AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 05:14:17 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: SHARING BIBLE VERSES  (Read 222848 times)
lenore
« on: June 01, 2004, 04:52:31 am »

MAY 31ST: 7:58 PM:

THIS SITE:
to share a bible verse that has got you thinking, has been an anchor, has been good memory, just for the sharing of it.
OKAY ANY PARTICIPANTS.:

I will get you started.
 Smiley------------------------- Cheesy

Glorious Blessings Are Ours: Free Access to God,
-------------------------------------------------------------

The Creator and Sustainer of all things
-------------------------------------------------

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:13,18 NIV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All of them, will serve Me in the land; there I will accept them and there I will seek your contributions and the choicest of your gifts, with all your holy things. As a soothing aroma I will accept you

Ezekiel 20:40b,41a NASB

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 3:12 KJV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Any reflections.? Roll Eyes

lenore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:36:39 am »

JUNE 4: 12:42 AM

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6 KJV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.

lenore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 08:31:32 am »

JUNE 9TH: 11:39
++++++++++++++   + ++++++++++++++++++++++

Overcome grumbling with gratitude...
==========================

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:20,21

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 4:14-16 KJV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

======================================
AMEN:

LENORE

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 11:45:39 am »

Overcome grumbling with gratitude...
==========================

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:20,21

My favorite new saying to saints who are grumbling:

"You need to unwhine!"

al Grin

lenore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 09:23:22 am »

Wink:JUNE 12:12:31 AM

My God Shall Supply all your needs in Christ Jesus
---------------------------------------------------------

So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today--to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul - then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

Deuteronomy 11:13-15 NIV

--------------

"If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored; If you remove unrighteousness far from your tent, And place your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks, then the Almighty will be your gold And choice silver to you. For then you will delight in the Almighty And lift up your face to God."

Job 22:23-26 NASB

-------------

Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.

For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.

Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.

The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.

Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.

Psalm 128 KJV

-------------

God promises a safe landing...
not a calm passage.

-------------

God, Whose grace is all sufficient, be glorified!

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of
our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.

:DLenore

lenore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 08:01:05 pm »

:)IN HONOUR OF FATHER'S DAY:

Cheesy

Fathers... Leave a godly heritage.

He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Malachi 4:6 NIV

-----------

My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.

When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Proverbs 6:20-23 KJV

-----------

He who is slow to anger has great understanding, But he who is quick-tempered exalts folly.

A tranquil heart is life to the body, But passion is rottenness to the bones.

Proverbs 14:29,30 NASB

-----------

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Galatians 6:9,10 NIV

-------------

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only
begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him.

Smiley

Fathers... If you have wronged your family ask forgiveness.

He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Malachi 4:6 NIV

-----------

"Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."

Mark 11:25,26 NASB

-----------

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Proverbs 28:13 KJV

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 29:23 KJV

-------------

saves is faith in Him.

Smiley

TO ALL THE FATHER'S ON THE BB .

lenore
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 07:53:51 am »

:)Christ is Coming Again! Let us be diligent then to
Obey Him and remain faithful as His servants

-------------

He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honored.

Proverbs 27:18 NIV

-------------

A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren. The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.

Proverbs 17:2,3 KJV

-------------

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. A servant who deals wisely has the king's favor, but his wrath falls on one who acts shamefully.

Proverbs 14:34,35 RSV

-------------

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:22-24 KJV

-------------

We proclaim Jesus, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Colossians 1:28-29 NIV

-------------

saves is faith in Him.

==================================

HYMN:

HE IS COMING AGAIN: BY MABEL J. CAMP

Just the chorus:

He is coming again
He is coming again
The very same Jesus
rejected of men
He is coming again
He is coming again
With pow'r and great glory
He is coming again.

lenore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 03:37:10 am »

:DJuly 18th, 6:42 pm:

I was given a devotional book called
Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado

I was given this , by a dear sister , who lives in California, after I was hospitalized 18 months ago for depression.

I want to share today devotion:

GO WALKS AMONG THE SUFFERING

Matthew 8: 17
"he took our suffering on him and carried our diseases

"Picture a battleground strewn with wounded bodies, and you see Bethesda.
Imagine a nursin home overcrowded and understaffed,
and you see the pool.
Call to mind the orphans in Bangladesh or the abandoned in New Delhi, and you will see what people saw when they passed Bethesda. As they passed what they hear? An endless wave of groans.
What did they witness?
A field of faceless neeed.
What did they do?
Most walked past.........

But not Jesus.....

....He is alone.....The people need him-so he's there.
Can you picture it? Jesus walking among the suffering....

Little do they know that God is walking slowly,
stopping carefully
between the beggars and the blind.
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 05:07:13 am »

Hi Lenore,

The verses that you have shared here are great. Do you have one for the situation with the abuse of babies in South Africa? Oprah had a show on it this week and I'm still almost in shock over what is going on there.

I'm serious. I'm having difficulty with this one. It's an unspeakable atrocity.

Moonflower
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:30:57 am by moonflower2 » Logged
lenore
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 09:08:48 am »

Embarrassed: Hi Moonflower 2

Sorry, I have not heard about what is going on in South Africa and abusing of the babies.

I can give you platitude and verses, but they may not be much comfort, except I remember the Bible story about how the disciples were stopping Mothers from bring their children to Jesus.
Mark 10: 14-16  When Jesus sawthis, he was indignant.He said to them. "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these, I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

Ezekiel 34:28:
THey will no longer be plundered by the nations, nor will wild animals devour them. They will live in safety and no one will make them afraid.

Amos 5:24
Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice , a river of righteous living that will never run dry.

Revelation 21:4
And God will wipe awy every tear from their eyes, there shall be n o more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain.

Psalm 102:17
He will respond to the prayer of the destitute, he will not despise their plea.

I dont know if these help, but it made me realize, no matter how bad we think we have it h ere in the western world, and in our own personal lives. There are always somewhere who suffering is worse off.
It also made me aware , that there are still cultures and places that regard human beings, particular babies, and women as property with not value.

The Lord hears the needy and does not despise his captive people.
Psalm 69:33

Just give it to the Lord. Until He directs us to do otherwise.
Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Lenore

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 08:31:29 pm »

What about the millions of babies murdered by abortion here in the USA?
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 09:04:26 pm »

Yes, there is no excuse for murder and shedding of innocent blood, but, this is the first time I've ever
thought that babies (who die as a result of rape and gang rape) would have been better off if they had been
aborted. The surviving ones will have a lifetime of injury to their spirit and body. You should have seen
the show on Oprah.
 Cry

The fact that South Africa was mentioned is only to identify where the crimes are happening. It has nothing
to do with one country's atrocity as being worse than another's. The men committing the atrocities are
given a couple months time in jail, if anything at all.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 09:34:49 pm by moonflower2 » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 10:48:31 pm »

Jeremiah 15:19
... if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: ...

A baloney interpretation of Jeremiah 15:19 is that people are vile who don't agree with certain pet interpretations of scripture and should beware of the "cave-man's club".  The meaning of the verse is clear in the larger context of Jeremiah's job assignment.  The precious were the sheep of God's pasture who were being abused by the corrupt leaders.  The vile thing is that people were sacrificing their children to the idol Baal.

Jeremiah 44:4
Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.

Jeremiah 19:4-6
Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents; they have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind: therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.

Exekiel 33:11,21
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? ...  And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten.

Clearly, it wasn't for a small thing that the Babylonian captivity happened to Israel.

With Jeremiah's prophecy about the terrible thing that would happen to Israel, was included his prophecy about their return from captivity 70 years later and also about the 1st and 2nd coming of the Messiah.

This verse from that prophecy of hope is one that I remember learning as a song that Judy taught the group in Tom Maddux's house about 30 years ago:

Jeremiah 31:12
Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
lenore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 08:04:30 pm »

Smiley: JULY 23RD, AT 11:07 AM.

"My Grace Is Sufficient For You"

Say to the captives, 'Come out,' and to those in darkness, 'Be free!' "They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every barren hill. They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.

Isaiah 49:9,10 NIV
+++++++++++++

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psalm 23:2 KJV
++++++++++++++

"And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding."

Jeremiah 3:15 RSV
+++++++++++++

I will open rivers on the bare heights And springs in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water And the dry land fountains of water.

Isaiah 41:18 NASB
++++++++++++++

saves is faith in Him.
=======================================

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

James 4:10 KJV
++++++++++

For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?

But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

1 Peter 2:19,20
+++++++++++

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that you may do the will of God and receive what is promised. "For yet a little while, and the coming one shall come and shall not tarry; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him."

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and keep their souls.

Hebrews 10:35-39 RSV
+++++++++++++++++

saves is faith in Him.
======================================

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Psalm 63:2-5 NIV
++++++++++++

I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

Song of Solomon 2:3,4 KJV
+++++++++++++++++++

The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree, He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Planted in the house of the LORD, They will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still yield fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and very green.

Psalm 92:12-14 NASB
++++++++++++++++++

saves is faith in Him.

I HOPE THESE VERSE ARE AN ENCOURAGEMENT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND REJOICE DURING OUR LORD'S DAY.

TALK TO YOU LATER.
GIDDAY FROM THE OTTAWA VALLEY

:DLENORE

summer007

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 09:31:43 pm »

Lenore,  Thank-You for all the Encouraging Verses. You are Ministering to the Saints and do Minister. I read all your stories and articles. I dont have the foggiest idea where you find all these things. They are very Sweet and at times thought provoking. I'm praying for you to find some supplemental work, or just Gods Gracious outpouring on you in the form of a gift...Make way. Lets see what he does. It seems your really good on the computer and with the typing. I'd definitly hire you if I was looking for employees in So.Cal. You'd probibly do really well with a flex schedule. Too bad your not getting paid on these boards.....From the Sunny Beaches of Southern Cal...Summer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: