AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 06:28:52 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am here  (Read 60194 times)
AaBbCc

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2003, 10:19:08 pm »

Please forgive me I mistyped my dates that I was in the SLO gathering.  It should read December 1985 through October 1990.
Lori Wray (fka Lori Rushmeyer)
editor
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2003, 11:55:26 pm »

Dear Lori

You are forgiven, but I must take away 2 overcomer points from you, for your typo. If this confuses you, or you aren't sure if I am kidding or serious, then I have accomplished my purpose.

I hope to instill in everyone a sense of awe, in that I am THE GM's servant.  At the same time, if I can keep everyone slightly confused, while at the same time in vigorous pursuit of what I tell them is the truth, then I can excercise even more control over all of you.  You will be ever learning, ever trying to gain my favor, but never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth.  Any power you think you may have, will only come from me, and I will control all of you. I learned all of this in the Assembly.  Wink Grin

How many of you wish you were told this the first day you "came into fellowship?"

Brent

(Lori, I really am kidding.  We can still have a sense of humor, I think?  Welcome to GA.com!)
4Him

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2003, 01:03:51 am »

Hello Curious,
...I've heard all kinds of stuff about why we left the lodge. I'm the one blamed for our leaving. I call it the Eve Syndrome.  ...
Teresa

Teri,
I just knew it was yur fault!
Actually, tho' I finally made the decision, it happened when I began to see things I think my wife has seen for a very long time (not the specific things concerning DG).  She was and is very patient with me tho' I often don't see it.  It's not an Eve syndrome but an extremely important way of seeing and sensing the world that she and, I think you as well, possess.  We (husbands) need our "better halves"!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 01:05:15 am by 4Him » Logged
Curious

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2003, 01:57:13 am »

Dear 4Him...as you said the other night in our private conversation in our family room...you wouldn't last a week with me as your wife!!!! Cheesy Wink Grin  Actually, it's funny that I haven't had one single email from anyone on this...so it confirms my suspicion that those who are "monitoring" these posts  don't really want to have face to face encounters with us but just read what we write and then report back to the powers that be...how sad!
Well, gotta run...I'm busy, busy,busy!!!!
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2003, 10:52:56 am »

Verne, well said!
wmathews

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2003, 07:52:56 pm »

I am here...
rejoicing not in iniquity, but rejoicing with the truth.
I have served in this ministry since after my discharge from the U.S. Navy, having completed time in Vietnam, and needing fellowship desperately. I  will always appreciate the fellowship and discipling of Jim Hayman in my early Christian life, as he had some similar experiences and understanding I needed at the time. Much has transpired since then.
Today, In spite of the grievous failures (Steve Irons I appreciate your spiritual perspective of godly sorrow)  Cry, I am seeing the truth of a verse I memorized as a young new believer: I Cor. 15:58.  There is much I could add but I will close with the thought: Not by their seminars, not by their bible knowledge, not by their command of the Greek, but BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM (Mt. 7:15-20).
Wayne Mathews
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 01:18:24 am by wmathews » Logged
ptemplin7

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2003, 05:07:30 am »

Hi all!!!

So many names I recognize and some that I don't.

I'm here because for 13 years I was deep into the assembly in SLO. I saw it all. Didn't know about the site until today when Rob Kazarinoff pointed me here. What a great resource.

And also what great joy to see the happenings of the last few days. Though I left in Dec. 1994 I always wanted fellowship. I'm glad that now that might actually be possible. It takes great courage to admit you are wrong and look to make things correct. I applaud those who are making the efforts both here and over the air waves.

May this be the turning point for a greater work. May the clergy be done away with and a return to true Christianity set in.

I look forward to renewing contact with so many after so long!

Lord Bless you all, God is Good!

Paris Templin
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2003, 02:10:58 pm »

This is a reply to Lori Rushmeyer (oops) Wray:

It is good to hear your story.  I am also encouraged that Sheila and I didn't appear on your list - heh, heh.  Just so you know, I don't recall a letter being read about you, or any "official" word that we should avoid contact with you.  Someone might correct me - I just don't remember anything like that.  I think the reason nobody kept in contact with you is because our  training led us to immediately think of you as an outsider - someone who had "left" God's flock.  Pretty sad, since the general knowledge was that you were simply "very discouraged."  One would think we should see it as our responsibility to go out to you.  But, then again, we also had a rather bizarre notion of what it meant to "go out" to someone.  In our minds, "going out" meant only "drawing in."  What can I say?  We were ill-trained.

Anyway, please email me, as I'm sure Sheila would like to touch bases with you.

-Eric
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2003, 02:22:30 pm »

This is a reply to Paris Templin:

Paris!  So good to hear from you!  I owe you some money.  Let's get in touch, so I can make it right.

-Eric  Grin
Heide

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2003, 08:01:41 am »

Lori Rushmeyer, my dear roommate (boy was I a lousy roommate to you...) I am so sorry!

I would love to hear from you!

Heide
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2003, 09:44:10 am »

I would say that I am here not to criticize but to encourage. Also I see it very important to tell the truth and share your honest opinion from the bottom of your heart. I believe that God is doing an amazing work in the assembly. I find it very important to pray daily for those who are in the assembly, not that they would leave but that the Lord would show them his exact will for each and every one of them.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2003, 09:50:03 am »

Amen! This is one of the best posts i have seen on this site. Honest, pure, and to the point.

I would say that I am here not to criticize but to encourage. Also I see it very important to tell the truth and share your honest opinion from the bottom of your heart. I believe that God is doing an amazing work in the assembly. I find it very important to pray daily for those who are in the assembly, not that they would leave but that the Lord would show them his exact will for each and every one of them.
Joe Denner

Email
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2003, 10:32:39 am »

I am here because I want to know and WALK in the truth. (3Jn. 4 - "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.")

For the last 12 years or more I have allowed myself to be involved with a system that misused the truth.  A brother who left one of the assemblies recently told me that he believed that many of the doctrines taught in this work were correct, but that they were applied in ways that were very wrong and led to extremely unhealthy and harmful relationships.  That really hit me, and has been helping me as I get before God in view of these matters.  I can think of specific examples where I have done or allowed others to do that.  For that I repent and ask forgiveness.

And, in those areas where the doctrine has been outright wrong, I am asking God to teach me His ways.  And, by His grace and longsuffering I am trusting that He will do so.

Joe
Heide

Email
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2003, 03:45:03 am »

Subject should be, Who Am I?

I started going out to the SLO assembly in 1983. I wasn't committed at that time, just sort of going when I felt like it. Who knew you had to be committed.... Anyways I came and went alot, sometimes committed for a whole four years at a time before I would leave for "sin". And I would come back and have to meet with the LB's, confess, repent, get to sit in the back row and be quiet and of course not allowed to participate in the Lord's Supper. Yea, I was that sister! I was the one who left to join the CHP because I couldn't be involved with the SLO assembly and be a cop too. I was told, while thinking about leaving that it was not God's intention for me to be a cop. He must have been right because there was a hiring freeze and I joined the Marine Corps instead. Well, that wasn't my gig either and I ended up coming back to SLO. I eventually came back to the fold after Mary Jean's funeral. Alot has happened and if you are wondering if now, would I go back again? Since I was there to hear George's repentance and they wouldn't let me in. Hmmmm.

I understand that Corey is trying to reach me. I don't have your phone number but would love to talk to you. I guess you could email me....

I totally stand for Judy even though we have had our differences. If you need my testimony for what happened at the end, I'm here.

Heide
freebird

Email
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2003, 11:43:23 am »

I am here to stand up for the VICTIMS.  

Jeremiah 21:12  O house of David, thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment in the morning, and deliver him that is spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor, lest my fury go out like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 10:56:23 pm by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: