AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 05:55:29 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use this board  (Read 17095 times)
trockman

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2002, 12:07:09 am »

Hey you all.

I am having trouble too, but if you delete all your cookies and temporary Internet files, you can log in, etc.

I hope that the GA.com team gets this problem fixed soon.  If they don't maybe they should get another BB!

Brent
buzz

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2002, 12:51:47 am »

I think I've figured out the log in session problem.  The Bulletin Board sets 2 cookies, one for expiration time and one for user info (log in name and password).  If you log in to the board for the first time without checking the box "Always stay logged in" then the cookie expiration is set to expire immedieately.  So it can not set the second cookie which remembers your login information when you change pages.  What you need to do is delete ALL the cookies to this site.  

There are two places you need to delete the cookies in Windows 2000 and XP,  under "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies" and
under "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"  

After deleting both cookies, come back to the bulletin board. You will actually have to log in twice, but make sure you have checked the option to "Always stay logged in" the first time you log in.

I think that will solve your login problems.

Buzz
editor
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2002, 04:51:11 am »

Yep, it works. You gotta delete all the cookies.  Every last one of them.

I didn't even start a new session and it is working on my end.

Of course, you can always continue to post as a guest...but you will never overcome that way...

editor
Terry L Huffman

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2002, 08:27:46 am »

Brent:
I have to admit it, that "man on fire" logo on your posts has had me chuckling for the last 15 minutes. It is almost positively Mauldinish in its humor!  Grin
editor
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2002, 09:18:41 pm »

Hello Everyone

Our webmaster seems to have fixed the problem with logging in and out.  

Delete all your cookies once, and you should be good to go, with no trouble.

Of course, you may continue to post as guests if you like, whatever suits you best.  However, loggin in allows you to use some of the other features like Private Messaging, etc.

Editor
Rachel

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2002, 09:55:01 pm »

I can finally stay logged in, post, and get messages!!! Cheesy

Yeah Cheesy
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 10:27:54 pm »

Hi Rachel!!

I agree with you sister!  I am finally able to make some contributions to this bulletin board too!  Yippee!!!! Grin

EuEu
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: