AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 09:29:01 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 4991 times)
Andrea Denner

Email
« on: July 16, 2003, 07:21:54 pm »

Just a quick goodbye to everyone.  My time here is done.  I debated whether I should write a final post...and I just will share a few last thoughts.

Remember that not all of the things done in the assembly were necessarily "assembly" things.  The assembly skewed many good biblical principles.   For instance, the Bible clearly teaches a healthy man/wife relationship in which the man leads, but Betty screwed it up into something that was really crazy.

Things that could be considered good standards in the christian realm were taken to an extreme, twisted and turned into legalistic requirements in the assembly.  There has to be standards, folks...albeit these standards will vary from person to person, family to family.  It can't just be "anything goes" now.  I would go into some examples, but this would get too long.  Grin

If anyone would like to further correspond with me, you can reach me at jdenner@ameritech.net

Thanks for having me.

Andrea
Robb

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 11:08:08 am »

Andrea,
Thanks for your input.  It is much appreciated and insightful.

I agree with what Verne has posted elsewhere and feel that an extended break is needed.  I appreciate the need that these bulletin board's have filled.  I could go on, but 'nuff said for now. I've got other things that require more of my attention.

I will keep checking in every once in a while.  

Please, if anyone needs to get in contact with me, do not hesitate to e-mail me at remiddleton3@yahoo.com and keep me posted.  It's really great to reconnect with great friends whom I love and cherish, but like Verne stated, seems the old-timers have said just about all of it.
amycahill

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 06:05:53 pm »

Please, take a break if you must, but not too many of you leave.  There are people who need you, like me.   Embarrassed
mithrandir
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 01:53:12 am »

This will be my last post.  I am grateful to Brent and others who blew the whistle loudly enough for us who were still deceived to wake up.  I have attempted to further the whistle blowing a little, but I believe my part is just about done, and that what I do from here on will be in face-to-face meetings with people, and not on the Internet.

I leave you with two scenes from the movie "Holes": one in which Zero has been told that no one is allowed to teach him how to read, and that all he is good for is digging holes.  Then he takes his shovel and knocks out one of the counselors with it - so making his escape.  This is how I've often felt about what it was like to leave Fullerton.  Our counselors were horrible!

The other scene: Zero and Stanley are in the desert, and Stanley says, "Zero, we've got to get you back to camp."  Zero's reply: "I'm not going back!"  For those who've recently left Camp Green Lake (I mean, the Assembly), there may be a time of painful readjustment, but don't go back! - Gal. 5:1.

If you all hear reliable new information about how God is dealing with the assemblies that still exist, please post it, as I will be checking for a little while longer.

Thanks!

mithrandir
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: