AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 08:30:10 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thorn in the Flesh  (Read 4275 times)
summer007

Email
« on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:11 am »

II Cor 12:7 ...Paul's thorn in the Fesh a messanger of Satan to keep him from exalting himself, to keep him humble...Some say it was his eye problem from the road to damascus encounter with the Lord. The reference given in my amplified version was Job 2:6 where God gave Job over to Satan with the directive to spare his life...And then he was smitten with boils from head to toe.  Satan ususally comes as an angel of light... Do you think some of our infirmities are from this Warfare going on? Any thoughts on this topic appreciated...Also I think a good verse is the one  "If any Man thinks he Stands let him take-heed, lest he Fall" from 1Cor 10:12...Good verse to remember as God will not tolarate our Pride...but a rightous man falls 7 times and rises again. Also the fight is in 11Cor 10:3-5. Also Gods Grace is made Perfect in our weakness. Without this Thorn would Paul of been just another arrogant man??
lenore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:26:35 am »

II Cor 12:7 ...Paul's thorn in the Fesh a messanger of Satan to keep him from exalting himself, to keep him humble...Some say it was his eye problem from the road to damascus encounter with the Lord. The reference given in my amplified version was Job 2:6 where God gave Job over to Satan with the directive to spare his life...And then he was smitten with boils from head to toe.  Satan ususally comes as an angel of light... Do you think some of our infirmities are from this Warfare going on? Any thoughts on this topic appreciated...Also I think a good verse is the one  "If any Man thinks he Stands let him take-heed, lest he Fall" from 1Cor 10:12...Good verse to remember as God will not tolarate our Pride...but a rightous man falls 7 times and rises again. Also the fight is in 11Cor 10:3-5. Also Gods Grace is made Perfect in our weakness. Without this Thorn would Paul of been just another arrogant man??

EXCELLENT TOPIC:

I believe God allows illness, physical difficulties, in our lives so we can be dependent on him, and not rely on ourselves.  
It is so many theories on the thorn of Paul, some says it was guilt from being part of rounding up Christians , as Saul, Some says it was from all the abuses and beatings, and injuries Paul suffered while  on his missionary , church planting journeys.
Whatever it was it kept Paul close to God?

excellent topic I am going to have to study on it further.
thanks for the posting, to get our spiritual thinking caps on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: