AssemblyBoard
April 23, 2024, 11:06:38 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Church Book Table  (Read 10628 times)
Vandyyke
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:42:27 pm »

The idea is that a Christian's spiritual state is saved and secure, but that what is now true and real in the spiritual realm is being worked into our lives as we progress in sanctification in the space/time realm.  Then finally the final aspect of salvation will be manifested in its fulness when we put off our earthly bodies and are clothed in spiritual bodies in the resurrection.
                                                                      Quote from Tom

I think this falls somewhere in the category of the church's mental accent. Yes they hold to this idea of 3  aspects of their salvation. Its in a book somewhere, on a dust covered shelf, back in a basement warehouse.

But if I stood outside E.V. Free this afternoon and asked everyone I saw, "Excuse me could you explain to me the doctrine of the three aspects of your salvation?"  How many would have any idea of what I was talking about?  You know yourself not even 10%!

I think they could tell you that they were saved through Christ finished work and some could tell you that they were sanctified (past tense) through his blood! 

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:41:36 pm by Vandyyke » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: