AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 06:34:46 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Shout OUt  (Read 44860 times)
SugarMagnolia

Email
« on: January 22, 2003, 04:57:42 am »

YOYOYO! I'd just like to give a shout out to my bros and sisters from or formerly from the Assembly.  Keep it real, and if it ain't real, make it real.
brian

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 11:51:16 am »

*rubbing ear* hey, nice set of lungs. good to 'see' you again, ben  Smiley so how are things going? what have you been up to?
SugarMagnolia

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 11:03:18 am »

I'm doing well.  My family and I are checking out a church gathering called New Covenant on Sunday, and I'm pretty excited.  Also, with all the time I have freed up right now, I'm becoming a volunteer for Campus Life Ministry (high school ministry), something I've wanted to do for a while.  I'm currently attending the U of I majoring in elementary education.  I also enjoy singing and want to join an acapella group on campus in the near future.  
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 09:47:28 am »

It;s so awesome to hear from you my cousin Dan. Send me an e-mail sometime. Also, Brian, how are you and your wife. I dont know if you remember me but I remeber fun times at camp with you. Hope to hear from both of you soon. Smiley
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 09:54:04 am »

Well, while the bandwagon is rolling, i will have to say that i remeber Brian being my cabin consouler many a year ago at Kids Camp.  I remeber recieving Christ that year, and to make it even better, it was with Brian whom i prayed  Smiley
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 10:29:37 am »

HEY BRIAN

Remember me?  Big guy? Glasses?  It's been a long time, but I am really happy to see you alive and well.  I, too, remember those years at camp.  You were my counselor a few times and those were some great times.  Well, I would be glad to hear from you anytime.  Keep up the good work.  I will be praying for you and all that is going on.  God is working.  And I am still a big guy with glasses.  

Luke Robinson
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 10:37:50 am »

This is the very first time I've posted here.

Brian, do you remember me, Phil Strangman? Short kid, black hair, nerdy glasses? You were my counselor one year in Kid's Camp and a really good example to me. I remember one day talking about Rich Mullins with you. I couldn't believe you actually knew about him and like his music!

anyway, it's cool to hear from friends from long ago...
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 10:45:16 am »

Amen
We have more people representing ST. LOUIS.  Frankly, I think this town is underrated.  But who am I?  Just a regular ol' midwesterner.  Anyways, God is doing His perfect work.  I am glad to be a part of it.  Ciao.

Luke
brian

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 08:15:58 pm »

oh wow! what an awesome suprise! hey guys  Grin

one of the things i missed most after leaving the assembly was kids camp. i really enjoyed all the good times we had, and it meant a lot to me. of course, i remember each of you clearly, and have thought of all of you many times in the past several years, wondering how you were doing and wishing i could explain my departure from the assembly to each of you (and so many others) so you would understand and not be hurt or stumbled.

ok, so to try and respond to all this stuff: i don't know if you guys knew this but i was also quite the singer when i was in hs. won some contests, performed in choirs and musicals, etc. it was a lot of fun, and a good outlet for me.

i remember that samual skit! while we were performing it the pins holding up the 'shirt' that was operating at the top half of my pants came open and i almost lost my drawers in front of the whole camp   Shocked  Grin so i was trying to finish my performance and hold everything up at the same time, just cringing in anticipation of that fateful moment when... ah, well, we made it to the end without mishap, and had some good laughs after.  Cool

remember terrorizing the local crawdad population? and we actually got the cooks to boil n spice them up for us. good stuff.

i absolutely have to run right now, but i'll post more later!
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 10:00:34 pm »

The crawdads! They tasted so good! I'm a shrimp, lobster, and crab fanatic, and i tell ya dem crawfish ain't bad. not at all.

I hope Kid's Camp stays. I remember one year me and Luke Robinson were homesick, every day we'd go up to each other at the pool or something and say, "Hey...yep, one more day closer to going home." Don't take that the wrong way, though. I have great memories of Kids Camp, such as the time when Joel Mathews got a leach stuck to his leg and it wouldn't come off for over an hour. I also remember staying in the big lodge at EWALU and some kid fell off the top bunkbed in the middle of the night onto the hard cement floor. I guess he was OK, though.
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2003, 09:04:51 am »

Kids camp was such an awesome time. I would have to say that that was a life changing week for the good every year for me. I met great people and many counselors who were willing to listen. I hope that camp continues. It's definitely a highlight of the year.
Brittni

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2003, 03:14:42 am »

Well I know that probably none of you know who I am, but I'm from the assembly in the valley (sunshining California!!!!) I went to the kids camp out here and it was pretty cool. I remember the Teen Team alot better than I do the kids camp tho. It would be cool if any of my former friends from either kids camp or the teen team contacted me. I've been out of the assembly for about 3 months so it hasn't been that long but I do know that none of my friends have been allowed to contact me. I miss alot of my friends but I wouldn't go back to the assembly if you paid me because I totally disagree with the way they treated people there. I jus thot I'd say hey and give a shout out to all the peeps still in the assembly. You all know i love you and am constantly praying for you. Luv ya lots*muah*hope to hear from you guys soon
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2003, 07:07:25 am »

Luke R., Ben, Dan, Brian, Phil and Brittni (and anyone else who's run into me at some point in time):

HEY! You guys (excluding Brittni, cuz i talked to her a week or so ago) probably dont remember me, i was on teen team last summer, and I've been going to Kiddy Camp in the Midwest since i was in kindergarten or so. Thats about 8-9 years going now. since this is shoutouts, i just wanna say "HEY!" because I remember YOU! :)

Emily Sturnfield from Chicago
SugarMagnolia

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2003, 09:13:34 am »

I'd just like to return shout outs to people who have responded to my original shout out.  A special shout out to my boy filthy Luke R.  You'll be recieving my email soon "dog."  
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 03:31:46 am »

Hey Emily!
We didn't know each other that well, but I remembered you.  How's life been treating you?  Yeah, I remember all of us going to the Kid's Camp and the Teen Team.  THOSE WERE SOME AWESOME TIMES!!  I will be praying for you and your family.  Feel free to write anytime.  Say hi to Josh and Luke, and your parents for me.  God Bless.

Your Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 03:37:59 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: