AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 05:19:47 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You In Your Casket?  (Read 6913 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: November 16, 2006, 07:23:48 pm »

GA.COM is featuring a new article called A Message to Wives by none other than "unique persepective" Betty Geftakys.  Actually, the article is notes from that talk at the Worker's Seminar.

What I saw was classic Betty.  I have been at couple's meetings where she argued that if we are indeed dead in Christ, then we are in our casket.  If we are dead, someone should be able to come along and twitch us on the nose and we wouldn't react because we are dead.  Thus, we should lay down our rights and take our place in our casket when we encounter annoying roomates or unreasonable demands of leaders.

The Bible does indeed teach that we are dead with Christ so at the time, Betty's inferrance sounded logical.  But, where do you think she went wrong?  Is she confounding a positional truth with a practical one?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:53:37 pm »

I heard that Betty's casket locked from the inside. Is this true?
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 08:31:52 am »

GA.COM is featuring a new article called A Message to Wives by none other than "unique persepective" Betty Geftakys.  Actually, the article is notes from that talk at the Worker's Seminar.

What I saw was classic Betty.  I have been at couple's meetings where she argued that if we are indeed dead in Christ, then we are in our casket.  If we are dead, someone should be able to come along and twitch us on the nose and we wouldn't react because we are dead.  Thus, we should lay down our rights and take our place in our casket when we encounter annoying roomates or unreasonable demands of leaders.

The Bible does indeed teach that we are dead with Christ so at the time, Betty's inferrance sounded logical.  But, where do you think she went wrong?  Is she confounding a positional truth with a practical one?
marden
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 09:25:31 am »

Thanks Dave for posting this reference on GA.com. I was never a part of worker's meeting's or couples meetings but if we are dead in Christ I dont think the scriptures intend  for us to be in a casket. When I see this it makes me think that if we were in a casket how could someone come along and twitch us on the nose( a casket is something that isolate us from others). Where did she go wrong perhaps it was not referring to being alive in Him. I have parts of some verses that come to mind but i'm too tired right now. I will add them later.
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:40:10 am »

I heard that Betty's casket locked from the inside. Is this true?

It was one of those old refrigerators with a mechanical latch.  Too bad.  She could've used a more modern one, with a magnetic lip seal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: