AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 07:18:13 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amazing Mr. Brimlow  (Read 3027 times)
David Mauldin
« on: July 02, 2006, 04:57:35 am »

I first met Ken Brimlow in the Fall of 1980. He was sharing Jesus with a group of young men at a gas station in Fullerton and offered me a ride home. Ken is the last of a dying breed of Plymouth Brethren.  I asked his name, "...like the brim of a hat you wear it low."  I have since run into him and his family off and on over the years. Frank Fokus (now Friendle) married Ken's daughter. I ran into Ken again last week. He is in his 80's now!  Ken was my first patient (I work in hospitals during the summer.) It seems that Ken rolled his 49 ton bulldozer doen his mountain! Ken owns one of the Buttes in Hemit. See Rand McNally page 111) For more info go to

http://www.john3-17.com
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:25:55 am »

Dave,

Thanks for the heads up.

Thomas Maddux
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:56:18 pm »

I remember this man as I knew when Frank got married.  Mr. Brimlow came out to the tent meetings because he was always interested in evangelism.  Most time when I talked with him, he would always say something like "I just appreciate the simplicity that is in Christ."  Of course, simplicity is a bit of a code-word that is a way of saying "churches should worship as we do".  Nevertheless, he was a very dear man when I knew him and no doubt his gift of evangelism has been used by God.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: