AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 07:02:21 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent Apologizes  (Read 6557 times)
editor
« on: January 30, 2003, 02:17:49 am »

Dear Friends:

I have made many mistakes in this endeavor.  Most likely I will make more in the coming days.  One of the principles that I hold dear, and teach my children, is that when we make mistakes, we should do everything possible to right the wrongs that we caused.

One of the principles of the bulletin board was that free expression would reign.  I saw this as the direct opposite of what went on in the Geftakys group, where thoughts, words and actions were strictly controled, to the point of abuse in some cases.  

I knew that this would mean that bitter people would be able to sound off, and that people who were full of the love of Christ, but who had different views about non-essentials of the faith, would be able to dialogue and discuss things with others of like spirit, but of different understanding.  I also knew that it would open me up for criticism.

There are many posts on this bulletin board that totally grieve me, because I can see the pride and deception that so characterizes the Geftakys group embodied in the posts.  

I have not censored these people, or their words, even though I am offended by them.  They have a right to speak here, and more importantly, by doing so, hopefully their eyes will be opened to the truth, as it may be found elsewhere on the website.

There is one person, however, with whom I broke my principles.  This person is John J. Malone, Sr.  I "deleted" him (He deleted his posts, but read on...) by trying to be a peacemaker, trying to apologize for his tone, telling people to ignore him (might be a good idea for some of you) and at the final, by posting a warning header that was all about him, but did not mention his name.  It was underhanded, and quite "lodgey."  Wink

In short, I violated my principles with John.  It was wrong.

I have restored John's password, and heeees baaaack!.  He has something to say, I am sure.  (John is never at a loss for words)

This time, I ask that you show him the same courtesy that you show to current Assembly members, myself, and everyone else on this website.

He is our brother in Christ, and he will definitely make a big splash here.

Fasten your seatbelts..... Wink
Current Assembly members,  you have no idea what you are in for.... Grin

Please pray for John, his family, and his friends.  And pray for me while you are at it.

Brent
Arthur
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 02:29:17 am »

Oh great.  There goes the bulletin boardhood.
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 02:37:53 am »

Actually, I wasn't ever very sure that I even understood most of what Mr. Malone was trying to say, but I'm glad he's back.
brian

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 02:43:51 am »

by posting a warning header that was all about him, but did not mention his name.

i wrote that header all by myself. just to take credit where credit is due. it wasn't quite the way i wanted to handle it, but brent and i have different approaches and after discussing it with him that was the compromise we reached. but i authored it alone, and what i wrote did not violate any of my principles.

what i wrote was not all about john, and not only about john, although it was partially about him. his posts were generating a lot of anger on the board, far more than anyone else's. my goal in what i wrote was to defuse the flame wars that were just getting started. a kind of general 'play nice!'. john took the time to recreate the header i wrote and all of his posts at geftakyslodge.com if you are curious what this is all about.

peace lovies all,

brian
editor
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 02:46:29 am »

OK

I'm locking this thread.
Here we go.....

Brent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: