AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 06:21:25 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets  (Read 40198 times)
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 04:21:16 pm »

Cats rule.

I thought you had a little dog. MercyMe! A cat lover, too?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:28:51 pm by moonflower » Logged
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 09:10:43 am »

April 25th 2006

Good Evening:

I was wondering if any of you watch the Animal Planet tv channel.
Do you watch Animal Cops, Animal Precinct.

It is on here 10 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
They are old rerun shows.

But they deal with agents of the local Animal Control Offices of various cities, which include Detroit, New York, and Huston, and at times Miami.

I prefer the Huston one best of all.

It is reality cop show, involving getting animals out of trouble.

Tonight was the episode, involving a dog starved to death. And when the court procedure was viewed the hidden face of this dogs owner "said I didnt know anything was wrong" despite the pictures being put in her face.

Watching these shows make me hug my cat even further. It is appaulling how much abuse, wickedness there are in the world.
It has shown that people who abuse there animals are more likely to abuse people.

Animals are God's creation too, and God gave these animals to us human to take care of them.
We humans have done a very poor job of it, with extinctions, animal endangerment, yet there are people out there protecting, and loving these animals.

Well I off my soap box, and wondered if you have seen these shows.

Lenore
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 07:51:04 am »

On the lighter note:

This summer we have had hot humid weather, resulting in many thunder storms.

My cat Percy. Dives under the bed.  When it calms down a bit. He pops up, jumps up and get assurance, then another crack of thunder after lightening has struck the water. Under the bed he goes.

The other day, since moving into the apartment last October,
Percy has gain abit of weight.  I removed his collar as it was getting tight.
I rubbed his neck .  Then I went to lengthen the collar.
I put it on my bedside table. 
Percy grab it with his teeth and promptly threw it in the garbage can.
Now wasnt that a hint, or was that a hint.

Animals are God's creation, giving us something to lighten our mood.

REVELATIONS 5: 13TH
Prove that there will be animals in the new earth/heaven.

Joe S.

Email
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 05:06:51 am »

I just love pets too. Last year I was fortunate enough to be given an African elephant calf as a gift. Within a year the animal has grown greatly, and unfortunately I will most likely have to part with it soon. "Chester" as I fondly call him, has done some things that have truly tickled my heart. About two weeks ago my Aunt Wilma was visiting from Vermont. She is 77 years old and has bad eyesight. She wandered into the back yard and into Chester's area of the yard. He wrapped his trunk around her and literally tossed her over the wall into the neighbors pool. I just had to giggle about that when I saw it happen. I just thought I'd share that and hope to share other heartwarming experiences with pets soon. Animals do the darndest things.

--Joe
brian

Email
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2006, 12:24:55 am »

elephant bacon is the best
summer007

Email
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 11:44:08 pm »

and that my friend is no chicken-scratch.
marden
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 07:21:56 am »

The other day I was at a friends house and their cat reminds me of "Garfield" except with with spots. The cat weighs about 15 pounds. I brought my 7 month old daughter who weighs about the same. It was kinda funny watching them both watching each other,  Smiley

Ps
Both are adorable
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: