AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 05:55:41 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escaping the Magazine Crew  (Read 3213 times)
Vandyyke
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

Escaping the Magazine Crew
Olivia Helmig
Magazine sales crews are still going strong, despite investigations into their exploitative practices. These crews are largely composed of younger people, often with troubled lives, recruited to sell magazines across the country.
Olivia Helmig was in a magazine crew for 10 months. During that time, she had no medical care, witnessed abuse and heard stories of rape from fellow female crew members. She talks with Dick Gordon about the dangerous and largely unknown world of underground magazine sal

I just listened to this woman's story on NPR. The woman relates her experience of being manipulated and brainwashed by these people. I couldn't help but sympathize with her. Sorry I can't find the whole story but you can listen to it on the website!

www.thestory.org
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:31:52 am by Vandyyke » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: