AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 02:00:51 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CALLING ALL ASSEMBLY KIDS...  (Read 2457 times)
al Hartman

Email
« on: September 05, 2003, 05:26:29 am »

Dear AKs & Parents of AKs,

Two things have influenced me to post this appeal:

First, the following quote from a recent personal message i received from Marcia:
My kids are still "in" because of friendships and an inability to "see" because of the nice people they fellowship with. What they do not realize is that 'nice' people also get deceived.
 Marcia has come out of an assembly, but her family remains "in."

The second thing was an insightful postscript to Mark Kisla's August 31 post on the "Television/Bravo's New Show" thread.  The P.S. was written by Mark's 17 year old daughter, Sarah, and demonstrated a lot of understanding.  Sarah's youth is apparently no hindrance to her following the Lord.

So here is my proposal:  
     There are a number of Assembly Kids out there who have access to this BB and who have questions.  ASK 'EM!!!  There are also AKs who have found, and are finding, answers to their questions, so Ask of THEM!  
     Teens & twenty's who grew up in an assembly:  If all that is presently going on in yours is tearing you up, formulate your concerns and post them here.
     Parents who don't know what to tell your families about all this, here is the place to seek the counsel of other parents who have been where you are-- learn what others have done...  what has worked & what hasn't...
     You can post here anonymously.  THERE IS NO RISK!!!

AKs and Parents who have come through the trials of the past months and triumphed, please share your testimonies, your insights, with special regard to the families that are torn or split.  Pray for clarity, and post from your heart.

al Hartman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: