AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 10:45:59 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 5540 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: January 01, 2003, 12:19:11 am »

Hi Everyone!!! Wow!!! There sure are a lot of postings
here. Tom----if you read this HI and God bless you. And
hello to you Mark also!! I always knew one day that the
Assembly would be exposed for what it truly is. A few of my experiences are in the "Testimonials" section, and I share them only as examples of the past ridiculousness that transpired due to a system fraught with legalism and untruth. As they say, Time heals all wounds, and mine have healed--only the memories remain. I have many good memories of the Assembly too---of people with genuinely sincere hearts, who really wanted to serve God. And I also met some of the funniest people there too. And I think that if we weren't able to laugh many of us would have been institutionalized due to all of the fear and pressure associated with the Assembly. It sure is great to see names I recognize and remember the hearts behind those people.

Take care,   Joe Sperling
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 12:47:45 am »

Hi Joe,
Great to hear from you.   Cheesy
We had a lot of fun in the Valley in the early days.  And you are right, the assembly brought us into contact with many sincere and serious brothers and sisters.
My kids have many happy memories of those days.  After we moved to Fullerton, the happy memories stop.
God bless,
Tom
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 04:49:33 am »

Hi Joe!
  Good to see you posting over here Smiley!
     Yes, this is a vast sea of posting's and one would have difficulty keeping up with all of it.
     Look forward to your continued contribution to the site.
                                          God Bless,  Mark
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 02:49:17 pm »

Hello,
     Being fairly new to this site and virtually pc-illiterate,
i have very little idea what i'm doing.  My intention here is to respond to a posting by Joe Sperling which i just read .  But for all i know, i may be creating a new page, posting on some other page, or even time-traveling.  This website is NOT for old fogies!  Anyway, if you ever see this, Joe, please know that Cathy and i have fond remembrances of you, and the walls of our home are graced with family photos which you took.  We intend to visit So. CA this year, and would be delighted to see you.  Supposedly my email address is available in my profile somewhere in this cyber-maze, so let us hear from you.
Best wishes and God bless,
al Hartman
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 01:44:49 am »

Al----

It's really good to hear from you. I have spoken to people
I haven't heard from in over twenty years, it's truly amazing! I hope all is well with you Al, and with Cathy and your children also.What have you been doing for all of these years? Mark mentioned that you live in Ohio but that's about all I know. Drop me an E-mail and let me know how you've been doing. jsperling@fralock.com is my e-mail
address. allof the best to you,

Joe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: