AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 07:12:36 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Workshop for People Raised in Cultic Groups  (Read 8038 times)
Oscar

Email
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:53:23 am »

Folks,

Here is a quote from an article about people raised in cults.  I found it through a link I followed on Assembly Reflections:

"The “black or white” attitudes of cultic groups place children in a position of either submitting totally or risking severe psychological, and sometimes physical, punishment.  Neither of these options—suppression of natural tendencies to test limits and assert individuality vs. exposure to possibly severe and persistent punishments—is conducive to the growth of self-esteem and a secure sense of belonging to a caring community."

To read the entire article, click on this link.

http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_articles/mccabe_kelley_sgaworkshop_en06.01.htm

Tom Maddux
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:56:08 am by Tom Maddux » Logged
Rebekah B. (Campbell)

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:10:16 am »

I saw that workshop as well and was wishing there was something here in southern California.  Just entering key words into google like "children born and raised in high demand groups or cults" brings a host of stories.  I have just begun searching this out, I had not realized until now how much the assembly has affected me.  By the way how are stephen and the girls doing? 
Rebekah
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:29:17 am »

can you just tell me what would the connector pins are for, I mean like outputs, pip, saw, 12v, ground, shift lite, and is that all?

The connector pins are for the reverse flow multiplexer to utilize recouped freeze tone in the
judicial shift.  Don't worry about the outputs, pip, saw, 12v, ground or shift lite so much, as the
reconstituted feedback should be uniform in the diaphragm after spasmodic filtration.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: