AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 04:34:12 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent: Godspeed and God bless!!  (Read 3735 times)
vernecarty
« on: March 21, 2003, 12:01:43 pm »

And of the children of Issachar, which were men that  had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do...
1 Chronicles 12:32

Dear brother in Chirst and fellow soldier of the Cross:
We owe you a debt that cannot be paid. As I pen a farewell note, the emotions overwhelm. I have never been one very big on panegyrics, particularly in spiritual matters; I make a rare departure from that settled disposition and salute you my friend! The day will fully decalre it!
In the joy of His service,
Verne
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 11:31:06 pm »

Dear Brent, Suzie, and Family Smiley Smiley Smiley:

Words fail me as I try to think of an adequate expression of thanks for what you have done.
    Your efforts must be likened to the prophets of old, who with faith, courage, sacrafice, and with little thanks, sought to call God's people to repentance.
    When I first discovered the Rick Ross site(2002) and read the articles there I was impressed with the clarity, courage, and insight of the articles there.  I had no idea who this guy Brent Tr0ckman was, but silently wondered if any of his writing would be received.
 I had been out for over 11 years and had given up any hope for my dear friends in the Assembly.  I wrote a big letter, within a year of my leaving, and felt it was a last futile attempt to reach them.  When Enroth's books came out, there was another glimmer of hope, only to realize the Assembly spin machine was able to continue to imprison those still there.  Dave Sable tried, via a newsletter the "Noble Enquirer" to reach them, only to earn the Assembly's withering scorn.
   When Brent raised the idea of a website dedicated to the Assembly issue, on the Rick Ross BB, I was for it, but I had my doubts of it's possible effectiveness.  I was used to the adamant resistance of any effort to entreat Assembly folks and that caused me to forget that there is a God that cares in Heaven.
   This is why Brent deserves the name of a Man of faith, and to be included in the annals of such servants of God.  God had to be the one to give Brent such faith and determination as there were no natural encouragments to think that his task could possibly be successful.
   That his service has been, "exceedingly, and abundantly beyond what we could ask or think", is clearly evident.
   Thanks again for all the sacrafice from you Brent, Suzie, and the Kids, your service has indeed been of eternal value!
  It has been a great honor for me to have had been able to have a small part in what was truly God's ministry through you.
                               God Bless,  Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: