AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 02:25:14 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychological problems?  (Read 14996 times)
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:43:45 am »

I'm not fibonacci when I say that mad ducks need a sable environment to
eat their Campbell soup under the moonflower. Don't stop me now, I just started.

Did I use everyone in the thread?    Grin

Yeah....why am I last?? Somethings never change.  :rofl:  Grin
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 01:42:45 am »

Ah, but did you notice Moon, that "Campbell Soup is under the Moonflower?"  So, proper exegesis that includes the correct grammatical/historical means of interpretation would demonstrate that I am the last and have the claim to greater victimization! Cry

As a more serious response to Fib's original question:  What did we bring with us, as a psychological issue, before we entered the group?  And, can that explain why we became involved?

There were several different general types that were in the group that I observed.  Of course, the children didn't have a choice so they don't enter this kind of evaluation. 

1.) The wide eyed truly innocent believer of GG teaching.

2.) The egocentric power hungry controller who desired to climb the ladder in the group.

3.) Those that had a mix of both number one and two above.

These attitudes are basic human conditions that are not necessarily "psychological" issues as much as they are maturity and character needs.

I think that honesty re. how GG used both of these human defects to his advantage in our own individual situation could be very helpful in understanding and learning from our past.

Someone, who "fell away" from the group, thinking themselves a great flop, could be in a much better position than one who left thinking that they were just involved in a church with a failed leader.  The latter could just carry with them the deep character flaws that allowed them to administrate GG abuses without honestly considering their failure.

So, it's more important what condition I leave the group with than the one I brought in with me.

God Bless, Mark C.

juststarted

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:10:32 pm »

Actually you all are damaging my psyche. I was last and nobody recognized me. You hurt me. Cry Cheesy
fibonacci

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 04:22:29 pm »

Juststarted,

My deepest apologies for not recognizing you as having been named last. Having been the one named first, everyone has placed me on a pedestal, and I am afraid the power up here on this pedestal has gone to my head.

It is important to realize that being named first actually places ME at a disadvantage. I must fight my desire to flaunt my power, and I am under greater scrutiny up here. You should be grateful that you were named last, and possibly even ignored; you have greater freedom where you are.

:rofl:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: