AssemblyBoard
April 30, 2024, 11:43:52 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why This Documentary?  (Read 3504 times)
David Mauldin
« on: August 01, 2003, 07:10:58 am »

My personal goals in doing this documentary are 1. Closure, mine and anyone else who so desires. 2. Open the eyes of the general public.  What do most people think of when they hear the word "Cult"  Jim Jones?  David Koresh? Jimmy and Tammy? Yet I would like to think we who were associated with the Assembly were not the average yokels who follow such types!  Rather, most of us were educated, thinking people who for whatever reasons found ourselves entrapped by this man George Geftakys. In short I would like to show the public how easily they themselves could become victims and offer the many experiences of ouselves at their service.  Many of you have responded and I will be getting together with Denise soon to discuss our first steps  Thank You!  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 07:13:14 am by David Mauldin » Logged
kwelsh

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 07:39:46 am »

David I understand what your saying but I tend to be concerned about what your message will be. Well, these are still matters which still need to be discussed in a Christ honouring way. The David I knew would never exploit another person it's not that I have any concerns about things like that. But do you consider it important to present these matters to the world in such a way as to honor Christ and His church? Is the world going to judge the church on these types of matters? We need to remember that most of the people if not all who were mixed up in the assembly are christians and that means they belong to Christ wether they've betrayed him willingly or by accident. And he will judge his church to me it seems like a delicate matter as to if when or how to present these things to people outside of the church.
Kevin.
amycahill

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 04:47:48 pm »

My personal goals in doing this documentary are 1. Closure, mine and anyone else who so desires. 2. Open the eyes of the general public.  What do most people think of when they hear the word "Cult"  Jim Jones?  David Koresh? Jimmy and Tammy? Yet I would like to think we who were associated with the Assembly were not the average yokels who follow such types!  Rather, most of us were educated, thinking people who for whatever reasons found ourselves entrapped by this man George Geftakys. In short I would like to show the public how easily they themselves could become victims and offer the many experiences of ouselves at their service.  Many of you have responded and I will be getting together with Denise soon to discuss our first steps  Thank You!  

I note you say above that "Rather, most of us were educated, thinking people who for whatever reasons found ourselves entrapped by this man George Geftakys."  Here is an excerpt from the Heaven's Gatewebsite as reproduced on Rick Ross' website.  If you visit it, you will see that these people were also educated, thinking people -- otherwise, they couldn't have launched the campaigns they did.  Also, their progression into delusion is eerily similar to ours.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/heavensgate.html

A fact that we take for granted but which may take some explanation for others, is that the Next Level does not always let us in on the overview of their strategy. "Next steps," timetables, and even conceptual understandings are given to us only on a "need to know" basis. Without a doubt, the Next Level has had an extremely detailed lesson plan designed for our personal growth. In retrospect, it is quite evident how the premature introduction of more advanced concepts and understandings early on would have completely "blown" the circuitry of the comparatively primitive human computers (brains) we were using. Consequently, new steps and understandings were presented throughout our awakening in a carefully calculated sequence. By this method, the limited human mechanism could, with some effort, be reprogrammed to accept and assimilate the advanced, non-human perspectives we were receiving. As a result, you will notice that throughout our materials, our understandings are constantly being updated and refined as our circuitry adapted. One "fact" we learned early on is that what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: