AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 01:30:07 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: ????? WHY ?????  (Read 20721 times)

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2003, 04:54:39 am »

Hey Big Al,

It's me Al. Yeah, everything is alright between us.
I got an unnotified suspension from the board.
I started posting about suicide and stuff. Next
thing I know I barred from the site. Tim Geftakys's
hide is at stake now - he clearly lied regarding
suicides. Okay, okay, plausible deniability. Yeah right.

Rudy Kristavcnik
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2003, 09:28:52 am »

Hey, Rudy,

That may not be what happened...  Look at "My Meeting With Tim Geftakys" and you'll see that several of us have had something to say about suicides since your post there.
     Methinks the BB still has some kinks to work out since switching from Brent to Brian.  My automatic log-on doesn't always work, and i've been busted back down to "Newbie."
     Hang in there-- Brian has his work cut out for him, but he's ironing it all out as quickly and effectively as he can.

al

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2003, 07:35:01 pm »

Andrea, Andrea, Andrea,

Yes, it really is Rudy. And I'm definitely a bit crazy over all of
this business. A saying from the government - you don't
have to be crazy to work here, but it sure helps  Wink

Since no one has a problem w/ guests posting, I'm officially
backing off of my stand against it.

Rudy Kristavcnik
Hastings Inmate '81 - '89
brian

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 09:52:56 pm »

Yes, it really is Rudy. And I'm definitely a bit crazy over all of
this business. A saying from the government - you don't
have to be crazy to work here, but it sure helps  Wink

ha! i like that... you don't have to be crazy to post here, but it sure helps  Grin

Since no one has a problem w/ guests posting, I'm officially
backing off of my stand against it.

i've changed my position too. i just blocked guests from posting. the reason i was allowing it was because it was the only way people could post who were having login problems. it would appear that my fix yesterday afternoon is working, which solves the login problem, thus no more guest posting.

i posted the reason rudy was banned on the thread where he posted the posts that got him banned. he posted a couple posts that sounded exactly like personal, physical threats and several people emailed me about them, quite alarmed. i felt a public reassurance was in order. in all fairness, perhaps rudy did not intend them as physical threats, but they were still a totally inappropriate way to get his point across, and could easily be understood as threats. that combined with his antagonistic attitude towards anyone who tried to calm him down, including mark c, who is a global moderator, pushed me over the line from a simple emailed warning to the decision to suspend his account for a short time. i know that rudy read my reasons for suspending his account yesterday because he edited out my remarks from his post before i suspended him, so it wasn't done without explaination.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: