AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 04:52:18 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg Laurie's Son Dies in Accident  (Read 4674 times)
Vandyyke
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:47 pm »

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=70549

Greg Laurie's son dies in traffic accident
Thousands offer sympathy, prayers for loss
Posted: July 25, 2008
11:58 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Christopher Laurie

Thousands of people are joining in a comment forum to offer prayers and sympathy for pastor Greg Laurie of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, Calif., his wife Cathe and their family as they grieve the loss of son Christopher, 33, in a traffic accident.

"Please know that you are deeply loved and people are hurting with you," wrote Diana Garcia. "In Lakewood my prayers are with you through this hurtful time."

"May the peace of the Lord fall on you like a warm breeze off of the ocean. May you know His comfort. I am praying now and will keep you in my prayers," wrote Carolyn Knaack.

"God keep you close and wrap your family in His loving arms. I have been a long listener to your radio broadcast and was very saddened upon learning of your son's passing," added Caprice Harris.

At the church website, officials confirmed Christopher Laurie, who had been working at the church, died in the accident yesterday.

A resident of Huntington Beach, Laurie, 33, served as the art director at Harvest Christian Fellowship for the past three years, the announcement said. In addition to his parents, Christopher is survived by his wife, Brittany,  daughter, Stella and his brother Jonathan. Christopher and his wife are expecting another daughter in November.

(Story continues below)

The church said memorial plans are pending.

The Los Angeles Times reported the accident happened on the eastbound Riverside Freeway in Corona. The report said Laurie's vehicle collided with a Caltrans truck involved in roadwork in the carpool lane, and an investigation was under way into how it happened.

Greg Laurie is a popular evangelist who has written several books and is known both for his television appearances and his large "Harvest Crusade" outreach festivals. He's also a longtime weekend columnist for WorldNetDaily. His next "Harvest Crusade" is scheduled for Aug. 16-17 in Anaheim. Since the crusades were launched, more than 3.6 million people have attended the stadium and arena events in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Greg Laurie has been promoting his newest book, "Lost Boy," a chronicle of his redemption and conversion from a drug-using rebel to pastor of one of America's mega-churches.

"We can't understand, but we know that THE LORD is in control and HE is the GOD of all comfort. I pray for you all," wrote Maria on the comment forum.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:58:19 pm by Vandyyke » Logged
Vandyyke
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 12:31:32 am »

Just curious, after reading this article I realized Greg Laurie is no longer affiliated  with Calvary Chapel? Is this true?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14:42 pm »

VanDyke---

No--that's not true.  Greg's church uses the name "Harvest Fellowship" but he is still associated
with Chuck Smith and Calvary Chapel. I recently saw Chuck Smith, Greg Laurie and Raul Ries on
television talking about the Harvest Crusade in August.

--Joe
Vandyyke
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 06:44:04 am »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: