AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 03:22:44 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st BBPA Meeting  (Read 9510 times)
Andrea Denner

Email
« on: May 24, 2003, 04:00:29 am »

First meeting of the Bulletin Board Posters Anonymous meeting will convene this evening at 9 p.m. CST  Remember, the key is to admit that you have a problem.
Thank you.

NOTE:  This does not include anonymous posters (ie; fake posters).  Only those who wish to remain anonymous in their "constant posting" problems, except to others who have the same problem.  Thank you.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 04:03:17 am by Andrea Denner » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 04:53:10 am »

What problem?Huh Grin
MGov

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 05:18:27 am »

First meeting of the Bulletin Board Posters Anonymous meeting will convene this evening at 9 p.m. CST  Remember, the key is to admit that you have a problem.
Thank you.

NOTE:  This does not include anonymous posters (ie; fake posters).  Only those who wish to remain anonymous in their "constant posting" problems, except to others who have the same problem.  Thank you.  Grin

Huh??  I need an interpreter to translate this into English.
M
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 09:25:25 am »

Hi, Everybody...  My name's al and i'm a BB poster...
It's been 15 minutes since i made my last post.
MGov

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 09:29:31 am »

Hi, Everybody...  My name's al and i'm a BB poster...
It's been 15 minutes since i made my last post.

an ex-catholic for sure!

M
editor
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 05:55:51 am »

I guess it could be a problem for some.  Me?  I don't have a problem.  I post because I want to...I could stop anytime.  I'm not addicted.

Stop accusing me of being a BB addict.  I am NOT a postaholic!

Brent
MGov

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 07:43:45 pm »

MGov,
I see you will be a hard case.  Remember, the key is to ADMIT you have a problem.  Perhaps looking at your daily posts will tell you the real story.

A

I have a problem with this Andrea woman.  Her profile indicates that she is 150 years old.  I think she is trying to deceive us; she might only be 100 years old.

And then, she tried to bully me into posting on this thread. At 6'4" and 300 pounds she's a woman I 'look up' to, and I wouldn't want to 'cross' her in any way.

M Smiley
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 09:01:38 am »

Quote from MGov:

I have a problem with this Andrea woman.  Her profile indicates that she is 150 years old.  I think she is trying to deceive us; she might only be 100 years old.
----------------------------------------------------------

Wow!  A century-and-a-half of hating fake posters!!!
That's impressive!!!

Andrea, did you WRITE the 12-step program for postaholics?

al

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 05:54:24 am »

I went to my first BBPA(Bulletin Board Posters Anonymous) meeting last night. Man--it was
really tough. They tied my hands behind my back and then put a keyboard right in front of me and moved it back and forth in front of me.

Then, someone sitting next to me starting typing and saying "yes, yes, I'm making my point now..." and  "I don't care how much space I take up, I've got to get this point accross" and other such things. I began shaking uncontrollably. Soon I was weeping and begging.

They turned on a CRT in front of me and on the screen was the main screen to the Assembly Bulletin Board. I saw the Threads--"Old Earth/New Earth", etc. and one of the people said "Look, there have been several new replies"---I couldn't take it anymore---I squirmed so hard my chair fell over. "In the name of all that's sacred let me type you evil people!!!! Let me type!!!!"

The meeting ended soon after. I'm supposed to go back next Tuesday--but I might have something else I have to do--I'm just taking it one day at a time.

---Joe
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 05:56:12 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2003, 06:53:44 am »

Quote from: Joe Sperling:
I went to my first BBPA (Bulletin Board Posters Anonymous) meeting last night.  Man--it was really tough.
...I'm supposed to go back next Tuesday--but...

Joe,
     Hang in there, Brother!  Be courageous!  Remember those who have gone before you, bravely attending meeting after meeting, their fingertips raw & bleeding from endless days & nights of pounding their keyboards...  Remember how they emerged victorious, the new flesh of the tips of their healed digits glowing pink as a newborn's bottom!
     After you have demonstrated several weeks of
so-sopiety, you will probably be invited into the "inner circle" of the overcomers.  Then you will attend monthly "All Nights of Non-posting," where you will sit all night before a live PC (with your hands unbound!) and compose snail mail, using pen and paper.  You can read about this and other  BBPA overcomer practices at:
      www.BBPA.argh/meetings/innercircle/overcomers/elite!

Keep reading your Big Book, Joe, and stay with your 10-step program (it used to be 12 steps, but most of us only have 10 typing fingers).  And if you get the sudden, irresistable urge to post, it's time for a word from your sponsor!

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2003, 07:55:57 pm »

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to be a
BBPA overcomer one day!!! Grin Grin Grin

--Joe
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 10:27:32 am »

Does anybody even care anymore?  Apparently the BBPA (Bulletin Board Posters Anonymous) is no more...
     i have come out every week for the meetings, but there are no meetings.  Nobody even shows up to make the coffee!  What is an enema without coffee?!
     i think the problem started when we cut back from a 12-step program to 10 steps.  Next thing we knew, the federal government jumped in & said we had to remove ALL the steps & replace them with ramps!  Well, everybody knows how fast you can go downhill on a ramp!
     Then they passed the mutant posters registration act.  It just kind of drove a wedge between us all.
     Andrea, Marcia, Joe & i had a nice little clique group going (Brent showed up once, but he was in denial & wouldn't join in), and now it's gone.   i have no sponsor; no one to turn to...    i'm sad to say i'm posting again-- maybe more than ever.   i try to be strong, but i'm not.
     If anyone's looking for me, i'll probably be at my keyboard.  Its call just seems irresistable...

al

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: