AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 04:36:46 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Geftakys visited Calvary Chapel East Anaheim  (Read 8474 times)
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« on: September 22, 2008, 03:26:42 am »

All:

I was ushering last night at my church (Calvary Chapel East Anaheim) for the Saturday service when in walks Tim G.  After I recovered from the surprise Wink, I gave him a bulletin and showed him inside.

He told me afterward that he was "impressed" with the preaching that he heard and I had seen him pray with the senior pastor.  I know he has been in some contact with one of the pastors on staff, who was briefly in the Assembly during his college years.

He also is working for a private fish/hunt/camp club here in SoCal. 

Something seems to be changing with him, perhaps.   

Matt

Garrett Ngo

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:07:15 pm »

My ex-next door neighbor attends there  and speaks highly of the fellowship.  If he visited there good for him!
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:44:16 pm »

All:

Tim AND Ginger Geftakys came to East Anaheim this morning (Sunday).  Didn't really talk with them, just said hi to them as I saw them in the parking lot. 

Apparently the old Placentia assembly is losing its luster for them(??).  I wonder if I will see them come here en masse sometime soon (not that too many people beside myself and a few others in the congregation would notice, since there are three services and the room can hold 999 people per regulations).

Does anybody know what is happening with what is left of the Placentia assembly?

Matt
BEN MILLER

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:17:12 am »

Hey matt its your old roomie  big thumbs ben miller. Wow it must suck to run into
Tim G what a jerk. Watch him closely he's probably plotting his takeover, I would
warn your senior pastor if I was you.
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:20:01 pm »

Ben:

Hey dude, good to hear from you.

I'm not especially worried about TG.  The church I am in has nearly 2000 people it, and (I trust) enough discernment among its congregants and leadership to know what's what.  But I am going to keep an eye on the situation regardless, just in case. 

There are other things that concern me here more than TG.

Matt Sciaini
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: