AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 06:26:50 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO WROTE THE GOOD NEWS TRACT?  (Read 9564 times)
glossyibis

Email
« on: May 16, 2003, 09:19:31 am »

Roll Eyes I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO ORIGINALLY COMPOSED THE GOOD NEWS TRACT AND WHERE TO CONTACT HER. ( I BELIEVE A WOMAN WAS THE AUTHOR).
I HAVE HAD IT TRANSLATED INTO ROMANIAN AND HAVE DISRIBUTED THOUSANDS THERE, IN THE PAST FEW YEARS.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK HER AND SEND HER A COPY OF THE ROMANESTE VERSION. SOMEBODY HELP ME.
                                                   STEVE HARRIS
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 09:22:30 am by glossyibis/ steve harris » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 09:18:00 am »

I just noticed this question.  I am afraid that I am the guilty party.  However, since I am a husband and father of four, I don't think I qualify as a woman.

I wrote "Good News" and "None Like Him".  

Good news was written to have something to give to people who came to our tent campaigns in Fullerton.  Bob Ford, as I remember, did some editing.

None Like Him was for the campus outreach at CSUN, where I used to lead the Bible study.

I'm glad to hear that these tracts have done some good.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 02:50:55 am »

Funny story about "None Like Him" --

we had those out on the campus booktable once and someone with broken English stopped by (Oriental I think) and asked me why no one likes him.  

It was a serious question -- that's how he read the tract title.

Well, at least it gave opportunity to talk to him!!
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 04:51:40 am »

Dear Tom,
    sorry about the confusion as someone told me that they thought a woman named Rosemary  was the author. I have sent  a message to  your aol address to explain more.   steve harris
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 07:46:40 pm »

I believe Rosemary (Colletti) Ryan wrote "I have found a ransom" - but I could be wrong.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 07:11:27 am »

Hi Nancy! Smiley
  Yes, you are right.  Rosemary did right the "Ransom" tract.
    How are you doing?
                                       God Bless,  Mark
vernecarty
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 06:37:45 pm »

Dear Tom,
    sorry about the confusion as someone told me that they thought a woman named Rosemary  was the author. I have sent  a message to  your aol address to explain more.   steve harris

Hey Steve:
If you are still hreading here please give me a call or e-mail me. I need directions.
Verne
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: