AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 07:55:18 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NOW IS THE TIME TO WORSHIP.....  (Read 8907 times)
summer007

Email
« on: December 21, 2003, 02:07:08 am »

THANK HIM.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:50:14 am by summer007 » Logged
lenore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 11:18:35 am »

God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform:He plants His footsteps in the sea,And rides upon the storm.................Ye fearful saints ,fresh courage take :The clouds you so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head...A hymn by C.Cowper......Alot of the hymns in HSS I knew growing up so when I first went to the Assm I knew alot of them..I still Love them...I was thinking on my way to Church this A.M. (I"M going back in a little while) the Yoke was heavy in the Assm and when we go to church now its so light and free it takes awhile to get used to..after bearing the heavy load...sometimes our M.T. are longer then the Sermon . I got a Message this A.M. All this person knew of me is that "I'd left the Lord" I thought thats funny ..who knows what else was said about me..But I'm goin back to church in about an hour to hear my Daughter sing with the Worship Team and I'm sure to be rejoicing in His Love and Mercy to me ....and  Ill be sure to Thank-Him for delievering me fron Damnable Lies...of the Assembly .....

Majesty, worship His majesty
Unto Jesus be all glory
Honour and praise
Majesty, kingdom authority
Flow from His throne
Unto His own, His anthem raise.
So exalt, lift up on High
The name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify
Christ Jesus the King
Majesty, worship His majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified
King of all Kings.

Majesty: written by JackW. Hayford
@1981 Rocksmith Music
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 11:19:52 am by LENORE » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 06:26:39 am »

Sensing, or feeling, the corporate worship in the assembly was once a great goal of mine.  The emotional experience was not taught as an objective, but was inferred often and deeply.  "Wasn't that a wonderful worship, brother?"    "The Lord was certainly here in our midst this morning, wasn't He sister?"  It was suggested that anyone who didn't feel the Lord's presence must have some carnal obstruction in his or her life.

That concept of "knowing" the presence of God left many of us high & dry through much of the rest of our daily lives,  seeking but not finding His presence.  The whole idea was confirmed by the idea that we needed to have a session of pre-prayer to "set-up" the atmosphere for worship, which itself could not occur until we were properly assembled.

It has long since occurred to me that worship is not in and of itself a "corporate" function.  Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord.  Corporate worship is a gathering of individual worshipers to practice and express their worship together.  With that thought in mind, I have wondered if there is any aspect of life in which it is not right to employ worship.  I have not been able to come up with any answer except that there is none.  We should praise the Lord whenever He is worthy of our praise.  When is that?  Always!

How we as individuals exercise worship is universal and yet may vary, according to where we are in our relationship with Christ.  By this I do not suggest a comparative "growth chart," but merely that the Lord deals with us individually, according to innumerable variables.  As we learn to know Him better, more deeply, by His revelation to us through His Word, worship becomes a spontaneous expression of gratitude and praise, welling up from our desire to serve and to please Him who has redeemed us with unspeakable grace, and not dependent upon some "feeling."

Will we ever feel a sense of His presence with us, an awareness of His "moving in our midst?"  Perhaps, but it must be regarded as a dollop of whipped cream on our dessert, and not as a hallmark, for we walk by faith, not by sight (sense).

As humans, it is quite natural for us to consider such a premise as this and immediately shift into a state of guilt over the realization that we "should" be worshiping and praising our Lord during every waking moment, but we are not.  What dismal failures we are!  What ungrateful louts!  Then we must recognize the source of such thoughts.  There is now... no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus...  The Holy Spirit is at work, not to condemn us, but to teach and enable us.  All the more reason to praise the Lord.  Thoughts that take us farther from worship are not the thoughts of God.  His thoughts, ever higher than our own, always lead us toward His glory, not away from it.

As with any aspect of the Christian journey, the foundation of worship is laid upon God's promises and His answers to our prayers.  "Lord teach me to worship you in spirit and in truth."  There can be no doubt that He will grant that request, for He has promised...

al

lenore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:56:02 am »

SONG: TELL ME THE OLD OLD STORY:
BY A. CATHERINE HANKEY/WILLIAM H. DOANE:

VS:1

Tell me the old, old story, of unseen things above, Of Jesus and His glory, Of Jesus and His love. Tell me the story simply , As To a little child. For I am weak and weary, And helpless and defiled.

Chorus:

Tell me the old old story, Tell me the old old Story, Tell me the old old story of Jesus and his love.

Vs: 2:

tell me the sotry slowly, that I may take it in.
That wonderful redemption. God's remedy for sin
Tell me the story often. For I forget so soon. The early dew of morning. Has passed away at noon.

vs 3:

tell me the story softly, with earnest tones and grave. Remember I'm the sinner, Whom Jesus came to save;
Tell me the story always, If you really be, In any time of trouble, A comforter to me.

vs 4:

Tell me the same old story, When you have ause to fear.
That this worlds empty glory is costing me too dear.
Yes, and when the world's glory, Is dawning on my soul, Tell me the old, old story, Jesus makes thee whole.

lenore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 07:47:25 am »

:)June 22, 10:53 pm.

Glorious Blessings Are Ours:
God our Creator Hears and Answers Prayer
------------------------------------------------

Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."

Psalm 50:15 NIV

----------

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Psalm 50:15,16 KJV

----------

He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

Psalm 145:19 KJV

-------------

We proclaim Jesus, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Colossians 1:28-29 NIV

-------------

God, Whose grace is all sufficient, be glorified!

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only
begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him.

=====================================
SONG:

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL: GLORIA & WILLIAM GATHIER

Something beautiful
Something Good
All my confusion
He understood
All I had to offer Him
was brokenness and strife
But He made something
beautiful of my life.

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:17:23 am »

Psalm 150 (The Message Bible)

Hallelujah!
Praise God in his holy house of worship
Praise Him under the open skies
Praise Him for his Acts of Power
Praise Him for his magnificent greatness
Praise with a blast on the trumpet
Praise by strumming soft strings
Praise him with castanets and dance
Praise him with banjo and flute
Praise him  with cymbals and big bass drum
Praise Him with fiddles and mandolin
LET EVERY LIVING, BREATHING CREATURE PRAISE GOD!
Hallelujah!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: