AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 03:56:34 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Brent a BB Nazi or a BB Softie??? Vote Here  (Read 19810 times)
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 08:28:43 am »

Alright folks, I think the "Nazi" thing is kind of a sick joke.  Shame on my hoosier brother for starting it.  I will have to pop him one.

Anyways, I know all you people living out there by the beach with your nice tans and your little surfboards!  But let me tell you somethin'!  SNOW BUILDS CHARACTER!!  You actually get to enjoy all four seasons.  It is not just warm, and it is not just cold.  IT IS ALL BEAUTIFUL!!  Let me say that you California people are missing out on the beauty of all the seasons.  But you go ahead, get your nice little tans.  Just don't get skin cancer.

Luke "under discipline" Robinson
Oscar

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 10:25:21 am »

SNOW.........I HATE SNOW!!!!!!

I was raised in LA Calif.   In California snow is taught to behave!   I must stay its place in the mountains where it can be visited for a little fun when people WANT TO.

In 1960 my uncle Sam decided I should go live at one of his country clubs in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  (they are LOUSY at snow training in Michigan!)

The first day I reported to work, they gave me a shovel and sent me out to clear a PARKING LOT!!!

IF GOD WANTED PARKING LOTS TO BE COVERED WITH SNOW HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN PEOPLE BUILT IN SNOW PLOWS!

On the fourth God created the sun, (so Californians could enjoy themselves all winter).  

Snow doesn't build character, it rusts out cars.  All you midwest folks need to buy a copy of "Snow Training" by Harold Fugate.

Tom M.

Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2003, 10:43:41 am »

Oh yeah?  Well, all you tender-foots out in California don't really know what is living.  You haven't lived until you run around in the snow for about five minutes in some swim trunks and then jump in a hot tub.  That is quite an experience.  You never went to Alaska and seen the beauty of huge glaciers.  And have you ever went out walking late at night, where the air is crisp and there is beautiful snow all around?  There isn't a sound because it is all muffled by the snow.  And then you see a shooting star flash across the sky.  It is really a beautiful thing.  NOT ALL THE TIME.  But it is good to get out of school.  YOU CAN ENJOY WINTER.  Imagine that!!

Ciao.

Luke Robinson
Mrs. Arthur

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2003, 11:05:48 am »

I suppose brent could be considered a nazi due to the totalitarian nature of being an Admin, but i think this is solely due to his station and not his character

That is unless you mess up the phone scripts at work!

Paul said that former employees can post but current ones can't so...

I remember when I first started to work for Brent he had only been out of the group a few months.  He was working on becoming a more kicked-back guy but hadn't quite achieved that.  Any ways, it was my first week and I hadn't memorized the phone scripts yet and I answered a call - it was a new patient.  I didn't ask half the questions I was suppose to and when I hung up the phone Brent entreated me as to if I had read the scripts.  Needless to say he drilled me on them for the next few days and you know what?  I learned those scripts!  

I do have to say over the few years that I worked for Brent he lightened up A LOT!  He may joke around and come off like a Nazi but he's a softie (whether or not he would like to admit it  Cheesy).
editor
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2003, 11:44:48 am »

Uh, gee, thanks Mrs. Arthur.

You make me look real bad.  I was the best boss you ever had and you know it!  

You are showing a rebellious and independent spirit with that last post.  You bring reproach on my sacred phone scripts!   Grin

When are you coming back to work?

Brent
karensanford

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 12:53:27 pm »

We need to start a thread (or support group...Huh) for Brent's former employees.  I can think of two (both named Rachel) here besides me.

Brent is somewhat of a nazi in that he
a) expects that you will show up to work on time Shocked  
b) demands that you "follow the scripts!!"
c) wouldn't hire someone with a ring through their lip or who says "dude" a lot, and in fact seems to hire only young good looking women  Grin
d) could be accused of indoctrinating his employees when he stands over them at the counter between patients, banging his fist and expounding on the theories of Ayn Rand or pitting Republicanism vs. Libertarianism.  

WOE to he who messes with the system.  The office runs like a well-oiled machine in which each piece knows its part.

Once you learn to deal with these quirks, Brent is a quite charming teddy bear in a Hawaiian shirt.  As long as you aren't an insurance company.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 09:26:29 pm »

Hi to my dear Midwestern Friends! Smiley
   I knew I could get a rise out of you with my post re. the cold in the Midwest.
  Since serious post's seem to be ignored, and the light hearted one's get a flood of response, I was using a populist approach to posting in an attempt to engage other's in conversation (I know---- get a life Mark!).
   Since I now have the attention of some:  Please pray for the "Leaders" in the San Fernando Valley and their willingness to come out of denial.  Also pray for those still in the Valley who are trying to put pressure on them to face the issues before them.
    If you feel any anger re. my previous "artic" post please also add to your prayer list a request for blizzard conditons on the West Coast Wink  You Exmembers can be so bitter! Smiley Smiley
                               God Bless,   Mark C.
editor
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2003, 09:28:29 pm »

WHAAAaaaa?!! Shocked Shocked

Quirks?  What do you mean?  I don't have any quirks!

Karen is right, the office runs like a well oiled machine.
BTW, I don't bang my fist on the counter, unless someone botches a script!

Also, the scripts aren't weird, they're important so that we get the info we need, quickly and thouroughly so that we know how to best serve each patient.

That is the reason people drive and fly from out of state to see me.  It's the scripts.  No scripts, no patients.

It might have something to do with my skill, but I really think my success is due to Karen and Rachels using the phone scripts properly.

"Do you prefer morning or afternoon?"
"Who can we thank for referring you?"

That's the secret folks.

Brent
Rudy

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2003, 09:33:39 pm »

Banging fist on counter.

Isn't that workplace violence ?   Wink
Oscar

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2003, 03:34:36 am »

Luke wrote...

"Oh yeah?  Well, all you tender-foots out in California don't really know what is living.  You haven't lived until you run around in the snow for about five minutes in some swim trunks and then jump in a hot tub.  That is quite an experience.  You never went to Alaska and seen the beauty of huge glaciers.  And have you ever went out walking late at night, where the air is crisp and there is beautiful snow all around?  There isn't a sound because it is all muffled by the snow.  And then you see a shooting star flash across the sky.  It is really a beautiful thing.  NOT ALL THE TIME.  But it is good to get out of school.  YOU CAN ENJOY WINTER.  Imagine that!!"

Ciao.

Luke Robinson

Luke,

Tender foots, (don't you mean tenderfeet?) out in California?

Say what?Huh    Hey since when did they ever have the WINTER OLYMPICS in Nebraska??   We got plenty snow you betcha.

We got 14,000 foot mountains!   We got one side of the biggest lake west of the Mississippi, and it FREEZES every winter.  We love to visit these places, and then return to where people ought to live.  

IF GOD WANTED PEOPLE TO LIVE WHERE IT SNOWS HE WOULD HAVE MADE THEM FURRY!!!

By the way, there is one good thing about snow I learned in the UP of Michigan.  (UP stands for Unthawed Place)   People will pick up hitchhikers whenever it snows.  They don't want to find you frozen in the ditch after the first thaw.

Run around in the snow in your bathing suit???   Did you really say that?

God bless your frozen heart,
Tom M.
editor
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 03:47:09 am »

Dear Luke,

When I was a lad your age, we used to go to Mammoth mountain several times every winter to ski.

Unlike in Nebraska, where you are lucky to get 2 feet of snow overnight, in Mammoth, I have seen it snow 6 feet, in one day, numerous times!

We would sit around in the hot tub, with 6, maybe 8 feet of snow, in the form of a wall, surrounding the hot tub.

We dug a network of tunnels through the walls of snow, like a bunchh of freakin hamsters!  While the snow was somewhat soft, it froze up like ice after our warm, wet skin slithered in for as long as we could take the cold.  After about 4 days of this, you could slide around, make left turns, right turns, etc. for a good long time, all the while buried under 5 to 6 feet of snow.

(Being about 19, we were too "smart" to consider what would have happened if a cave in had occured.)

Also, we broke through the ice of the swimming pool, jumped in, and swam underwater, then popped back out through the hole and jumped back into the hot tub.

My point?  Californians invented this sort of stuff.  You guys should stick to BBQ and football.  Leave the hard stuff to us, who have way more experience in things like this.

Brent
karensanford

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2003, 04:03:02 am »

Luke-I was born and raised in San Luis Obispo.  I had done every one of these things prior to ever moving to Washington.  Your experiences are as broad as your imagination--pursue them!  

Oh yeah?  Well, all you tender-foots out in California don't really know what is living.  You haven't lived until you run around in the snow for about five minutes in some swim trunks and then jump in a hot tub.  That is quite an experience.  You never went to Alaska and seen the beauty of huge glaciers.  And have you ever went out walking late at night, where the air is crisp and there is beautiful snow all around?  There isn't a sound because it is all muffled by the snow.  And then you see a shooting star flash across the sky.  It is really a beautiful thing.  NOT ALL THE TIME.  But it is good to get out of school.  YOU CAN ENJOY WINTER.  Imagine that!!

Ciao.

Luke Robinson
wolverine

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2003, 07:55:04 pm »

Wait, wait, WAIT!!!!

Is this thread called "Do you like snow? Vote here!"

NOOOOO!!!!

I think we've taken a little too much liberty and gotten WAAAAAAYYY off subject... Wink

My vote has now gone to "Super-softie" for not only allowing this rampid infiltration of nonsense take place but even PARTICIPATING!!!!!!  

But alas, I the lowly keeper of the flame, have not a say in this matter...

Keep it as you will, Super-softie... Wink

BrentTr0ckmanFanButKindOfOnTheFence
Rudy

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2003, 08:41:46 pm »

Watch out where the huskys go
and don't you eat that yellow snow  Cool

Zappa
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2003, 11:08:35 am »

IF GOD WANTED PEOPLE TO LIVE WHERE IT SNOWS HE WOULD HAVE MADE THEM FURRY!!!

you mean you havent met the furry people yet? *sigh* you sun-people need to get out more often
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: