AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 10:38:43 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUEST/PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER  (Read 46298 times)
outdeep

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 07:39:31 am »

Lenore,

I know this is not the way you want your children to learn and you are doing right in attempting to talk her out of it, but sometimes allowing someone to experience the consequences of their willful decision is the only way that works.

One of my sons especially believes, as I like to say, "the tree isn't real until I climb it."  Do all you can, but make sure you keep the door open.  They usually back when the pain is great enough.

Keeping you in prayer,

-Dave
lenore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 10:48:23 am »

:)AUGUST 18TH AT 1:55 PM ARNPRIOR TIME:

PRAISE GOD , HE DOES ANSWERS PRAYERS.

SARA DID NOT GO ON THAT BUS TONIGHT.

AN INTERVENTION WAS ORGANIZED, BETWEEN ME, THE COUPLE  THAT SARA LIVES WITH (LOIS AND JAY), AND MY PASTOR B.
WE MEET AT SARA'S BEST FRIEND HOUSE, WHERE THE MOTHER, PEGGY, WE SAT AROUND THE KITCHEN TABLE, AND PRAYED, WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, SARA  AND THE FRIENDS SHE WENT TO THE MOVIES WITH, HER FRIENDS WERE TRYING TO TALK SARA OUT OF GOING.
SARA RANT, RAVES, CRIED, CURSED, THROUGH A HISSY FIT.
WE EVEN CALLED THE MAN INVOLVED.

SO IN THE END, SARA CHOSE NOT TO GET ON THE BUS TONIGHT, AND WENT HOME WITH THE BOGARS.

THERE IS A LOT OF HISTORY BETWEEN SARA AND MYSELF.
I AM TRYING TO IMPROVE AND CHANGE, AND MAKE AMENDS, SARA LOVES TO DO A LOT OF MUD RAKING.

TONIGHT  LORD INTERVENE, SO IF YOU CAN CONTINUE TO UPHOLD SARA TO GOD, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE'S PRAYERS. IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED IT.

LOVE IN CHRIST TO MY FAMILY MEMBERS OF GOD.

LENORE
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 10:36:06 pm »

I have kids in Florida who are in the path of Hurricane Frances. (who in Florida won't be?) Please pray for their safety as well as all the other Floridians. It's a devastating, flooding monster.

Thanks.
lenore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2004, 07:13:41 am »

I have kids in Florida who are in the path of Hurricane Frances. (who in Florida won't be?) Please pray for their safety as well as all the other Floridians. It's a devastating, flooding monster.

Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your prayer request.

I would like to pray at this moment.

Dear Heavenly Faithful Father, controller of all things on earth and in heaven.

Lord I give to you the state of Florida, who is facing one of the worst hurricane storms , a class 4 hurricane.
Lord moonflower has stated that she has children in that state.
I lay these children at your feet, for protection, shelter and safety.
Lord I also lay moonflower, a mother heart, give her the peace that passes understanding, calm her worry know that her Saviour is in Control.
Lord help moonflower to rest upon your loving shoulders, in your grace and mercy. Let those children and all of your children Lord in the path of that storm.
Lord provide for what ever needs may arise.
Lord I thank you in advance for answered prayers, I praying this in accordance to will of the Father, through the name of the Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ.  Lord also be with the diaster relieve workers, as their tasks is heavy,up lift them and give them the stamina and strength to aid those who are in need.
In Jesus name Amen.

Lord I also give to you those parents in that Russian town who lose so many children. I pray that you would wrapped your heavenly arms around that community, those parents, those love ones who loved ones they have lost.
Lord be with that community, be with rescue workers, and those w ho are supporting that town.
In Jesus name Amen.
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 08:29:04 am »

Thanks Lenore, Mark and others who were praying for Floridians. My kids didn't get much of Frances until late yesterday, and Frances isn't done with them yet, as far as rain goes. As of this morning, they still had electricity, though 30,000 in their town were without. They are in north-central Florida.

Now Ivan is on it's way. Unbelievable. So much for retirement in Florida, especially in a mobile home; or anything with windows, for that matter.  Sad
lenore
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 08:51:52 am »

Cheesy

There is something I found out on Friday last.
Pastor B. confirmed it tonight at Alpha.

There is a Pastor  in town from another church .
Pastor Tom Smith , pastor of the Elgin Street Baptist Church here in Arnprior.

I found out Pastor Tom was in a bad car accident last June.
He was attending a church convention in Toronto.
While crossing the street was hit by a pick up truck.

Only the Lord grace prevented Pastor Tom from being killed.
He suffered a concussion, broken ribs, and leg broken in three places.
He has been bedridden most of the summer , and is now home. He is still on crutches. Mending slowly.

He has not gotten back to the pulpit yet.

I know Pastor Tom, because I serve with him on the start up committee for the A & D Neighbourlink Program over a year ago.

I am asking for Prayer for this Pastor.

I talked to my Pastor B. , Pastor B. was surprised that I didnt know about Pastor Tom.

Prayer is for Pastor Tom continual recovery from this accident.
Prayer is for Pastor Tom congregation.
Prayer in the way God leads you to pray.

Thanks you.
I feel any man of God who is a shepherd leading sheep needs all the prayers we can give.
Arnprior needs good pastors in this community.

Lenore

lenore
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 08:55:03 am »

Sad October 19th 12:03 am

Please pray for Beth and her daughter

Last winter there was a car accident in which an elderly man was killed by being hit by the car in which the daughter was driving.

The daughter is going to trial now . The trial date is October 29th.

I am asking for prayer for this family.
Beth comes to our ALpha Group and is a Christian Mother going through this trial, with her daughter and the rest of her family.

There is a prayer tower going around within her own church, and a prayer tower within our church where 15 minute slots of prayer, so the entire day of October 29th will be covered.

Uphold Beth, her daughter and the family to God in prayer.
Strength to endure what may come down with the decision of the judge. God will be in that court room, surrounding the  people that are present. Also to be with the family that suffered this lose.

Thank you for your prayers.

lenore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 11:10:15 pm »

Huh October 19th at 2:23 pm Arnprior

Member of my church name Janice.

She has recently been diagnosis with a form of M.S.

Pray for the doctor's wisdom, and guiding hands .
Pray for the counsellor who is guiding Janice through this trial.

Pray that Janice will see this an apportunity for complete dependence on God. Janice is a very self sufficient gal.

Pray for Janice family, as to know how to help Janice deal with this life changing illness.

THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS.

summer007

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 11:15:55 pm »

Please Pray for the Hammond Family who lost their 16 year old son Mike over the weekend. This boy/young man was in my son's 6th per English class and my Son had just talked to him in school. Apparently what happened is he took some Oxycontin/Morphine type of drug and never woke-up in the morning. The Family is devastated to say the least. The Christian Club meets today and should have a big turn-out as many on campus are grieving some have known him since pre-school, my son has known him since 6th grade and although he was'nt close friends with him he's still very sad. My son told me the Father had just yelled at the boy for being late and what he thought was drunk, not knowing he was over-dosing he went in and went to sleep. The Services are this weekend. So please Pray for the Family I dont know them but I think its important for my son to go and say Good-Bye.  Thanks Summer.    P.S. I just wanted to add this boy came from a good family, lived 4 blocks from the beach and attended a blue ribbon nationally recognized school, andd obviously was experimenting with drugs, not knowing his respiratory system would drop out...Parents Beware!!! P.S.S. Please Pray for me as I'm going through a Stressful time with a Career change and 2 teens at home...God Bless.
summer007

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 03:32:32 am »

Everyone please be Praying. Mike's Memorial is in an hour and a half down on the beach. Please pray for the Family's comfort and knowledge of Christ in their grief. Thank-You Summer.
summer007

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2004, 10:37:05 am »

Pray for the Billy Graham Crusade at the Rose Bowl in  Pasadena Nov 18-21. Pray hearts would be softened and open to the Gospel that is able to save souls. I really think there is going to be a great out-pouring of Gods Spirit, and this may be one of BG's last crusades as he's had recent health problems, so pray for his strength. I don't know how many nights he'll be preaching, or if his son will be speaking, but this crusade was re-scheuled from a few months back. Also the short tv promo is very powerful. Summer
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 01:05:13 pm »

Here's a link:

http://www.billygraham.org/ourMinistries/evangelisticEvents/missions/losAngeles/
summer007

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004, 12:37:30 pm »

Thanks for the map Stephen. I just got back from the BG Crusade it was really good. Billy looked Great in his black overcoat and full head of grey hair, he was assisted by a walker up to the podium. Then he preached on the rich-young ruler and the one thing he lacked, while emphasizing Gods Love for him, and everyone else in the crowd, he especially had a heart for the youth, being that Third Day did a concert. And then he gave the alter call and thousands poured down the aisles, to the theme song of 'just as I am'. We had no trouble getting in or out everything ran smooth. There were  protesters outside with signs  before and after with stuff like God kills and some other non-sence, we just ignored them, but they were gathering a crowd as we left. I think we missed Bev Shea sing and the choir on arrival. Tomorrow the last day Jars of Clay will perform. Keep Praying for the new generation to hear the word, and respond. We were in the Mandarin Chinese section and a whole row in front of us went down six to seven. The Rose Bowl was jammed packed probibly 50k in attendance.  Summer
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004, 06:23:54 pm »

Please pray for people in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and India many have died or are missing.

Asian quake toll tops 3,000
Sunday, December 26, 2004 Posted: 7:57 AM EST (1257 GMT)

CNN) -- Massive tidal waves triggered by the largest earthquake to shake the planet in over 40 years have wiped out coastal areas across southeastern Asia as far as 1,000 miles away, killing nearly 3,000 people -- most of them in Sri Lanka and India.

The initial quake, measuring 8.9 in magnitude, struck about 100 miles (160 km) off the coast of Indonesia's Sumatra island around 7 a.m. local time, according to the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/26/asia.quake/index.html

Hugh
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 06:24:46 pm by Hugh » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 05:16:47 am »

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

At latest count, this 9.0 earthquake has killed at least 22 thousand.

I sometimes wonder about the Lord's purpose in natural disasters that affect poor people the most.

Luke 13:4-5
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I guess that it means that what the Lord has in store for the rich is in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: