AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 07:33:13 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 17190 times)
BenJapheth
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2003, 06:09:47 am »

Rudy, add the two numbers and that's how many people are on the site.

Come on are you playing with us?

Chuck
BenJapheth
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2003, 06:10:20 am »

Rudy, add the two numbers and that's how many people are on the site.

Come on are you playing with us?

Chuck
retread

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2003, 06:12:34 am »

Well, this may be my final post for a while. Cry In respect of Brent's no anonymous posting rule, I shall now bow out. Being part of the GA.com BB has been a truly great experience.  I have just a few things to say before I leave.

Verne C - Keep up the good work.

Danny E. - I am so encouraged with what God is doing in your life.

Judy G and Rachel S - Thanks for coming forward to help expose the fraud of GGs "system".

Steve and Margaret I - Thanks so much for your posts.

John J M Sr. - I will never forget you (not many would Smiley).  I would love to have a discussion with you someday and pick your brain on several topics that come to mind.

Susan M - Your story of you and Tom, and the healing that God accomplished truly touched my heart. May God use your story to work in the lives of others.

Luke R - We may have had a few communications glitches between us in the past, but I respect your commitment to follow the Lord.  Keep true.  Don't miss me too much.  Grin Grin Grin

Luke S - You rock bro. The Lord has given you much wisdom.  May you continue to use it for his glory.

Emma S - You need to show your brother who the "real" leading poster is.  May your rightful position be restored.

Bob and Teresa S - You can often tell a lot about parents through their kids, and you have kids who you can truly be proud of.

Greg T - Loved your "worker characteristics" posts.  Actually I loved all of your posts.

Kimberley T - I have always enjoyed your posts.  They get to the point and say what needs to be said.

Brent T - You are doing a great thing here.  May God continue to release his children from the bondage of men such as GG. Perhaps now that I am not part of the "work",  I may no longer deserve the title of "Full Time Poster". Seek the mind of the GM and feel free to use your imagination to come up with a more suitable title. Grin Grin Grin

Suzie T - I would love to see more of you posts.  Keep Brent encouraged. Smiley

Chuck V - Continue to open peoples eyes.  I sense that you have a truly kind heart.

Garth X - May the Lord continue to use your boldness for him (and hey, you have a great opportunity to surpass my post count now)

Sue X - I haven't seen your post in the past week or so, I hope that all is well.

There are many others here as well, who have made a difference here.  I'm gonna miss you guys. Cry Remember, I am still only an e-mail, or an IM away.  You still may see me lurking around, I just won't be posting for now.

Anyway, I'll sneak in one quick funny story in this last post.  It is from the "Old" humor thread that was removed a while back, so many of you may not have seen it.  This is a true story.  A LB of a local assembly had decided that it would be a good idea to dilute the wine used for the breaking of bread with grape juice, so he added grape juice to the partially full wine bottles, screwed back on the tops and placed the bottles back in the cabinet in the brothers house where the meetings were held. In the middle of the night the LB was awoken by the sound of an explosion and rushing liquid. Shocked He thought that a pipe had burst, but the bottles had exploded because of the fermentation of the grape juice that was added.  I guess the LB didn't remember our Lord's warning about putting new wine in old wine bottles.

Matthew 9:17
"Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved."

The Geftaky's system is an old bottle.  Anything that we can add to it to attempt to improve it may end up destroying that which has been added.  The dear saints in the assembly deserve a new bottle.  Perhaps certain Geftakys leaders who have not stepped down should consider this.

The LBs diluting of the wine reminded me of a joke that I heard concerning the watering down of some paint.

A member of a church was given the job of painting the building where the church gathered.  Enough paint was purchased for the painter to complete the job.  However, the man also needed his own house painted, so he decided to water down the paint so that there would be enough to paint both the church building and his house.  He completed the painting of the church building and then proceeded to paint his house.  He was very pleased with himself as he had just enough paint to complete both jobs.  Unfortunately it started to rain the next morning, and our paint diluter, noticed that the paint on his house was washing away.  He began to panic as he realized that the diluted paint would not hold up to the rain, so he rushed down to the church building to see how it fared.  Suddenly he heard a voice from above.  It said "Repaint and thin no more".  To the Geftakys Lodge I say "Repent and sin no more".

Malachi 4:1-3
For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

So was Malachi the only Italian Prophet? (Ma - Law - Chee) Grin I guess I'll miss the humor threads here as well...

Signing off. Cry

Former Out of Control Poster
Retread
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2003, 06:41:12 am »

peace out man  Shocked
freebird

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2003, 07:22:06 am »

HAIL TO THE EDITOR!!!!!!!

Brent, I was thinking that you should do that very thing.  Good job.

Retread,

I still don't know who you are!!!!!!  I have enjoyed being a co-poster with you.  I wish you would reveal your identity, but I can think of some good reasons not to and I respect your decision.  

Stay Strong,
Garth
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2003, 01:41:32 pm »

Maybe that IS his name.  Ret Read!!  Hey, this is awesome!!

Wow!  Brent is putting down the hammer!  

Another announcement: The next guest or bogus person who writes on, they will have the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits.  Chilling.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: