AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 03:56:25 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday  (Read 70670 times)
M2
« on: March 04, 2004, 10:05:34 am »

Happy Birthday Hugh!
And many more. Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 08:46:18 pm »

Hugh's Birthday is it?

Happy Birthday Hugh!!

---Joe
delila

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 09:28:39 pm »

Hugh!

That's more than half a century: 52, right?

So it makes me wonder, if you have any... well... words of wisdom for us seeing that yer gettin' up there, so to speak in years.  Well?  Hugh?

We're waiting.  The floor's all yours.  Speech speech speech!

delila
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 10:17:09 pm »

Hugh's proverbs:

It's what you learn after you leave the Assembly that counts.

Let your yes be yes and not someone else telling you to say yes.

If it seems like a trap you are already caught.

Don't blame yourself for trusting hypocrites, you aren't one so how could you think others just might be.

When the Lord sets you free don't say Why me just run from Hell and don't look back.

God can save anyone but you have to be willing.

If you know the truth hold on to it.

Hugh Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 10:23:21 pm by Hugh » Logged
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 10:39:07 pm »

Thanks for all your very kind greetings. I got my Birthday present early. When I left the Assembly in July it was a special day of liberation. I am so glad to have this Website. It was hard for me to come online but now I know I have found real friends here. Thank you one and all. My hope is that Jesus will recover those hurt ones and encourage those who need it to boldly stand for His truth.

;DLord bless you all Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 10:40:34 pm by Hugh » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 04:46:36 am »

Happy Birthday Hugh Grin Grin

It has been great to have you on the BB and I appreciate your contribution.
                                   God Bless,  Mark C.
delila

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 09:15:01 am »

Hugh's proverbs:

It's what you learn after you leave the Assembly that counts.

Let your yes be yes and not someone else telling you to say yes.

If it seems like a trap you are already caught.

Don't blame yourself for trusting hypocrites, you aren't one so how could you think others just might be.

When the Lord sets you free don't say Why me just run from Hell and don't look back.

God can save anyone but you have to be willing.

If you know the truth hold on to it.

Hugh Grin

Well said Hugh, and with brevity too.  See Marcia, having forsaken the 'collective' Hugh did not drone on and on.

Undecided  A well deserved pun back at cha, Hugh.  And you can blame that one on Marcia.  She mothered it in a private post, when we were talking about you behind your back.
 Grin

Cheers

delila
M2
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 09:22:50 am »

Well said Hugh, and with brevity too.  See Marcia, having forsaken the 'collective' Hugh did not drone on and on.

Undecided  A well deserved pun back at cha, Hugh.  And you can blame that one on Marcia.  She mothered it in a private post, when we were talking about you behind your back.
 Grin

Cheers

delila

Since Hugh is 'the cutest' Borg drone, I asked Hugh the same question in an EM that I asked you (behind his back Smiley) and got some very interesting feedback from him.

E.g. He said:

He assimilated my meaning.
He once dreamt of Star Trek and every cloud had a borg lining.
Once he followed a garbage truck thinking it was part of the collective.
One of the drones was named Ernest Borg Nine.

You get the idea. It was very punny.
Marcia
delila

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 10:03:33 am »

Quote from: Marcia .

[quote

Once he followed a garbage truck thinking it was part of the collective.
You get the idea. It was very punny.
Marcia

The garbage truck was part of a large fanchise, no doubt, based in Fullerton.  Itinerate truck drivers unloaded lovely packages in various states and even made it up to Canada to dump their loads on many occassions.  
In Ottawa a large toxic dump was created.  Remember Marcia?  It's coming back to me now.  I remember being at several meals around the heap when we chewed and swallowed what was fed.  Those were the days, my friend.  Those were the days.

drj
M2
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 07:33:05 pm »

The garbage truck was part of a large fanchise, no doubt, based in Fullerton.  Itinerate truck drivers unloaded lovely packages in various states and even made it up to Canada to dump their loads on many occassions.  
In Ottawa a large toxic dump was created.  Remember Marcia?  It's coming back to me now.  I remember being at several meals around the heap when we chewed and swallowed what was fed.  Those were the days, my friend.  Those were the days.

drj

We thought they'd never end, but are now glad that they did, for us anyway.

Are you sure you are referring to Ottawa??  Surely you mean Estevan, after all Ottawa was not influenced by Fullerton.  It must be the age thing, you being much older now - a sign of the times.  Usually it's the short-term memory that goes first, but in this case...

Marcia Wink
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 10:00:32 pm »

Happy Birthday Hugh Grin Grin

It has been great to have you on the BB and I appreciate your contribution.
                                   God Bless,  Mark C.

Thanks Mark.

Keep the faith. To use a quote from the sixties and seventies "Peace Brother".

Hugh   Cool
delila

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 10:18:35 pm »

Marcia,
Estevan never had anything on Ottawa.  And yeah, it's been a lot of years.  I was fifteen when I entered the assembly and the four 'fourmative' years I spent in Ottawa remain my most memorable.  That's where the pros were, handpicked by George.  Interestingly enough, Ottawa is the clock that keeps on ticking even now, and, in my estimation, was and remains the darkest place in Canada.  And Ottawa, like the other assemblies, has not idea who built the set up ideals by which they live.  They say it is 'the Lord' - but George's life and their own stories say that: this is the house that George built.  And these are the people who remain in the house and say that this is the house 'the Lord' built.  And these are the people who closed the books that sat on the book table in the house that George built... and this is an escapee who ran from the house that still stands... in Ottawa.

delila
M2
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 10:57:23 am »

Marcia,
Estevan never had anything on Ottawa.  And yeah, it's been a lot of years.  I was fifteen when I entered the assembly and the four 'fourmative' years I spent in Ottawa remain my most memorable.  That's where the pros were, handpicked by George.  Interestingly enough, Ottawa is the clock that keeps on ticking even now, and, in my estimation, was and remains the darkest place in Canada.  And Ottawa, like the other assemblies, has not idea who built the set up ideals by which they live.  They say it is 'the Lord' - but George's life and their own stories say that: this is the house that George built.  And these are the people who remain in the house and say that this is the house 'the Lord' built.  And these are the people who closed the books that sat on the book table in the house that George built... and this is an escapee who ran from the house that still stands... in Ottawa.

delila

Wow Delila! This is so amazing and incredible!  You've lived in all three Canadian assemblies so who am I to argue with you on this one.  Maybe since Ottawa was most 'faithful' to the vision, they continue to stand strong against the attacks of the enemy. EH?? Wink (sarcasm intended)
I know this is prolonging Hugh's birthday by keeping this thread going, but... Smiley

Marcia
delila

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 10:33:11 pm »

yup.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:03:23 pm by delila » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2004, 04:19:37 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT !!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Mark C.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 04:20:22 pm by Mark C. » Logged