AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 05:15:05 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Child abuse in the assemblies  (Read 12592 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 11:34:09 am »

Answer me this, Mr. Tr0ckman.  When do you graduate?  From being the "arrogant assembly brat" to being a good, humble Christian like yourself?   Wink

So ONLY the ASSEMBLY kids are arrogant.  And WHEN do they stop being ASSEMBLY kids?  When you give your permission?  

Please answer at your disposal.  But use logical statements.  No character assassinations or age refferals.  

Let's talk about the issues here.  

Dear Luke:

A person stops being an "arrogant brat," the moment they do.  By the way, I did not ever say you were an arrogant brat, I merely said that the arrogance and pride exhibited by some of the assemby kids is stunning.  

I also want to say that my own arrogance and pride was probably double or triple what yours is on your worst day.  I am guilty as can be in this area.

The day you really come to grips with the fact that your youthful pride, compounded by the Assembly teaching and elitism, which is a super-charger for pride, has led you to act in a way that you are ashamed of, is the day you graduate.

Not the day you say to someone, "I acted pridefully, please forgive me."  No, I'm talking about the day that you actually weep before the Lord, all by yourself.  It'll happen, don't worry.  That's the day you graduate.  It's part of becoming a man.

All kids, especially 19-25  year old males do this sort of thing, and snap out of it.  Assembly kids are worse than most, because of their advanced knowledge of the Bible.

So, to answer your question, you don't need my permission to grow up.  In fact, you can grow up even if I slander you and assasinate your character.  All I'm saying is God will work this humility into you at some point.  I hope it happens now, when you are young, instead of waiting till you are 36, like with me.

Have you read my book?  You can learn all about how God humbled me if you do.  Also, I am NOT a good, humble Christian.  I am perhaps less prideful and arrogant than before, but I will always struggle with these things, simply because I am smarter and more courageous than almost everyone else..... Wink Wink

(That's a little sarcasm there on the end, I hope you get my point.)

Brent
Arthur
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 04:55:37 am »

I put the pamplet that Ginger Geftakys wrote on child training here on the message board in a separate thread.
http://www.briantucker.net/bb/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=342
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 10:50:10 am »

Dear Brent,

Thank you for your most gracious reply.  Yes, I think I do have some pride issues to work out.  And I will be asking God to get that out of me day by day.  I could use your prayers.  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: