AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 05:42:51 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blatant Heresy vs. Inference  (Read 3219 times)
Vandyyke
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:27 pm »

GG and others in the Assembly taught "Exclusive Brethren Doctrines" concerning the Church/Assembly.
Yet they didn't take it to the level that Witness Lee and others have. Specifically I mean the

"Church is the Body of Christ" doctrine. Lee would come right out and say things that lead you to directly believe ...that in some mystical way the gathering is the Body...   (a transparent image in the mind) "Christ is hovering as the Head above the Gathering which is his body." The gathering/body is Christ! is God!

This is the accusation made in, "The God-Men" (A book written on the Local Church back in the 70's)

Now I can hear you saying, "Oh! My! Gracious Me!"

But I swear to you these things were regularly taught in The Fullerton Assembly!  Yet they were inferred!

They weren't blatently spellled out for us but rather given to us in a subconscious or undefined way! ... If you approached GG he might respond by saying, "Well, all I know is that the Bible says, ..." Now I really can't say all the implications of what that means, however I can say that it makes a tremendous difference in my worship....etc..."

Yet the truth is he danced in and out of it all the time.

Which is why we need the tapes!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:15:38 am by Vandyyke » Logged
outdeep

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:37:48 pm »

You could not pin George down on his teaching that carnal Christians would go through the lake of fire.  Even some prominent believers was unaware that George taught that.  But there it was in print in one of his books.

Yes, that is why they held onto the tapes.  Because he was afraid that someone "twist his words" by playing the tapes as is to those who weren't trained to say "Amen" every ten seconds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: