more personal relationship.

I keep you posted....

LENORE
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2005, 10:17:36 pm »

May 2nd:

I have a couple of prayer requests that I would like my family of Christ here on bb to pray.

I am slipping in depression, and I notice it more today, partly of the result of the Weekend upset, partly because it has been raining the last few days, and partly my emotions have been brewing at the surface the last few weeks.

I have been like a shaken pop bottle , just before you open it.

It was opened, and I am having a hard time containing those emotions.

Second:
I had the first of the month errands, walking to bank and to housing to pay the rent. Which is 45 minutes one way.
By the time I got to bridge, to walk across the bridge, something in the back of my left calve ripped, making it very painful to walk.
I kept going. I was obviously limping badly when I got home, and now it is beginning to swell.

I broke my ankle two years ago, ever since that leg has been plague by one problem or another,
tenditis in my heals, I do have the syndrome that affects the knee caps,
I have been have a popping or tear then in the back of my calfs for a couple of months now.
Ever since I feel on some ice on the way to church one Sunday.

Despite the pain I keep going.

Three: Next week, I was given a very generous gift, and am now committed to go.
So I would like prayer to be able to tolerate the pain in my legs and the tenditis in my shoulder, to do a few things around the house. And to be able to honour the committment of this gift.

A couple of people knows about the gift, and I appreciate the cost and preparation that went into that gift. I am honoured to have been choosen for this gift.

It is a gift that will further allow me to learn more about my mental illness, how to cope with it, and eventually learn what I need to do to continue on the journey on Recovery.

If any of you suffer from depression and other mental illnesses. I suggest because of the positive experience I have had in the last year, with you local COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC,
it is a valued tool I have used to recover, whether it is going bowling or yoga or self esteem groups.  They are tools to grow and learn, and take the steps of recovery.
That recovery is a slow process, because it is a one step forward and many many slips backwards.
Only with support and encouragement to keep those steps forward, even with a slip up, that the journey is less lonely.

I have been told that this gift I will be participating in next week, will be a major step to graduating out of the program.

So I am asking for mercy, and stamina, and whatever God is willing to grant me to complete my task in honouring this gift.

Fourthly: Due to the recent episodes, I will ask for your prayers so I will not dwell on it any further that I have to. To allow the forgiveness be once and for all and buried in the deepest sea and post a no fishing sign. To grow on this in the love and strength, not bitter and anger to eat at me.

Fifthly: For the ones who wish to continue with their resentments, that they will take the time to learn about the very thing that they object too. That includes myself.
To learn is knowledge, and knowledge is freedom, that includes freedom from prejudice.

Example: I hate alcoholic, because of I had to tolerate from my Father growing up.
Now that my father is 11 years Dry, Praise the Lord, and from his most recent softing of his heart, the answer to prayer over his salvation. I am now seeing signs that the fruit of those prayers because of the change in his attitude towards me. I am now a daughter that can be proud of her Daddy again. I am daughter who is loved by her Father. A daughter that my Father can be proud of. 

It took a few of the members from program at the Community Mental Health, and the Mood Disorder Peer Support Group, to hear the people story who suffer from alcoholism, to really listen to them opening up maybe for the first time about their pain. To understand that they like me have demons of their own, in their  past, in the spirit to work through and overcome.
SO WHO WAS I TO JUDGE THEM. I can only offer a listening ear, shoulder, weep when they are weeping. To Pray for them silently. To accept them for who they are.
That is a very valuable lesson I have learned . Maybe understand my own father battle with the addiction more.

Sixthly: Continue to pray for my health , whether it physical, mental, emotional, spiritually.
Maybe the opportunity to be in the job market, in a full time position in an office setting, whether I get to go back to school and take an advance computer course, and medical secretary course, so I can eventually take my place in becoming self sufficient.
Of course to apply for such a job within the Ottawa Area, will require a french course to be come fluent in writing and speaking and understanding in that language.

So if you could put these prayer on your prayer list and offer me up to God, to be used for what ever and where ever and how ever He wants me to .

Thanks for your prayer and thanks for answered prayers in advance.
Lenore
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:24:50 pm by LENORE » Logged
Lenore
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 05:42:58 am »

May 8th: HAPPY LORD'S DAY, AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

I HAVE A PRAYER REQUEST:

It is for TRAVEL MERCIES.

I have been blessed and honour to be asked to participate in a three day all expense paid, conference in Thunder Bay.

I will leave 4:30 am for the Ottawa Airport leaving 6:20 am, with a two hour lay over in Toronto.
Arriving in Thunder Bay at around noon.
Leaving Thunder Bay at 3 pm arriving back in Ottawa about 8 pm Friday May 13th.

The conference is part two of the one I attended in Kingston.

It is called RECOVERY BASED RE MENTAL HEALTH.

There are two clients and two workers from each location under the umbrella of the Pembroke General Hospital. Community Mental Health Clinic Sections.
The Areas of traveler is Arnprior, Renfrew, Pembroke and BarrysBay.

The workers here in Arnprior, knows my love to learn, attend workshops and write.
They know I am a very good note taker, write reports and orally report to the rest of the staff and clients in my own community group.

My personal goals, which I would like you to specific pray for is:
1. Learn more about my own disorder
2. learn more how to cope with my own disorder
3. learn what ever steps I need to get me on a more foundational recovery path.
4. learn the necessary ways to apply what I have just learn.

5. To allow God to teach me as well, in a very secular atmosphere.

There will be workers and clients from all over the province.

It is exciting, It is my second trip on a plane.
Even though it is a working vacation, it is a vacation, I feel very privilege to being asked, and honoured that I am going. They also know, I am bragging here.
That I will honour the expense by working hard, and being committed to work they have prepared in advance.

I am seeing, the intertwine of what I do here on earth, whether it is in the secular world, and the Christian world, that work I do , will be rewarded in eternity.
That is the purpose: goal to work for eternity.
RIGHT.

GOD RULES...THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...GOD RULES.  ..AMEN.

So please pray for my travel mercies and the doors of knowledge be open to absorb the learning aspect of it all.

Thanks you Lord for answered prayers in advance.

Lenore
editor
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 05:50:55 am »

Please pray for me too.

I am taking a 2 day, no expenses paid trip to a re-licensing seminar. 
I'm going to have to drive there, and pay for food and hotel. 

While I'm there, I won't be able to see patients,(that means I won't be making a dime)  so pray that everyone will be OK until I return.

Hopefully, I can learn how to be a better, more effective Chiropractor.  Thanks for praying.

Brent
Mark Kisla
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 06:59:21 am »

Please pray for me too.

While I'm there, I won't be able to see patients,(that means I won't be making a dime)  so pray that everyone will be OK until I return.

Hopefully, I can learn how to be a better, more effective Chiropractor.  Thanks for praying.

Brent
I'm here in my wifes office and I ask her to read these 2 prayer request, after reading this one she bust out laughing asking," Who is this guy ? He's funny !"
Good One
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2005, 10:22:58 am »

Please pray for me too.

Brent

Definitely!

And I hope they have a supportive seminar for flakey friends. By all means, make an effort to attend it. I've heard that they give away Cub's hats, but instead of the C, they have two F's on the front, that are pointing to each other, so that it actually looks like an A. I think they should put the F's upside down and get rid of the middle line, so that either way you look at it, it says "L" (for loser).

Another one to watch for is the ARAAC group: Avoid Reality At All Cost. I'm sure many of your patients would benefit from this one; make them all think they need your care for the rest of their lives, that, as far as health concerns go, they need do nothing for themselves.

Oh, yes. Don't forget the most important one: Labeling with Permanent Markers: Highlight your genepool now.

I hope I wasn't too harsh, here. And these are suggestions only. PLEASE don't take it personally and begin to OCD all over this board again.

With Christian concern from the Lilly field,

Moonflower
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:26:43 am by belfry » Logged
editor
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:21 am »

Definitely!

And I hope they have a supportive seminar for flakey friends. By all means, make an effort to attend it. I've heard that they give away Cub's hats, but instead of the C, they have two F's on the front, that are pointing to each other, so that it actually looks like an A. I think they should put the F's upside down and get rid of the middle line, so that either way you look at it, it says "L" (for loser).

Another one to watch for is the ARAAC group: Avoid Reality At All Cost. I'm sure many of your patients would benefit from this one; make them all think they need your care for the rest of their lives, that, as far as health concerns go, they need do nothing for themselves.

Oh, yes. Don't forget the most important one: Labeling with Permanent Markers: Highlight your genepool now.

I hope I wasn't too harsh, here. And these are suggestions only. PLEASE don't take it personally and begin to OCD all over this board again.

With Christian concern from the Lilly field,

Moonflower

Wow, that's.....ah.....disturbing?  Good post though.

So, my seminar doesn't have all the other services.  There will only one speaker with a Power Point presentation and a syllabus. 

Those hats seem wierd.

Brents
editor
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 06:33:35 pm »

Please pray for me too.

Brent

Answered prayer:

The hotel reservations came through.  I have a non-smoking room!  I was relieved to find out that there are places to eat nearby, so it looks like that prayer was answered to.  Pray that the restaraunts take credit cards.  Pray, pray, pray.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 09:07:01 pm »

PTL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: