AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 08:08:01 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next Google????  (Read 3375 times)
David Mauldin
« on: September 16, 2006, 05:13:32 am »

I remember when Google (GOOG) went public. I believe it opened at $80. I watched in disbelief as it went to a hundred, then 2 hundred, then 3 WOW!!!  This is gonna fall!  4 Hundred!!!! I just couldn't believe it!  Why didn't I get in?  Last November I started watching Hansens (HANS) at $80. It started to climb.  $90, $100, $150 WOW! $200  Again I just kept kicking myself, "I shoulda", "I shoulda" but then I bought MA Mastercard. It went public three months ago at $45.  I bought $5 grand.It has been climbing steadily and is almost 50% increase. So last week I put all my chips on it! Hows bout it guys??? Did ya take my advize?
Yes!!!!!   Could it be the next Google?Huh
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:00:18 pm »

Hi Dave,

There is a saying that traders use to describe making the kind of emotional decisions re. trading that you advise: "Bulls make money, Bears make money, but Pigs get slaughtered!"

Greed is a very bad emotion to pursue when trying to trade or invest, and while you may end up with a lucky throw of the dice, eventually such risk taking will disappoint.

Ultimately, true valuations for stocks, commodities, etc. will prevail and you will be left with only the memories of your high-flying emotional ride via this kind of thrill ride.

If you want to have fun with speculation make it a small part of your strategy and most certainly do not put all your eggs into that single basket!  I have had a few good speculative trades, but by the time a big move has been made it is foolish to try and chase these high flyers and it's time to look for the next "Google."  The smart speculative money has already been made in these stocks.

God Bless,  Mark C.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 09:34:46 am »

Dave,

I can give you a really hot tip on some spinach futures.

Roll Eyes

Tom
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 08:02:51 am »

When spinach tanked a few weeks ago, I sold all my futures and put everything I had into lettuce!

Oh, well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: