AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 02:32:31 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assembly Kids Reunion  (Read 7299 times)
Scott McCumber

Email
« on: May 22, 2003, 07:26:41 am »

Hi, all,

Just a reminder that there is a reunion planned for the Midwest Assembly Kids in Tuscola on Saturday, June 21 @ Ervin Park @ noon.

Please help spread the word as there are many of us that we have not been able to reach.

Look forward to seeing you there. I don't check this board often so if you have any questions you can email me: badbear67@yahoo.com

Scott
brad

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 09:04:35 am »

Scott,

Thanks for the reminder, June is sneaking up on us all... My gang will be there for the weekend... all five of us. Can we set up a "potluck" sort of menu kinda deal or are we going to do a KFC run and wing it ?

PS, if we need a dry place to hang out...we can use my clinic on Main street for a gathering place.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up... Smiley

Brad.
Robb

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 10:50:47 pm »

Scott,

I tentatively plan on being at the picnic with my three boys (my wife has to work).  Look foward to seeing everyone again.
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 09:23:06 am »

This is a photo of the Midwest Assembly Kids Reunion in Tuscola on June 21, 2003 (actually it’s more like a Tuscola/Champaign Reunion). A lot of you westerners and new gen Assemblyites (former Assemblyites, sorry) might not recognize the names but these are all kids that came into the Assembly in the very early 70’s and stayed until they graduated from high school in the mid to late 80’s. A few stayed longer. There is actually an even older group of AK’s who were teens in the 70’s who left as well.

For more info or to refresh your memory, check out the Midwest Assembly History @ www.geftakysassembly.com .

Well, let’s see if I can caption this so it makes at least some sense. I’ll reference the parents where I can. We’ll start from the left: the little girl in front is the daughter of Jennifer (Smith) Richardson and Jennifer has her arm around her, behind them in the back is Kathy Bragg and Linda Smith, Mark Smith (in sunglasses – all the Smith’s are the children of Cecil and Nancy Smith), in front of him is Jada (Johnson) Frahm and slightly in front of her is Sharon Farlow. The guy with the beard in front is Gerrod Farlow (the son of Art and Annie Farlow) and he is with his son Anderson Farlow.

Behind and to the right of Gerrod in the back row is Brian Tucker (the son of Bob and Karen Tucker). The big goofy guy in the white shirt next to him is me, Scott McCumber (son of Jim and Brinda McCumber), in front of me is Rachel (Geftakys) Steepleton (daughter of David and Judy Geftakys) and in front of her is my son, Austin McCumber.

Behind and to the right of Rachel is Brad Mathias (son of Gerald and Marilyn Mathias), in front of him and next to my son is Jenni Tucker (Brian’s big sister). Slightly behind Jenni and to the right in the red top is Mary Smith (don’t know her married name), and in front of her is her daughter. Behind Mary and to the right is Mark Voss and in front of Mark is Rachel Middleton (daughter of Bob and Linda Middleton) and Rachel is holding her older brother Robb’s son. Robb is slightly behind Rachel.

Next to Rachel in the red top is Jada Houk, wife of Andrew Houk (son of Mike and Brenda Houk) who is standing just behind her in the white t-shirt. Behind Andy is Bob Richardson (Jennifer Smith’s husband) and next to Andy in the red top is his sister, Elisha Houk. Next to Elisha is Frank Perry, son of Dave and Tonda Perry and to the right of him are Rob and Kelly Spence (Rob is the son of Sarah Spence and he is Gerrod Farlow’s cousin).

There were actually several others that came and went throughout the afternoon including Miett (Johnson) Boyer, Libero Johnson, Mindy Voss, Mark Riddle and a group of spouses who were never in the Assembly. There were about a dozen other little kids there (Assembly Kids’ children), also but they were busy on the playground when we took the pic.

Many others sent their regrets at not being able to attend: Kevin Mathias, Mia Voss, Robert Beasley, Mona Farlow, Joe Farlow, Tami Henson, Mary Reed, Matt Childress, Rebecca Childress, etc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 09:25:56 am by Scott McCumber » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: