AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 01:48:14 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recovery  (Read 6327 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:37:47 am »

Mark---you said on another thread (moving it here as I do not want to distract from the flow
of that thread):

Hi Joe!

Good to have you back, if only for the short periods that Dr. Lipschitz allows you to use your fingers!
It's that nurse Ratchett you really have to watch out for though!   

It might be that your humor will keep some of us from having to join you for chili night, etc. at the asylum ( I think they prefer to call them "Rest Homes" or "Recovery centers" now days. )

Thanks so much for your healthful humor,

Mark C.

I just wanted to say thanks for the post. I have been in the "recovery center" (as you choose to call it---though I prefer to call it an asylum due to the large number of mumbling and drooling patients walking the grounds) for over 3 months now.  Dr. Lipschitz has been wonderful, as have the rest of the staff. I have learned some very important things so far, and wanted to share a couple of them with you.

The first thing I've learned is never to accept an offer from Alphonso Gabor to use the extra bed in his room in number 213. About a week ago Alphonso and I sat down to dinner, and Alphonso ate a total of 12 hard-boiled eggs. That's all he ate.  He then invited me to use the extra bed where he lives in room #213.
I had several dreams that night that I was in a trench in World War 1.  I believe it was because I kept being awakened by the groan of Alphonso, then the sound of a large explosion, followed by an all-permeating odor of sulphur. This happened several times during the night, and I still have problems watching the History channel as a result.  If Alphonso offers the extra bed, I now say "no", and believe me, it was an important lesson learned.

The second lesson I learned is to never take the orange pills the nurse offers you. The very day I entered the facility I learned this lesson. I swallowed one of the pills, and began to feel drowsy, and began to see some very strange things. They had to call Doctor Lipschitz, and it was then that I realized he is the spitting image of Soupy Sales. The doctor assured me the pills were for my own good, but after I saw the Pope and Curious George playing chess I began to think otherwise.

I have learned some other valuable lessons, but these are the two that really come to mind--avoid room #213 and don't take the orange pills.  Well, I hope to share more with you soon. Until then, all the best.

--Joe
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:17:44 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:14:34 am »

Re. your Recovery Joe:

When you recounted your "hard boiled eggs" and "chili dinner nights" (I assume these were with beans) it triggered some rather painful memories for me as well.  No, it was not a fear of viewing the History Channel, but of watching the old Mel Brooks film called Blazing Saddles.

You know how one thing can trigger another (I'm sure the good doctor at the Asylum has discussed this with you, but I mention this for the benefit of others) and it brought me back to an ol' brothers house situation that clearly was abusive.... and GG and Betty were behind this scheme!

What was this abusive tactic, you may ask?  The Great Apostle provided some recipes for recommended meals for our house through Betty, that when ingested, were perfectly timed to create a toxic situation during our rather limited rest periods---- mustard gas is a much to much polite recollection of what then followed!!! Tongue 

I know there are former members who will want to defend GG and Betty here by suggesting that what they did to us was actually for our own good.  They will say that GG invented the "trial" in an effort to perfect us and form us into true servants.  I know of verses that talk of "trial by fire" but none that mention trial by toxic gas!   Tongue  Also, there will be those who seek to find the good in this situation and scold me for being so bitter and lacking in having a forgiving attitude.

"None dare call it conspiracy", but there is no way a meal called Grand Canyon Goulash or Five bean Casserole could just be an innocent mistake!!  Wink

From my own private asylum,   Mark C.

amycahill

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:05:04 am »

Mark---you said on another thread (moving it here as I do not want to distract from the flow
of that thread):

Hi Joe!

Good to have you back, if only for the short periods that Dr. Lipschitz allows you to use your fingers!
It's that nurse Ratchett you really have to watch out for though!   

It might be that your humor will keep some of us from having to join you for chili night, etc. at the asylum ( I think they prefer to call them "Rest Homes" or "Recovery centers" now days. )

Thanks so much for your healthful humor,

Mark C.

I just wanted to say thanks for the post. I have been in the "recovery center" (as you choose to call it---though I prefer to call it an asylum due to the large number of mumbling and drooling patients walking the grounds) for over 3 months now.  Dr. Lipschitz has been wonderful, as have the rest of the staff. I have learned some very important things so far, and wanted to share a couple of them with you.

The first thing I've learned is never to accept an offer from Alphonso Gabor to use the extra bed in his room in number 213. About a week ago Alphonso and I sat down to dinner, and Alphonso ate a total of 12 hard-boiled eggs. That's all he ate.  He then invited me to use the extra bed where he lives in room #213.
I had several dreams that night that I was in a trench in World War 1.  I believe it was because I kept being awakened by the groan of Alphonso, then the sound of a large explosion, followed by an all-permeating odor of sulphur. This happened several times during the night, and I still have problems watching the History channel as a result.  If Alphonso offers the extra bed, I now say "no", and believe me, it was an important lesson learned.

The second lesson I learned is to never take the orange pills the nurse offers you. The very day I entered the facility I learned this lesson. I swallowed one of the pills, and began to feel drowsy, and began to see some very strange things. They had to call Doctor Lipschitz, and it was then that I realized he is the spitting image of Soupy Sales. The doctor assured me the pills were for my own good, but after I saw the Pope and Curious George playing chess I began to think otherwise.

I have learned some other valuable lessons, but these are the two that really come to mind--avoid room #213 and don't take the orange pills.  Well, I hope to share more with you soon. Until then, all the best.

--Joe

LOLOL!!!!  So good to see you back.  Grin

And take it from me...you want to take the RED pill next time.  Wink
amycahill

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:06:29 am »

Re. your Recovery Joe:

When you recounted your "hard boiled eggs" and "chili dinner nights" (I assume these were with beans) it triggered some rather painful memories for me as well.  No, it was not a fear of viewing the History Channel, but of watching the old Mel Brooks film called Blazing Saddles.

You know how one thing can trigger another (I'm sure the good doctor at the Asylum has discussed this with you, but I mention this for the benefit of others) and it brought me back to an ol' brothers house situation that clearly was abusive.... and GG and Betty were behind this scheme!

What was this abusive tactic, you may ask?  The Great Apostle provided some recipes for recommended meals for our house through Betty, that when ingested, were perfectly timed to create a toxic situation during our rather limited rest periods---- mustard gas is a much to much polite recollection of what then followed!!! Tongue 

I know there are former members who will want to defend GG and Betty here by suggesting that what they did to us was actually for our own good.  They will say that GG invented the "trial" in an effort to perfect us and form us into true servants.  I know of verses that talk of "trial by fire" but none that mention trial by toxic gas!   Tongue  Also, there will be those who seek to find the good in this situation and scold me for being so bitter and lacking in having a forgiving attitude.

"None dare call it conspiracy", but there is no way a meal called Grand Canyon Goulash or Five bean Casserole could just be an innocent mistake!!  Wink

From my own private asylum,   Mark C.

Toxic gas recipes???

My friend, someone will be interested in those....

*smothers laughter*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: