AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 04:44:18 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read Along Bible Study  (Read 5392 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:58:27 pm »

"Hello, My name is Luther Copolsky, and I thought it might be interesting (pushes up his glasses) to
have a short "read along" Bible study (his lisp is noticeable) where you, the reader, actually get to turn
to the verses in your very own Bible (sniffs loudly and coughs), as I recount a little of my life".

Luther is 5 foot 2 inches tall, 110 lbs, 38 years old, has glasses with coke-bottle bottom thick lenses, and has extremely blood shot eyes from lack of sleep. He appears to have bruises on the top of his head, as though he may have been struck with an umbrella several times.

"Recently, I have moved a couple of times. I had lived for several years alone with my mother(rolls his eyes and flinches a bit), but moved in with my friend Maxwell. But the very first morning, I was so overjoyed that I awoke at 4:00 A.M. and yelled loudly "God bless you Maxwell!!!!" at the top of my lungs.
(Please turn to Proverbs 27:14 for reference--as I mentioned this would be a "read along in the Bible" type of story--I'll wait while you get your Bible and turn to the reference). "After I yelled, Maxwell asked me to move out, saying he had Biblical authority to do so from the book of Proverbs. He also cursed at me while I packed my things and took them to the car".

"Well, (pushes up his glasses again and coughs), I moved back in with my mother once again" (looks both ways as though he is afraid someone will hear) "and it has been simply delightful" (he says it as though he wants someone nearby to hear him say it).  The first day back the roof was leaking (Please turn to Proverbs 27:15 for reference as we continue our "read along in the Bible" study), "so I decided to move elsewhere in the house. I decided on the corner of the roof" (please turn to Proverbs 25:24 for reference)
"as it pleased my mother that I be in a better place" (again rolls his eyes and flinches).

"Even though my mother had prepared quite the meal downstairs, I decided to remain upstairs and eat a cracker instead" (see Proverbs 17:1 as reference in our read along study). Mother was not pleased with this, and let me know. She showed her displeasure with an umbrella she keeps in the closet. I won't go into details, but it was quite painful. I DESERVED IT THOUGH" (he says this quite loudly, again looking both ways, as though he might be in severe trouble if he said something different).

"I have decided to move to Mojave" (he whispers very quietly, again looking left and right) "because I feel it will be better for my mother" (he rubs the bruises on his head with a look of pain on his face). Please turn to Proverbs 21:19 as reference.

"LUTHER!!!"  (A screaming voice comes from another room, a screeching, yet gruff,  high-pitched voice, the kind that you know smokes a lot of cigarettes, the kind that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard).

"Well, I've got to go now" says Luther, "My dear sweet mother wants another cup of cocoa and I don't want to keep her waiting, or she might get a bit upset (rubs the umbrella shaped bruises on his head once again and sighs). "I hope you have enjoyed the Bible Study in Proverbs today and the interaction we have had. (Looks both ways and cups his hands around his mouth and begins whispering) "Perhaps when I get to Mojave we can have another study. I'm planning to leave tonight between 2 and 3 A.M.  Until then, God bless."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:36:23 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:55:16 pm »

"LUTHER!!!!  LUTHER!!! SO, YOU LIKE 'BIBLE READ ALONG'  STUDIES, HUH?!!?" asks Luther's Mom, flipping open the Bible, "COME HERE, AND BRING YOUR BIBLE!!! OPEN IT TO PROVERBS 23:13, WHILE I GET MY UMBELLA!!!"

Reference Proverbs 23:13 for our "read along" study.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:26:16 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: