AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 12:10:22 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serving the Geftakys'  (Read 19989 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 12:58:28 pm »

Folks,

I can't find the post with the link to the funny cartoon bird playing the guitar and singing.

Which thread was it in?

Thomas Maddux

Click here: http://crass.on.ru/flash/bbird.html

...and thank Hugh McNeil.

al Wink

shinchy

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 08:11:50 pm »

I remember a time in SLO when I lived in a home that catered to the needs of Betty Geftakys.  She never so mauch as lifted a finger to help around the house with cleaning, cooking, making her Gerson juices and coffee enemas.  But, she could talk about how important stewardships were, and that being infaithful in the little things meant one was not to be given responsibility in greater things.  Boy-I never knew God was so concerned about crumbs underneath the sofa cushions! Angry

The coffee enemas were something I never knew about until I left the group. Then I found out about it on the Rick Ross site. I had a LMAO reaction to it and passed the site on to my friends. So God would be concerned about the faithfulness in how a sister prepared an enema, I take it.

I got the idea God was a nit-picker when I was in the assembly. As someone who was the student who facilitated things (paperwork, representing the Bible Study at Inter-Club meetings, etc) for the campus work on my college, one week, for whatever reason, I slacked off on putting banners advertising Bible Study on campus. The campus worker admonished me about my lack of faithfulness and that God would remember it. So not putting up a six foot long piece of butcher paper would have eternal consequences. But even scarier is what you said about the crumbs under the couch.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: